Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 9/12 - 9/18

You're on Page 6 of 21
Go to
  • I have taken studio cycling (spinning) only once and I didn't like it much. Today, I really had no choice as the class I wanted to take was full, so I signed of for studio cycling.

Boy, what difference this class was. First of all, I had bike shorts - no more ouchie nether regions. Second, they had computerized bikes so you were better able to adjust and know what you were doing. And thirdly, a better instructor - a LOT better. So, it was good. Still not my favorite class in the whole world, but I would put it up there with about Zumba with my favorite being bodystep and bodypump.

ETA: OK, it is really, really motivating to see how close I am to the end 'main' goal. Not sure how long it will take me to lose 11 more pounds as the weight loss is slowing down, but I can see how far that turtle has traveled! I love these tickers!
  • TOM is here--ruining my day!

So, at least 3 times since April, I have had a dream about being at a party. 3 different parties with different sets of friends I know. But they have all had one common denominator--we are eating Italian Creme' Cake!!!

They are typically around TOM.

Last night, I had a dream where I was at a wedding party, without the wedding and the hostess served the most wonderful Italian Creme' Cake.

I woke up in complete HUNGER and CRAVINGS for cake.
    I drove to my local market, 2 of them actually, in search for this cake and settled for coconut instead.

Breakfast Today: 1.5 slices of it 885 cals, 108 carbs, 6 protein, and 48 grams of FAT! (approximate numbers from Livestrong)

Totally NOT worth it!

I hate these dreams!
  • Sum and Berry, don't know about the yogurt in the morning, I think I will try things until something feels right. This morning I decided to have a banana wrapped in a pc. of toast, and felt nauseous for a good while. So probably too many carbs or too much sweet for me. Tomorrow I will try the banana with peanut butter and see how that settles. I will probably work my way around all of the suggestions eventually and see what works, so thanks for those too! I wasn't able to run to see how the extra fuel felt because the vet was able to see my cat right away, but I did get my walk in. May run later today yet after my "real" breakfast settles. The good news is I am not hungry right now! I probably shouldn't judge anything on this week because I am a week out from ovulation and sometimes I get nausea during that this time of month, yay me.
    Berry, I was just noticing today that you are closing in on your initial goal quickly! You must be so excited!!!
    K9, Step away from the cake!!!! You've worked too hard to waste it on cake that isn't worth it.
    Zoodoo, happy 6 month anniversary!!!
    Mamakat, cereal will only make you feel icky at this point!
    MsMediator,
  • Jomatho I won't eat cereal...I'm a good girl I used to get nauseated too the week before TOM which sucked b/c trying to get pregnant and then getting nauseated made for a roller coaster of a ride. Every month I thought "this is it" and it wasn't...I'm sooo glad that's all done with! Sorry I had to do happy dance for myself. Glad you got your walk in. I too tried a banana for energy alas it did not work.

I got in 30 mins of biking and 23 push ups. Yay me, I can lift myself up 23 times...

Krystal dang it, now I want cake. Man, I couldn't imagine what I'd be like if I dreamed about it. I wouldn't ever wake up Don't do it girl friend
  • Hey there, sorry to have disappeared on you.

Recent trip to the Doctor wasn't good. Before she told me she was moving and I would be getting a new Doctor she informed me that I have type II diabetes. Another pill to add to my daily regime, stick my finger everyday. Wonderful....... My whole medical journey over the last 2 years has been nuts. Hopefully my Thyroid is under control now. Started out taking 25mcg of Levothyroxine and now we are up to 125 mcg. , that's quite a jump. One thing I am grateful for though is I went through menopause at a very young age. 42......so I don't have to worry about the TOM thing with water weight etc. I hear you guys mention it all the time and I am so glad I don't have to deal with it.

My eating has just been nuts. Haven't been able to do anything right. So I have decided to attempt low carb eating again. Keeping a close eye on the fats. I just cannot do this low calorie low fat thing. I just can't. So I drug out all my Atkins info and figured up a grocery list with several recipes. Went to the grocery store just a bit ago, and tomorrow morning I will begin anew. I know I should start now, right?
  • Ladies and Larry,

I am going to go on Southbeach diet. Anyone wants to join me and be accountable?
  • Here is my mealplan for the next three days. I will eat same breakfast, lunch and snack and vary dinners. -- Reason why I will eat same the same three days; recipes are hard to make for one portion.

BFAST:
    -- 2 x Sausage and cheese cups 140 cal
    SNACK 1
    -- Lettuce wrap w/shrimp 80 cal
    LUNCH
    -- Indian Tomato Soup 122 cal
    SNACK 2
    -- California Wrap 140 cal
    DINNER
    -- Day 1 -- Steak Au Poivre 204 cal
    -- Day 2 -- Five Spice Salmon Steak 251 cal
    -- Day 3 -- Spice Rubbed Chicken 248 cal

SIDE DINNER DISH
    -- Cheesy Baked Artichokes 110 cal
    -- Salad 60 cal + dressing 100 cal

DESSERT
    -- Chilled Espresso Custard 110 cal

Total is around 1200 cal per day
  • Sum You must be feeling better!
  • Larry - So sorry to hear of your hospital stay and all the heart issues. I sure do hope the new med doses help! I will keep fingers crossed for you and good thoughts heading your way!

