Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #91  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

Just checking in quickly to tell...

Jen- my pediatrician recommended Fenugreek, an herbal supplement that helps with breast milk. I went to the health food store and got some right away. Took 1 pill at 2:30, by 6:30 I felt a difference! The baby ate for 20 minutes nonstop which was great because before, he would usually get mad at how little was coming out.

MyTurn- I've tried regular milk formula, 2 different brands of soy and Nutramagin with no success. He also spits up juice, baby food and rice cereal. His tummy only wants the boobie!

dogdays- Yay for 50 lbs gone!!

I weighed in at an even 202 this morning which is a new low for me. Not sure how I did that with what I've been eating lately!

Last edited by shalyn; 10-13-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Yay, yay it's Friday and I so like what I weigh! 1.2 pounds down this morning making my weight 160.2 with a total loss of 10.6 pounds!!! My first 10 gone. I can't wait to be in the 150's although my next big goal is to be under 70 kigs (153 pounds). Haven't seen 60-something kilograms for a long time. HOpe everyone has a fantastic day!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Dogdaysofdiets, Awesome job! Congratulations!

Jen, adding my new updated photo in my siggy. Awesome, I can't wait to see the 80's. I still can't believe I am in the 90's. Someone pinch me. LOL

Itsmyturn, Thanks, luckily I finished everything I needed that night. Sounds like all of you had a blast! That is awesome!

momwannabe, happy to hear the honey did the trick. Hope TOM eases up on you. GREAT job, you will see the 50's in no time.

Shalyn, woohoo! Congrats!

As for me, I am doing ok. Caught an allergy cold. Of all days, it came when I left work, so I took some meds and went to sleep. Bad time to happen. LOL Hopefully, I caught it in time.

We leave today. Everything is packed and ready to go. I hope everyone has a great week/weekend. I will post when I can w/pics. Have a good day!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

jen - glad you're still enjoying the 180s and they're here to stay! Way to go!

ItsMy - Rawhide City sounds like so much fun! We don't have anything like that where I live. Glad you're enjoying your new wheels - and the improved gas mileage! I noticed the new low on your ticker - great job!!! You're cruising toward the 180s.

momwanna - Congrats on your new low today!!! I'm impressed that, despite TOM, you still dropped weight. I can only wish, LOL! You'll be in the 150s in no time!

shalyn - CONGRATS on your new low!! 2 pounds...almost there!! Glad to hear your body responded so well to the herbal supplement. I bet your little man was a happy guy!

Transforming - Love your updated photo. What a BIG difference!! You're losing very uniformly all over, but your face has really changed from your last pic to this most recent one. Love the new haircut too - very flattering on you! I hope you have a FABULOUS trip!!!!! Say 'hi' to Castaway Cay for me, LOL! Love that place! Hope your allergies clear up - no fun!

AFM - still whooshing. Down to 166.4 this morning. My body is so strange. I have a very distinct scale pattern that is emerging (or that I'm just now noticing)...retain for 10-12 days surrounding ovulation and then whoosh right before TOM starts...then retain for about 5 days during TOM...then whoosh again for another 10-12 days before ovulation starts. I think I'm losing consistently all month long, but it doesn't translate on the scale when my body is retaining fluid, so it looks like I have these HUGE losses of a half pound or more/day and right now it looks like I'm blowing through the 160s quickly but I really think it was weight I lost evenly throughout the month - just didn't get credit for it on the scale. Very strange but I'm still losing so I'm not going to look a gift horse in the face.

Any fun weekend plans?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Good morning and Happy Friday everyone!

Momwanna - Congrats! You are on your way!

Dogdays - You are still losing though! The scale will cooperate soon I just know it! We are going to look at a college for DD this weekend. We went and visited our local community college on Wednesday and that is likely where she will start next year, but tomorrow we'll be going to SLU to check that out for her final 2 years. It's only about a 45 minute commute so it won't be too bad for her to drive when the time comes.

