I need help with my diet/exercise chart

• I want to make a detailed chart of my past diet/exercise history. I have such a terrible memory and no creativity, so Im struggling through this. lol I need help with the layout and details of it. Does anyone have a chart that you can email me so I can copy from your layout? Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Melanie
  • Melanie does your insurance require a chart? If not, bless your heart for putting so much into it.

I for one, just listed my past diets, but maybe one of the other smart chicks can help you out with a chart.
  • Hey Melanie and Welcome!!! I did not get a chance to say "hey" on your original thread so ....HEY!!!!

My Weight Management History chart looks something like this:

Please indicate approximate weights - how many years you have been morbidly obese?

Childhood (1-10yrs) Normal Obese >100lbs
    Adolescensce 11-13)
    Young Adult (1830)
    Adult (30-60)

It is Is Important to note medically supervised weight loss attempts.

Doctors who Program they Weight Loss /
    have treated you had you try/
    for Obesity/

Weight Regained / Length of Program/ Estimated Cost/

(note to Melanie...those columns were all across)

Other programs

Program Year Wt loss Wt regained How many Lenght of Est.
    times program cost

hope that helps!
    peach

ps....I can't seem to get the spacing right but I hope you get the idea!

The one row across should say:
    Doctors who have treated you for obesity

then

Programs they have had you try

then

Weight Loss

then

Weight Regained

then

Length of Program

then

Estimated Cost

it all got kind of jumbled!!!
  • and don't forget to add those programs you tried on your own. they count too!! ALTHOUGH the insurance company is focusing on the fact that you tried using medical intervention and failed.

and don't be upset if you go more than a page. the more, the better. after all, things like ayds and dexatrim and the deal a meal and the y and tv exercise shows all count...
  • Hi Debkay I do have to have a weight loss history, but when I call my insurance co. they always give me different answers. No one I have talked to there sounds like they know what there talking about. So Im stressing bigtime over all of this lol

Hey Peachpit! Thanks for the pointers. I have never been on a Dr. supervised diet or a pay program like WW,etc. I hope that doesnt mean Ill have to be on a Dr. supervised diet for a long time before I get approved.
  • My 2 cents
    Not to discourage you - but my HMO requires 6 month of supervision in the obesity clinic prior to surgery. However - that time is also spent attending support groups for WLS patients, learning about the procedure, and learning about what life will be like after WLS. Even though I wanted the surgery - like now - the 6 months prior really made me ponder what I was actually getting into and I feel much more prepared because of it. Also the same doctor that sees you in the obesity clinic pre-op follows you nutritionally post-op.

Leanna