Ahhhh, infomercials

• http://provida.com/index.asp?id=&referrer=&sourceid=

Sounds great...a little too good to be true?
  • Wow. Body For Life doesn't even say you can lose 30 lbs in six weeks. maybe in 12. If you lose it that fast does it stay oof. I am really proud of myself for taking it slow and easy this time!

Miss Chris
  • Definitely sounds too good to be true. Infomercials like that piss me off. They know how desperate we are to lose weight and will try to sell us anything.
  • I'm with you Jennelle, I hate infomercials that seem to prey on desperate overweight people. I don't believe it would work for a second.
  • Infomercials prey on whatever we are looking for. If we want a quick, painless way to make money, there is some sort of program infomercial out there.

Personally, I find them kind of funny, and sometimes fun to watch, but that is because I can look at them as strictly fictional and there being no actual truth to them.
  • Well, I once lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks... I don't know how. In 7th grade I began my venture down the long road into eating disorder **** and managed to drop 5 pounds a week for 6 weeks. I was a fat kid and not doing anything too drastic at that point, either (3 small meals a day, riding my bike 6 times around the neighborhood every evening). After that the loss slowed to 2 1/2 pounds a week despite the eating disorder taking hold and my activity increasing while my food consumption decreased...

That said... from what I know now, I'd say yeah, it's too good do be true. 12-15 in that amount of time is probably more realistic.

I was a little unclear on what you meant by the infomercial though... when I first went to that link, I clicked on the story about self-monitoring being the key to success with any diet. I couldn't agree more!