January Feathers Chat

You're on Page 8 of 9
Go to
  • Lisatcan What is your calorie range? SO awesome you had such a nice compliment being referred to as the hot girl

krampus Girllllll ALL my friends are going through what you are. I think its our age. I went through it a few months back and sort of still am (I went back to school so its not as bad anymore). But I was stuck in a desk job for over 4 years and it was horrible. Really did numbers on me mentally and physiologically. Push through it, you WILL find your place in your career soon enough!!

Also, I think your right. We have been "dieting" or yo yoing about the same time so I hope if you are still able to lose, I will be able too. I decided to go back to what I did back in November when I lost about 7 pounds. And Im weighing everyday to see it actually go down. It helps with motivation in the beginning!

dorian Your weekend looks a lot like mine normally do But like someone very smart once told me, you can start over FRESH on Monday! Its a new week and a new resolution Try not to worry about upcoming events. I do that too but Im trying to just focus on today. Because if I start thinking about allll the days I will be tempted and will have to go off plan, I just give up. So just focus on today and worry about Superbowl when it comes !

ohtheplaces Did you make it in the 130's yet?!! You are so close!!

Philana You eat so healthy!!!! Dont you feel hungry on 1100?? Props to you girl! Also, I am curious, why do you think your maintenance calories are only 1600?

CONGRATS ON YOUR 2LB LOST!!!

Turbo Yay for no gain after the Doritos! I love when that happens. Keep on going!! How on earth did you get your man to eat broccoli!? Was it loaded with oil/butter/herbs?? lol

My weekend was so so. Actually seeing the FAT gain in the mirror and clothes (not just on the scale) has really motivated me. Before when I lost weight and got comfortable (actually liked what I saw in mirrors and outfits at times and got compliments), I never really appreciated it. I thought, Oh theres barely a difference. Well now, gaining fat back, I really can tell the difference and will never take it for granted again! I am just so determined to get to goal. I am going to start running 5x a week again and weighing in every day during the week to see the scale move. No more of this guessing and hoping. I need to see it go down in the beg to have the motivation I used to!

Its almost Hump day ! Happy Tuesday!!
  • Philana, congrats on the 2 lbs! I can't imagine seeing the dentist every week. I haaate the dentist.

Sorry to those of you who had bad eating weekends and cases of the Mondays! I hope your Tuesdays were better!

Turbo, I would just tell him you're making spinach and artichoke dip and leave out the word "light". lol. You could also make homemade pizzas... fun and healthy! I must say, it's so much easier to stay on track since my husband's been gone for these last 3 weeks!

Dianne, I am back into the 130s... 139.2! Thanks for asking. My summer/fall pants are still too tight, but I know I'll get there. I totally know what you mean about seeing a fat gain. It is depressing! Have you seen the models of 5 lbs of fat vs muscle? The picture of 5 lbs of fat is this big, yellow, gelatenous mass... I keep imagining that and thinking, "Yep! I have a couple of those distributed onto my body that weren't there this summer." Ugh!

Speaking of jobs... I have submitted my resume to two schools that have open teaching positions in my district. A principal called me the other day hoping to interview me the following morning for the kindergarten position. GREAT... except for the fact that we're still in Virginia preparing for our move and won't be in Florida for another two weeks (and won't be in our actual city until the first of March). I'll be missing out on that job opportunity, BUT it made me realize that I really need a nice interview suit... I'm on a budget though. There's a jacket that I love at White House Black Market, but there's no way I can spend that much on a piece of clothing! It seems like every jacket I buy looks super masculine. Any store suggestions that make affordable, feminine suit pieces?

I like the cut of this jacket, but what do you all think of grey for an interview? Would black look sharper? Would you pair it with a pencil skirt, or pants? Help!
    http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/bro...002%3Acat60072
    http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/bro...yId=cat2170006
  • Philiana - Congrats, congrats, congrats!! That is so exciting, you've been doing so well and it paid off.

Sammalamma - Welcome!

Dorian/Krampus - I had a terrible weekend too, so much carbs and meat and alcohol.
  • Turbomammoth - Thanks! I loved it, it was really nice It makes me feel good, even though the scale isn't budging.

Dianne - I aim for 1200-1400 but I've been eating more like 1500.

Krampus - I'm in the same spot kinda...I wasn't enjoying my career so I switched and went back to school and now I feel like everyone in my life has cool jobs and I don't..and it'll be 2 years til I'm done school. Hang in there!
  • Ohtheplaces where in fl?! I'm here in the sunshine state also. Lived here my whole life. I also have sisters who are teachers and live here as well!
  • Dianne, Jacksonville! I grew up in central Florida (Citrus county, near Ocala) but I moved to Jax in 2002 for college and I met my husband there the next year. Where are you located?
  • Hah I grew up outside of Orlando and I'm currently in Gainesville for school !
  • Quote:
    Turbo How on earth did you get your man to eat broccoli!? Was it loaded with oil/butter/herbs?? lol

LOL!!! It was cut in tiny little pieace and mixt with tons of other veggies he likes, in some macaroni wth low sodium Tamari sauce... At think in the end it was more about the ego though cause I said ''I'm not expecting you to eat them all''... In his head it went like CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! LOL

So many people from Florida here! Lucky you, guys! I want some hot weather.. we are having a crappy winter here, the rain is always ruining the snow

I'm having a good week with the food choices, except for the dessert. I baked something this weekend and we need to finish it (I want to make good choice but on the other hand I hate to spoiled food). At least, I eat okay during the day...

