Exercise Chair For Stomach Fat

• Hi Everyone,

I bought one of chairs you sit in and rock and forth. claims will reduce stomach fat. Just started diet two weeks ago and am extremely out of shape. Tired easy, bad knees, no energy. Do they work? Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. Tons of stomach fat...
  • I have never heard of those chairs but I hate to break it to you: the only thing that helps with a big belly (any fat actually) is lose weight. You can't spot train fat away. Exercise will help to build muscle and burn fat but you can't pick an area and work the fat away.
  • Like josey said, no such thing as spot reduction. Fat is lost through a reduced-calorie diet. And even then you can't choose where you lose from- the body decides that. (which is why I've gone from a C cup to a B cup and my saddlebags are still as curvy as ever! )

Good luck!
  • i've never heard of these things either and agree with above, but guess it's going to burn more calories than sitting in a regular chair, so since you've bought it, use it!!
  • I believe it called an AB Rocker. I know they are popular and claims to imitate sit ups if properly used. I bought because I cannot do sit ups anymore the real way. Have hard time getting on floor and back up.
  • I'm not familiar with it (but /agree above on there being no such thing as spot toning/fat loss) but it looks like there is an article right on the 3FC site that talks about the myths/facts relating to the ab rocker: http://www.3fatchicks.com/myths-and-...the-ab-rocker/

Bottom line: "This machine is great for an abdominal workout, but will not do anything for any other part of the body. If this machine is the only exercise machine that is being used, there most likely will not be a whole lot of results seen. If there are results, they will be very slow and they will not be much."
  • Quote: I'm not familiar with it (but /agree above on there being no such thing as spot toning/fat loss) but it looks like there is an article right on the 3FC site that talks about the myths/facts relating to the ab rocker: http://www.3fatchicks.com/myths-and-...the-ab-rocker/

Bottom line: "This machine is great for an abdominal workout, but will not do anything for any other part of the body. If this machine is the only exercise machine that is being used, there most likely will not be a whole lot of results seen. If there are results, they will be very slow and they will not be much."
    Thanks for link...