got some great news this morning!

• Remember I'd said that i was FINALLY losing weight, and I didn't care if it was 1/2 a pound a week??

well - it's been more like TWO pounds a week since I stopped the caffeine - I'VE LOST 30 POUNDS!!! and THIS is the reason I'd had surgery. I knew that it would be a struggle, but the surgery offered me the best chance to lose the weight, and if i gained any, i'd be able to lose it if i followed the rules.

AND IT WORKS!!!!

so, I've lost almost half of my re-gain, and i have more hope that i'll be able to lose the rest - no matter how slowly!!!

whew!!!!
  • You're progress has been phenomenal!!! Congratulations. Keep that fire and motivation. It does work when you follow the rules (as tough as they may be sometimes ). Keep up the great work!
  • Congrats! I do not know if I can give up my coffee in the morning though. I am so impressed you have done it.
  • CONGRATULATIONS!

• Good on ya, Jiff!! xoxoxoxoxo
  • Congrats! Caffeine, huh? I don't drink soda anymore but I don't know if I could give up my coffee!
  • WOW!

You are Definitely Doing Great!

Awesome weight loss and I LOVE your attitude.
    Good for you!

• Disney and Jazz join me in congratulating you. I sure hope we can still be friends after your giving up coffee!!!
  • awww shucks folks. thank you!!!! and i didn't give up coffee - because i've never been a coffee drinker!!! nope - i'm a tea drinker. as in that's pretty much the only source of liquid i have during the day. all caffeine, all the time.

i stopped drinking tea BY ACCIDENT. I NEVER intended to stop, but when it got so blasted hot around here, i started drinking SF lemonade and stuff like that. Never thought for a SECOND that it would have affected my atrial fibrillation.

but after a couple of days, i noticed that my heart rate didn't increase QUITE as much when i walked, and that i could walk a few steps farther. and so i continued with the NO CAFFEINE tea [trust me, NOT my first choice!]

and here I am!!! 30 pounds lighter because i can move more!!!!! who knew??? go know!!!! oy vey!!!!

and Ruth - you, Disney, and Jazz will ALWAYS be my friends!!!
  • Congratulations, Jiffy! You're an amazing woman!

And I know that with or without caffeine, you are just as sweet as ever.
  • Oh wow, Jiffy. I never would have made the connection with tea and weight loss. I'll definitely keep that in mind, as tea is my drug of choice.
  • Jen - I'm not sure that it's the tea per se - as i lost the 280 pounds as a tea drinker. But the sad fact is that i was getting a larger load of caffeine than my heart could handle - and the heart wasn't beating right [still isn't, but that's another story - and a specialty cardiologist to deal with it].

And when my heart rhythm isn't right, i retain lots of water [apparently] or it affects my metabolism. I guess that makes sense, but I don't know the mechanism or anything like that.

all i know is that i'm grateful!!! oh so grateful!!!!
  • Try green tea after every meal . That will control hunger.