Approaching Onederland and Beyond. Come Join Us! We did it; you can too!

You're on Page 8 of 49
Go to
  • Momwanna - Congrats on another low! You're cruising along quickly - keep up the good work!

geaux - so glad you're feeling better! You sound like you have a very busy week. Great job getting back into the workout groove!

ItsMy - your parents sound like WONDERFUL people. I'm so glad you have such a supportive network surrounding you. I hope you enjoy the week with them and I'll be thinking of you on Saturday when you have to bid adieu. Congrats on another new low for you - I know I said this before, but I feel compelled to repeat myself - I am SOOOO impressed that you have maintained your progress over the last month. Despite your parents visiting and your family challenges, you STILL found a way to stay on plan and push through. You totally keep me going.

khumphrey - CONGRATULATIONS on entering ONEderland!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I bet you wore a smile on your face all day! Here's your celebratory party hat:
  • Well, I've made a decision.

It's important to me that I breastfeed my baby for at least another 2 months. Since I'm having so much trouble with my milk production (which I think is due to lack of carbs & calories), I decided to quit with the weight loss for now and just maintain. I will continue to exercise and eat healthy and hopefully that will be enough for me to maintain my current weight without any gain. Since I've been at a plateau for so long, maybe this will be what my body needs. When I start trying to lose again, I pray I enter Onderland with no problem!

I'll still lurk & read everyone's posts and check in here & there. Good luck to all!
  • I just got under 220 (just 219.5) so I thought I would join this thread. One under is on the horizon, but I will be happy to get into 2-0 land first.

I had a big set back with Canadian thanksgiving but I have been making a good effort this week and seeing results. Hoorah.
  • Dogdays - you are so sweet! I think it's funny you say I help keep you going, cause you help keep me going! LOL! I look at where you are on the scale and I want it, I want it so bad...and I see you still keeping on it, and it drives me What a terrific forum when we can all gain motivation from each other and feel like we get inspiration!!!

Shalyn - I hope you check in often during maintenance... would hate to not see you in this thread as much since you are so unbelievably close to Onederland. I do hope that refocusing your eating habits will help with your milk production though, totally love that you are doing the healthiest alternative for you child You are amazing, please don't lose sight of that while on break

huha - :welcome1: Great to have you Can I ask what method you are using to achieve your weight loss? I loved that I saw you are doing mini-goals to achieve I have done that since the start so my final number I wanted didn't look so daunting

Totally was slammed with stuff yesterday, so took as my fitness rest day (even though no rest was had, lol). Today after work I have a phone appointment with my nutritionist, so hoping traffic isn't too bad so I get there in time to receive it I have included more proteins as she asked me to and have really been working on getting my caloric intake up like she wanted too...and have lost a bit over 11 Lbs since we last spoke - when I can report all good things, I love to touch base with her I hope everyone has a FABULOUS day!!!!
  • Shalyn, I am about ready to quit myself. I either eat under my calories which affects my supply--or eat wayyyy over due to my binging habits. I have been feeling very isolated and lonely...and depressed. And when I have a bad scale day--I eat. When I have a good scale day, I overdo it, and my supply suffers. I REALLY need prayer. The scale said 192 again today...and I don't like that.

Congratulations to all of you. I am going to be checking in, but I'm just so disgusted with myself. I know if I completely stop--this behavior will go into worse results--so I just can't quit.

I just wonder why I can go from 217 to 188-and JUST STOP. like some stupid clock...or something.
  • Jen - I hate that you are so frustrated and wish I could help. There are no magical answers and you have the complication added of needing to be able to nurse too.... I think you are amazing with all you take on! The fact that you haven't gained has impressed me... you have stayed within a maintenance range to your 188 this whole time and haven't gained even when crap totally hit the fan and that's inspirational to me! This journey is to help you feel better about yourself, not make you beat yourself up hon... I wish you could see how awesome you are Prayer is one thing I CAN do to help and am happy to send some your way! I do hope others on here are better at advice than I am, and are able to lift you up.... but prayers are coming your way
  • MyTurn- Thanks so much. I do plan to check in often, even if I don't post.

Jen- I totally understand your frustration. It's so hard to find a happy medium for our situation. It was driving me insane and since stress affects milk supply (vicious cycle!) I made the decision to take a break from the loss and simply try to maintain. Perhaps you could do the same? How long do you plan to breastfeed? Whatever you do, don't quit! You've come to far. This is just another hurdle! I keep telling myself that I won't be breastfeeding forever so I will be able to begin losing again soon!

Since I made this decision 3 days ago I am back up to 205 but my milk supply had definitely improved!

I'll be around!
  • i plan on breastfeeding--having a supply until he is 18 months--maybe 2 years old. I am NOT going to give up on either weight loss OR breastfeeding.

myturn, thanks for the encouragement, that means alot from someone doing all that you do.

shalyn, I think maintenance after a huge loss is a good idea, then you when you feel better about it, get back to the losing.
  • Morning all.. A quick drive-by post here then I'll check back in later...