Nanna - Sorry to hear of your appt going as it did. My son has had to prick his finger for years... plus has growth hormone shots nightly, and his testosterone injections into his muscle has just been increased from once a month to once a week.... he would be sooo able to sympathize with the misery. I sure hope you are able to keep those numbers stable!

Congrats to those who have losses (sorry, but near 4 pages since I last caught up... can't do personals for all that, lol). Also, I want to thank you all for the cheers! Official weigh in was today, but have decided that I will weigh tomorrow just to insure accuracy... apparently I was giving myself food poisoning without realizing it...don't laugh, it's possible, LOL!!!! Now that we all figured it out, I am starting to return to normal a bit now...and should be full force again in a matter of a few days - but today's weight is likely influenced with water weight... so just want to make sure. I am missing Onederland by the skin of my teeth!
  • I am Thanks Berry.

I went and purchased all needed items. I have the breakfast cups in the oven. About to make the soup.... I will try to precook all I can tonight and put them in fridge in portion sizes...call me @nal
  • I'm just starting out! First weigh-in! 213 today, hopefully less next week >.< I'm cutting calories as much as I healthily can, and I'm working out every day. Running is really hard for me because I'm so out of shape. It's majorly painful!
  • Quote: Hey there, sorry to have disappeared on you.

Recent trip to the Doctor wasn't good. Before she told me she was moving and I would be getting a new Doctor she informed me that I have type II diabetes. Another pill to add to my daily regime, stick my finger everyday. Wonderful....... My whole medical journey over the last 2 years has been nuts. Hopefully my Thyroid is under control now. Started out taking 25mcg of Levothyroxine and now we are up to 125 mcg. , that's quite a jump. One thing I am grateful for though is I went through menopause at a very young age. 42......so I don't have to worry about the TOM thing with water weight etc. I hear you guys mention it all the time and I am so glad I don't have to deal with it.

My eating has just been nuts. Haven't been able to do anything right. So I have decided to attempt low carb eating again. Keeping a close eye on the fats. I just cannot do this low calorie low fat thing. I just can't. So I drug out all my Atkins info and figured up a grocery list with several recipes. Went to the grocery store just a bit ago, and tomorrow morning I will begin anew. I know I should start now, right?
    Nanna - Just the winter I had hypothyroidism, high bp, high cholesterol and tested in the range of Diabetes II. They got my thyroid under control, I ate lower carb (net under 100 and gave up rice, bread, pasta, sugar, potatoes, etc) but keep in fruits and whatever veggies I want and I try to get my fats from olive oils, nuts and such - things that don't tend to clog arteries.

And... in 5 months my BP was back to normal, my cholesterol was back to normal and my blood sugars were back to normal with fasting and with the A1C test - all done by diet and exercise and fixing my thyroid. So, the only medication I take is thyroid meds.

More and more research on Diabetes suggests that low carbing is the better approach because it doesn't spike blood sugars. I don't even have to do the frequent meal thing - that's just important if you are taking meds and have to worry about spikes. And, whenever I do eat something with carbs, I always pair it with protein (ie. everyday almost I ate an apple with cinnamon and peanut butter). Oh, cinnamon - studies have shown it lowers blood sugars too.
  • It seems I have been overweight all my life. starting as a very young teen and it has just progressed through the years.
    Now as an adult, I take 2 pills for ^ blood pressure , thyroid pill, potassium, lasix, metmorfin and an aspirin in the morning. More lasix in the afternoon, and then blood pressure and cholesterol meds at night. But I don't have high cholesterol.... All my Docs doings when I had that stroke a few years ago. I have never had ^ cholesterol. So I don't get it. And how could they say the stroke was caused by my ^ fat diet. It was a blood clot that caused my stroke. But I am going to be more careful this time. Watch the red meat. Just have that occassionally. I have done this before and had great success. So I know I can do it again.
  • I feel so accomplished! -- I made breakfast cakes, Indian lunch soup, shrimp snacks and artichoke side dish for the next 3-4 days!

Kitchen is a disaster...lol
  • Hello Everyone,

Well I made it through the day without a nap, well it wasn't like I didn't try I swear I laid around for 2-3 hours trying to fall asleep. I also drove extremely fast and wreckless while out today, which means...mania. I'm gonna be super mad if I can't fall asleep tonight.

I took DD out to buy shoes (second time for school shoes) and after 4 stores, still no shoes. Ugh, I hate shoe shopping with her. On the plus side, I got a new yoga mat that extra padded (great for push ups ) and I did a heck of a lot more walking than planned. This is good b/c I ate an entire small pizza (with the works) all by myself (minus the crust of course). One meal a day and boy was it a calorie filled meal

Nanna good to see you back. It seems a lot of us are taking meds for thyroidism. I have Hashimoto's and take Levoxyl. I wish that exercise and diet would get me off of all my meds but thats not gonna happen so I'll just keep chugging away. I hope the best for you on your low carbing, it's a hard diet but it really does work

Sum I'm glad you're feeling better South Beach is low carb, right?

ItsMyTurn I can totally believe slowly poisoning by food. I'm amazed haven't done that to my family myself I stink at cooking and even worse I usually don't know when somethings gone bad. Glad you are feeling better...biting my nails for your Onderland

Bethedee I tried to run a few weeks back with my DS, I lasted maybe 30 seconds.

Well I'm off. I hope you all have a wonderful night. Take care!