Transforming - WOW your newest photo is stunning to see the differences! I'm so happy! and a little jealous too. hehe but seriously I hope you guys have a magical trip! You deserve it! I can't wait to go back to WDW at a much much lower weight than I have been in the last 10 years! We're tossing around the idea of going in May. Haven't settled on it yet though.

ItsMy - that Rawhide does sound like fun! I wish we had something like that around here!

Jendiet - Grats on being in those 180s solidly!

Today is the first day in a week I feel halfway normal. Now just ready to get back to exercising again. I may go for a walk this morning before work. I don't want to get too sweaty but that shouldn't be a problem since we had a cool front come thru yesterday. Oh and I'm down to 221.8 today so that weight actually stuck! Not gonna complain! 220 better watch out next week though! I'm comin after ya!

Got a pretty busy weekend ahead of me though. Tonight hoping to work on a little Christmas shopping and need to get a birthday/retirement gift for my aunt. Then tomorrow the fam and I are going to check out another college for DD. Sunday is when I need to get caught up on this house. Amazing how fast it gets messy when mom has been sick
Old 10-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

my glee was short lived, because I ate a bunch of crap yesterday, I went out again, and it always translates into eating junk I shouldn't and seeing a bad result on the scale.

I feel behind on everything.

At least, I started giving the lo some tylenol/advil and he is eating good again. I swear by oatmeal. I also had tea with fenugreek in it which I need to order some more--Thanks for reminding me Shalyn and congrats on your new low.

momwb, you will be there in no time, then are you going to try for a baby?

dogdays, got to love the whooshes. I long for one again. I am going to cut out the partying--and see if that helps.

transforming, I do love the cut. It is so cute.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:54 AM   #97  

Good morning everyone!

Shalyn: So glad you found something to help. There are such good natural things out there. Luckily I have a good friend who's a homeopath and a GP. If I ever get pregnant she reckons we're having coffee (um...herbal tea?) every week so she can check on me.

Transforming: you look so preeeeety.

Dogsday: Amazing weight loss! You must be looking totally skinny!

GG: Glad you're starting to feel halfway normal again. Don't overdue the exercise until that heart is strong.

Jen: It's a new day. Back up and at em, girl. I'd love a baby, but there's that little issue of finding a man, first. Part of what prompted this journey....ok, let's be honest, it was all of what prompted this journey!....was that this guy I dated told me the reason I'm single is because of my weight. I booted his *** right out of there, but it did get me thinking and got MY *** to the gym.

And I lost again this morning which means: Goodbye 60's! 159.7! And a total of 5kgs. I also did a gym session where I burnt the most calories I ever have yesterday. And tomorrow this lovely lady at the gym is going to show me how to use the tummy machines. I've been doing sit up's just on the mat, but hopefully I'll be able to get rid of this flab at some point!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #98  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Shalyn - I should have figured you had already tried it... was hoping maybe you hadn't thought on that and it would work for ya though, lol. Congrats on the new low!!!!! You are SOOOOOO close to Onederland girl!!!! Wow! I can't wait to throw your onederland partay!

momwannabe - That's amazing weight loss! Super job! Especially during TOM!!! You are doing incredibly!!!!

Transforming - I hope the cold leaves you alone so you can just enjoy Your newest picture sure does show a huge narrowing all over for you! Amazing!

dogdays - Great job on the loss!!! I think it's great if you are able to see the pattern that forms with the scale - and that sounds similar to me except I wouldn't categorize mine as "whoosh", just... "not blocking my weight loss", I think when we figure out our patterns though, it helps us not get so frustrated and aids us in seeing how our overall numbers are going in the right direction

geauxgirl - Congrats on seeing the scale move! Super job!!! Wow, Christmas shopping already?

