New Here 180's???

You're on Page 7 of 37
Go to
  • WannaB - I think this is a good place to post for 170s. Like Mandie said, we're like family now

jenjulia - I am just like you! I worked out so hard before and never lost any weight. Cuz I preferred to work out harder than change my eating habits Nothing worked for me until I FINALLY got it in my head and found my will power.

Tinks - I love hearing about weight loss from upping calories!!! that is so awesome!!! congrats
  • Quote: Thanks Mandie Jo

so, I made it to 180.2 today! super duper happy! I hope it's not just dehydration .. haha. I drink a lot of water, but still. Hoping to hold onto this loss!

have a great day girlies!
    Way to go Alitorry!!

I have been keeping a log on facebook about my weight loss. I think it's time to stop. I'm starting to get the "you don't need to lose anymore" comments. I hate that. But I suppose if I put it out there I should expect others to voice their opinions. So from now on, I'm just going to keep it to myself and when they see pictures from the cruise and tell me that I look great I can say "oh, I thought I didn't need to lose anymore!" (I really wouldn't say that, but it sounds good in my head!) bahahahaha.

On that note - 177 this morning! Woot!
  • Alisha- Hardest thing in the world- the eating. I eat so much less than I used to but I could definately eat better. When the marshmallows call my name, I answer them far too much!

Keri- I love the idea of hanging a goal outfit near my treadmill and weight bench. Definately would make me work harder! Speaking of trips, my husband and I went to Nashville in the end of Feb/beginning of March and we rented a car and drove to the Smokey Mtns and then to Asheville, NC. We loved North Carolina (my dh had been there before). Beautiful state!!! My son's birthday is May 16th. I like the idea of having a goal by then. I will be 175 by then and 165 by my cousin's wedding on July 6th!

Mandie Jo- Awesome job!!! Your hard work is paying off!!! I think when you lose as much weight as we have, people start to really notice- people in general have a hard time with any change. They're just saying that you've done a great job! You'll look incredible on that cruise!!!

Tinks & Puffin: Great job!!! The first couple weeks are the hardest but you ladies are right on track!

Kate: right there with ya. Easter weekend is tough. My scale didn't change much. I went up a pound, down a pound. I have to figure out what my official weigh day is going to be. It was always Wednesday last fall but a little worried about stepping on the scale tomorrow.

Wanna B- if I consistently tracked I'd be at goal. Everytime I track, I start to feel like I'm deprived and I binge. I have no idea WHY I do that. It's embarrassing!

Anyone else have a hard time with tracking?

Biggest Loser is on tonight. I read that they exercise most of the day on that show. I can't imagine how much energy it takes but I guess they see results. I usually watch the old episodes "on demand" while I'm on the treadmill (and any other weight loss shows I can find on "on demand"). Keeps me motivated!
  • Quote:
    Kate: right there with ya. Easter weekend is tough. My scale didn't change much. I went up a pound, down a pound. I have to figure out what my official weigh day is going to be. It was always Wednesday last fall but a little worried about stepping on the scale tomorrow.

Anyone else have a hard time with tracking?

Biggest Loser is on tonight. I read that they exercise most of the day on that show. I can't imagine how much energy it takes but I guess they see results. I usually watch the old episodes "on demand" while I'm on the treadmill (and any other weight loss shows I can find on "on demand"). Keeps me motivated!
    I'm a daily weigher, so I know why I'm up.. I'm nuts and like to see the changes of what/when I ate yesterday hinder or help me.

I'm on track to still be at my mini goal (and former ultimate, lol, goal!) of 175 by 6/1, and my (new!) ultimate goal by the time I go on vacation in August, so I'm okay with a little up and down, as long as the overall picture is dooooowwwnnn.

As far as tracking, I'm a calorie counter and I use an app on my phone. If its something I eat often, with very little calorie change, I save it and use it daily... I always eat this spinach salad, and sometimes the veggies in it change, but I always use the same ranch dressing and the same croutons. I eat it daily, so I saved it in my app as 'my daily salad' and I track it that way. It's like, 260 cals or something, which is an overestimation, but that's okay with me.

And when I'm working out, I find that I end up watching Golden Girls, or How I Met Your Mother, lol... Like, I'll do the elliptical for 1/2 an hour, of one and then I'll walk on my treadmill for a 1/2 hour for the other, lol..
  • alitorry- You are so close to the 170's!!!

jenjulia- Yeah I have never been a successful calorie counter in my feable attempts of the past. I am determined this time around. This is only week two and I missed 2 days last week (the weekend of course). I am having such an issue deciding what my calorie goal should be. At first I was going to net 1200, but then I start reading about how too few calories can mess with your weightloss. SO then I think 1500. Then I was re-reading NROWFW and its talking about starting at maintenece. So now I am (not doing maintenece, thats too scary) doing 1750 since its close to maintenece. Anyways if I could just decide where I need to stick it would makes things less stressfull. There is so much contradictory information out there.

kateleestar- I think daily weighing is what I want to do eventually too. When I did lose weight in the past I weighed daily. I had a few false starts to losing weight in the last two months, and when I weighed daily in the beginning I totally let the scale play head games with me. I have noticed though when you first start trying to lose weight it does alot more fluctuation than what it does when your in the weightloss mode for awhile. I am weighing weekly for a month, so in May I plan to switch to daily weighing. Want to establish the habit before I add the potential scale mind games to the mix. I agree its a great daily accountability tool. You real see the effects even in a day!
  • Anyone else get have this happen too?