W2D2 is in the books although I really really could have talked myself out of it today. (Woke up and it's 40º here; could have stayed snuggled up in bed easily) But thanks to my hubby and with some convincing I got it done and I feel much better! Been in an exercise funk all week and just about the only thing I have done was c25k.
  • GG, W2D2? what is that? Good job getting up. You are stronger than I am!

well, I ate whatever I felt like yesterday, today I am going to do an IF day to see what happens.
  • Week 2, Day 2 of the Couch to 5K program.
  • Thanks for the welcome ItsMyTurn.

For my methods, exercise is key for me. I like to run and I feel good once I get going but I don't always have the umph to get going (I am at home with the kids and that gets tiring/the weather is lousy/excuses come easy). If I run, I can't eat lousy because the yuck-burps would drive me crazy. My diet is quite clean. I have not eaten any fried foods for a month (even before I did not eat them often) and I mostly eat whole foods. So recently I have been reducing my calories by minimizing my breakfast intake and making sure that I go running lots of time in the week.

I am also a breastfeeding mom of a 1 year old. When he was a baby he reacted quite horrendously to poor choices in my diet. I gave up chocolate, dairy, carbonated drinks (that I was turning to to deal with a crying newborn)... so I have him to thank for a healthy diet .

I think you can bf and lose weight at the same time. Breastfeeding takes priority for me. A baby's lifelong health is greatly influenced by being breastfed - I make it a priority to have my children not struggle with their weight/health like I have. I tried losing weight when my son was younger and he became finicky so I just relaxed about my weight loss. I have been overweight so long waiting until my boy was older seemed the most reasonable to me. Everybody will find their balance.
  • shalyn - best of luck to you with your maintenance plan. I'm so glad you're planning to stick around and chat with us. Just being aware of what you're putting in your body every day will help you get back in the weight loss groove when it's the right time for you and your baby.

Huha - WELCOME!!!! So glad you decided to jump in and join us!! Congrats on your entry into the 2-teens.

jen - I hope your IFing is going well today and that you see the rewards on the scale soon. I hope you're able to find a balance between your weight loss goals and your milk supply.

ItsMy - Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad I'm able to inspire you too. I hope your nutritionist appointment went well...I bet you were excited to tell her your ONEderful news, LOL!!

geaux - great job with your c25k progress! Glad your DH was able to keep you motivated...some days are just HARD.

AFM - same ole, same ole...staying on plan and the scale is still moving (albeit a little more stubbornly than normal, but I've been fighting off congestion, so I think I may be retaining because of that). Work has been very busy as I try to wind down toward my time off next week and my trip to the Grand Canyon/Vegas - it feels like I have more work than available time to get it all done.
  • Jen - You are so sweet! You thanked me for my encouragement and I don't feel like I am very good at it, It is a long standing understanding in my house/family that my Mother and DH are the "nurturers" and excel at the hand-holding, encouraging, uplifting....and Dad and I are the "fix it" people and excel at logistic problem solving, thinking on how to fix a situation, and "do" stuff.....we offer support to those important to us, just in a different way then most folks (doesn't mean we care less... matter of fact, it stresses us out when we CAN'T fix stuff for others). How did the IF go? The last I heard from you, you were going to try that and see how it worked and how you felt.

Shalyn - Keep your awareness fresh of all you do for nutrition/fitness and you will find your balance. Just cause you went up a couple pounds does not mean you have to gain to be having good production - what it does mean is that something was missing when you were on the "losing" train that is needed for your production. You will figure it out, certainly is never an exact science Don't forget to say "hey" once in awhile too Always so nice to see ya!

geauxgirl - I am so glad you were able to motivate even when you didn't feel up to it! That is beyond awesome! It is so easy to come up with excuses to not do things... it's harder to actually just do them

Huha - Having a clean diet and upping the exercise is definitely a method I relate to I had nursed all 3 of my kids and agree that it is possible lose weight while doing it. It has been so long ago though, that I am not a good resource for information as I have forgotten most of what I learned then, lol. But then again, it's been a lot of years - my oldest is turning 18 this December :O

dogdays - The nutritionist appointment went great She was so happy to hear that I incorporated the added protein on my strength training days, also happy to hear that my average caloric intake has increased to 1150-1250 (when I started with her, I struggled to raise the calories and averaged 800-900.... a huge contributor to the slower metabolic rate and swiftness of weight gain).... and also managed to add more fruit to the daily intake (all the of the things she had me do)!!!! So she says I am now doing everything right and she will check in with me in December now No more "lectures"/educational material being sent to my email after we hang up Woohoo!

As for me: Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. I have been so busy that I only post on a couple boards a day right now, so had to put them all in a line It's been crazy busy, but still been OP totally (other than lacking sleep, which could effect me a bit) and keeping moving forward. Did strength training Tues, elliptical last night on the "fat burner" setting for lower body and then kept going when workout was "done"... think I had a bit of an adrenaline rush, The next few days until we take my parents to the airport are booked solid with things going on, barely time to breathe... but I should be back more regular next week (hopefully) Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!
  • I weighed myself tonight after I ate, which was a mistake, it said 210...pretty depressing. I feel so bloated. I'm definitely producing more milk tho, I can feel it. The baby is sleeping better at night and I'm pretty sure it's because he's getting more carbs thru my milk. So weird how this all works and everything affects...everything!

Hope everyone is well!

(I'm leaving 202 on my ticker so that I can remind myself that it is possible!)