Jogged all the way!

• When I first started jogging I could barely go. It took me 14 to 15 minutes to clear a mile but I've been determined to slowly but surely work that number down closer to 10 minutes. The biggest obstacle I faced was not being able to jog continuously without slowing down for a brief walk. I knew it was mental, that I kept stopping approximately 6 minutes in because I was merely uncomfortable, not exhausted, so every time I got on the treadmill I told myself, "Not this time, just keep going, you aren't even that tired."

Tonight, I finally kept going. I jogged at 4.3 mph most of the way and then kept kicking it up bit by bit until I was running at 6 miles an hour to get the last bit of my mile in. That put in at 13:33, I'm so happeh!
  • Great Job! Your distance will build quickly and speed will follow.
  • Awesome job! I totally agree that running is mental. I ran a mile and a half at 4.3 on the treadmill yesterday. It took 20 minutes. I have been doing couch to 5K for the treadmill and it's been pretty helpful.
  • I started the couch to 5k program but then I stopped. I keep trying to do too much at once so I end up just skipping around from thing to thing. =/