So I have only lost 1.6 lbs so far. A start, but just a start. I think it has to do with the bloat of eating poorly, but everytime I have started eating better I always feel like my cloths are fitting slightly more confortably (and 1.6 lbs cant realloy make THAT much difference on someone who is 5'11").

When I start losing a bit of weight I very quickly get o the "well I'm looking better already and maybe eating a few french is fine now, I mean I want to do this in a way I can maintain forever right?". And when hubby wants to go out to eat I think breakfast I think "I dont need to just eat oatmeal, I can get the whole greasy breakfast thing this time. I've been so good"....etc etc you get the picture. Anyways I guess I'm seeing if anyoine else deals with the "I dont FEEL as fat anymore, maybe I can loosen up." This is almost always what leads to the end of my weightloss. I know that counting calories this time aroubnd may really help combat this. I hope it does. But honestly I am still in the overweight range and I need to keep my head on straight. I appreciate feeling less overweight after a few lbs lost, but I need to stop the rationalizing that leads me back to old habits.

Anyways I havent hit that point yet this time, but I know it's coming. Anyone else get this?
  • Quote:
    When I start losing a bit of weight I very quickly get o the "well I'm looking better already and maybe eating a few french is fine now, I mean I want to do this in a way I can maintain forever right?". And when hubby wants to go out to eat I think breakfast I think "I dont need to just eat oatmeal, I can get the whole greasy breakfast thing this time. I've been so good"....etc etc you get the picture. Anyways I guess I'm seeing if anyoine else deals with the "I dont FEEL as fat anymore, maybe I can loosen up." This is almost always what leads to the end of my weightloss. I know that counting calories this time aroubnd may really help combat this. I hope it does. But honestly I am still in the overweight range and I need to keep my head on straight. I appreciate feeling less overweight after a few lbs lost, but I need to stop the rationalizing that leads me back to old habits.

Anyways I havent hit that point yet this time, but I know it's coming. Anyone else get this?
    I am totally guilty of this! That has been the end all of just about every diet I've been on before. I *ALMOST* did it this weekend, but I pushed through it and didn't!

I am honestly scared to death of maintenance. I've got awhile before I get there. I'm afraid that once I get to maintain, I'm not going to want to count calories and whatnot, and without that accountability, I'm scared that I will fall off the edge!
  • WannaB, yes I have been there!! I joined a fitness challenge (weight loss) in January (it ended yesterday) , so that has helped to keep me on track instead of saying yes to the bad things. I'm looking for my next challenge though ...

yep, I'm a daily weigher too.. I like it and I don't. Like you girls say, it holds me accountable... so, I'll take it!

Hoping for big losses today for you guys!!!

happy tuesday
  • Hello all! Allmost all my water weight is gone, and I'm officially back in the 180's today.. A car trip and salty foods over the weekend was too much, lol... Glad I stuck to my plan, so I know it'll come off the rest of the way soon enough.

Keep going everyone!
  • Day two of 175! I thought it was a fluke yesterday when I stepped on the scale! AND a friend gave me size 10 Old Navy jeansto try (old navy always runs a bit big, I think) and they fit!! So excited!!

Kateleestar - so glad you are back in the 180's! Car rides get me EVERYTIME. Even if it's only just a few hours - my fingers start to get puffy!
  • I know I've been missing in action a few days. TOM. I'm commited to daily weighing -- except in a few circumstances. I know I weigh more when I have my period and when ovulation approaches. It's not real fat. It's just a monthly thing, so I let it go for a few days when these times come. The other time I don't weigh everyday is when I'm losing sleep. One of my challenges is chronic back pain. I just started seeing a chiropractor. I'm so excited to actually get my spine back in alignment, but it's going to take months and in the meantime I may have pain here or there or everywhere any or all the time. My neck is killing me right now as a result of releasing the twisting tension on my spine. My next adjustment isn't till next Thursday. It hurts, but it's a step towards healing this chronic problem, so in my book, the temporary hurt is worth it. I've been losing sleep this week because I am second shift and the chiro appointments have been in the morning at least to start. Still, even with this challenge, I have maintained my small loss and hope to build on it now that TOM is gone and chiro appointments can now be scheduled around my sleep schedule.
  • It's going to take me a little time to get to know you all, but I am looking forward to it, so forgive me if it seems I have forgotten to reply to someone.
    I am encouraged to see so many positive posts of you gals actually losing the weight!

Thank you JenJulia for your support! It made me feel so good!!!!

wannaBfitnessbuff: I get this. I'm really motivated to lose when my clothes are tight and as soon as they loosen up (not many pounds needed for this) I am severely tempted in my motivation. All I can say is stick to your guns!

kateleestar: great job. It's so hard to stay good all the time. If you go off plan, just get back on. You can do it! Success is just having more good days than bad days over time.
  • 3 days at the same weight... sheesh. Come on Zumba, ..

Keep going ladies, and have a good weekend!
  • I am here!! I weigh 180, but I started at 188... I have only been dieting for almost 2 wks...
  • So, after complaining yesterday about pain and lack of sleep and all yesterday, I got a great night's sleep, I can move my neck again, feel much better, and I seem to have lost 2 more pounds. Sounds like the beginning of a great day!

kateleestar - Zumba! That sounds so fun!!!
    cbressler1976 - hi and welcome! Great job!