Have a good day everyone
  • Dianne: I am back to 1250/1350 again but at 1100 I did not feel hungry no. I eat when I am hungry but because my food is pretty balanced and few simple carbs it's easy to stay full. I did a few calculations online for my normal calorie range and with my inactive lifestyle it's between 1600-1700 on all the websites. I know if I go over 1400calories I barely lose any weight. Maybe slow metabolism?

I know what you mean about the 'fat' returning. With me it's just the flabby-feeling from not exercising for a few months. Damage I'm repairing as we speak. Hihi

LisaT: thank you! I am very glad it finally happened.

--
    I am spotting a pattern here.. The only difference between a 1100 calorie day and a 1300+ calorie day is the snacks. I eat pretty healthy and my meals all fall in the same calorie range. Just because I weigh my stuff so I won't go over it. I just accept the amount I end up with as my meal for that moment and I've never felt it was too little. I never feel really hungry either. So, when I eat extra it's because I either thought "well, have calories left" or "ah heck, I REALLY want something bad".

I did a 2mile run the other day and in a bit I am gonna go for a 2.5mile run. I am such a beginner but it feels so awesome to run longer than 10mins. Hihi. Got a heartrate monitor today also. Today starts the 90day exercise challenge over at the 20somethings. Exciting!
  • I had another bad day eating day yesterday -- you know those crappy hostess Valentine heart-shaped snack cakes that they practically slap you over the head with at the grocery store? I bought a box. I ate 2 packages, 300 each. Sheesh.

Actually, I'm amazed I didn't eat the whole box, I have a problem with cakes. The only reason I bought the damn things was cause I wanted snoballs. They didn't have any.

Then I ate hot dogs and drank beer at the hockey game.

I dread my weigh in on Friday!

Back on plan HARD today and tomorrow to get un-bloated.

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone. I hope everyone else is doing much better than I am!
  • Philiana - I'm the same over 1400 hundred I don't lose weight. I think maintainence for me is about 1600 as well. I've been eating 1600 which is probably why I'm not losing. I need to get down to 1200-1300 with you! I'm going to use you as motivation.

So I was back to 134..then I had a brutal weekend and I weighed in at 138 this morning!! I'm sure it's partially water weight, but it's enough to kick my butt in year. I'm going to sign up for the 24/7 gym near my house tonight and I'm planning on doing hot yoga as soon as my cast comes off.

Ps - I'm jealous of all of your down south! Turbo - I'm in Canada and it has been a really gross slushy winter.
  • Dorian - just saw your post!! I'm not!! Ugh, i'm in binge mode totally. I went to my parents house Monday night and they ordered pizza at 11pm! I ate two slices and a bread stick! Then we went for brunch the next day and I had eggs and bacon. Thankfully as soon as I even slow down my dad starts eating my food off my plate. My family has terrible eating habits.
  • Quote:
    Ps - I'm jealous of all of your down south! Turbo - I'm in Canada and it has been a really gross slushy winter.
    I'm in Canada too (Sherbrooke, 130 km south from Montréal), and I can't.stand.slushy.snow.ANYMORE! lol

Haven't been skiiing once yet. That sucks

Dorian : you might had a bad day, but put that being you and focus on the next on plan days you can do this!!

Philana : heartrate monitor are the best! and yay for increasing your distance
  • Dorian - haha, I do that sometimes. While ago I bought these rice-crispies for treats. Thought they'd be packed seperately but they werent. So I ended up eating the whole thing and feeling sick with headache and such for a day. UHG. Now I never binge on such stuff anymore. Might still eat a hotdog or chips for more calories worth than I should from time to time.. but cakes/cookies/candy just kill me if I overeat.

LisaT: If you want I can post a few more of my day-plans? If it helps let me know! I so badly wanna do yoga but there's no place close by to do it and I am too motorskill-disturbed to attempt it on my own. I don't understand my own body and how to move some parts and not move other parts. lol.

Turbo: Thanks! Sorry to hear about the snow though. Haha.

--
    I just went on my 2.5mile run in 27mins. Remember: a week ago I'd never gone further than run 8mins straight! It is the most awesome feeling in the world. It's winter here and freezing, but the sun was out so it was nice. The creeks are all frozen over and there's snow in the grass but the bikelanes are perfectly clean so it's a great run really. I think I am in love with running.

It's so weird, I remember when I first tried years ago and hated it. Then I tried again a year ago and still didn't like it. Then last summer I started on c25k, and it taught me that anybody can run. So I build it up to week 5. Then I had stuff going on but I picked up c25k 3 weeks ago and it went so smooth that I dropped out and just ran a 2mile on monday. It was AWESOME.

Seriously, I was the biggest running-hater you can imagine. And now I am just falling in love. hihi.
  • Wow, I wish I could run! My sister is a runner and it gives her such a high! But my knees can't take it >_<