Jen - hang in there! You are doing so wonderful, that a bad day here and there isn't enough to take ya down I am sooo glad your lil one is feeling better!!! Hopefully that will help you so you feel caught back up with stuff that fell behind. You are such a good mommy, always putting the first attention to LO

AFM - Did my weekly weigh in today and down 1.4Lbs... 194 as of today. This morning my 2 oldest kids have PSATs to take, then I am making us all a Shepherd's pie for lunch, then we are all off to the fair. We will be doing a TON of walking and staying late to see Trace Atkins perform tonight cause my father is a country fan. I don't have a ton of time with my folks and I want to suck every second I can from this visit Hope everyone else has a super weekend too!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:03 AM   #99  

It'smyturn: Also went to a fair yesterday. I managed to get sunburnt, even though it was actually quite cold. Me and sun don't mix! The one I went to had a snow slide!

Ok, so another .8 down this morning making the total 11.9 pounds. But going to let the lady at gym show me the tummy machines today to see if I can get rid of this jelly belly. Wish me luck - I'm sooooo scared! My stomach muscles are pathetic!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #100  

Shalyn - Grats on the new low! You are knocking on ONEderland's door!

ItsMy - Hope you had a great time at the fair and at the concert! Enjoy that time with your folks!

Momwanna - you are just trucking right along! You are doing so great! Sorry about the sunburn! Use some aloe to soothe the burn. I got a bit of a burn last weekend as well.

Jendiet - sorry about the bad day but today is a brand new day! I also swear by oatmeal too. It's so yummy and filling! I usually rotate between that and Special K for breakfast every other morning.

AFM... Finally hit the pavement this morning for the first time in a week and it definitely felt good. I did w2d1 on C25K. Felt good to be back and I don't feel like I over did anything. I'm hoping to actually make it as far as the gym this coming week even with the busy busy schedule. Tues and Thurs Devyn (dd) has both bowling team tryouts and Confirmation practice and actual Confirmation on Thursday night. But I've scheduled my next walk/run with c25k on those mornings before work. As long as weather permits I"ll at least be able to get my exercise in with that each of those mornings and hit the gym M, W and F.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #101  

I think the fitness trainer at the gym might kill me!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #102  
~Star~

momwannabe - That's funny, I can't imagine a snow slide! I am in Arizona and it was 100 degrees out when we initially went to the fair, so rides to keep cool with the wind and lots of shade where ever we could find it It was a BLAST though! I also fit a funnel cake into my calories cause I have looked forward to that The concert was fun too and it was a FULL day! I was so thankful I was able to take a week off this time around with my folks coming down... definitely have to try and make that happen again
So how was your trainer? I have to assume you got pushed a bit with that comment you left, LOL!

geauxgirl - Great job getting out there and running again! You should be so proud of the progress you are making! How awesome!!!

AFM - Burned over 1000 calories yesterday, and today have already gotten out for my walk to start the day I am totally on target and still able to have time with the family! I have less than a week left with my parents here, they are flying out super early this coming Saturday, so they will be my focus (other than work) this week... will hope to fit in the fitness as well, but not going to beat myself up if it lacks a bit. Hope you all have a super Sunday!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #103  

ItsMy - Great job on getting that exercise in even with family in town! I know in the past I've always struggled with that! I admire your dedication! You're doing great! And omg funnel cake is soooo yummy! I was able to squeeze in a scoop of ice cream yesterday and stay within my range and I felt on top of the world.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #104  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

Height: 5'6

Really happy as of Friday Oct. 14 I am in Onederland. I weighed myself this morning and I am still there. Thank You everyone for your great words of encouragement.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #105  
~Star~

geauxgirl - Thank you Fortunately my parents are very supportive of my endeavour, my father was actually the one that sent me the money for the gym that I have in my house now And my mother has been on the weight loss wagon with me.... so all around supportive... then dad gave mom and I both money to go shopping to get clothes that fit - cause we looked like we were swimming in our clothes They are my best friends as well as my parents, so we all back each other on things that interest us...mom and I are each other's confidante... and dad and I work together for logistic problem solving. I really really miss them when they leave! Great job on treating yourself to the scoop of ice cream! I am lactose intolerant, so that has been a huge no-no to me... but a mere trip to Dairy Queen sounds like a dream

khumphrey - Super job hitting Onederland!!!! !!!! That's HUGE!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!
Closed Thread