New to Ideal Protein

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Congrats Martha! I had my WI 4 yesterday and lost 2.6 pounds so I am pretty happy with the results too! Funny thing is though I only lost .5 inch in my chest and no where else and my body fat percentage didn't change so even my doctor is kind of confused how I managed that one...but oh well, a loss is a loss

• Hi Everyone. I'm also new to IP. I started IP on 08/17/2011. I've stayed OP but I have definitely had some ups and downs (moody, tired, and cravings). My first week I lost 7 pounds. I had my second WI today and lost 3 pounds. I exercised yesterday for the first time since I started and I was soooo tired....I ended up having a nap-then just laid around for the rest of the day and complained when I had to drag my body out of my chair. I hope this is not what it is going to be like each time I exercise. I used to exercise 3-4 times per week prior to IP and did not feel as tired. Maybe I need to build up my endurance again. Thank you to all for your threads and encouragement. This is definitely a test of our Will and discipline.
  • Quote: Congrats Martha! I had my WI 4 yesterday and lost 2.6 pounds so I am pretty happy with the results too! Funny thing is though I only lost .5 inch in my chest and no where else and my body fat percentage didn't change so even my doctor is kind of confused how I managed that one...but oh well, a loss is a loss

Awesome job at the weight loss. Sometimes I only lose .5inches and I tell them to keep it til next week...hahaha

Quote: Hi Everyone. I'm also new to IP. I started IP on 08/17/2011. I've stayed OP but I have definitely had some ups and downs (moody, tired, and cravings). My first week I lost 7 pounds. I had my second WI today and lost 3 pounds. I exercised yesterday for the first time since I started and I was soooo tired....I ended up having a nap-then just laid around for the rest of the day and complained when I had to drag my body out of my chair. I hope this is not what it is going to be like each time I exercise. I used to exercise 3-4 times per week prior to IP and did not feel as tired. Maybe I need to build up my endurance again. Thank you to all for your threads and encouragement. This is definitely a test of our Will and discipline.
    A lot of the posters that we have that exercise add an extra packet to their day to get more energy. You might try that, everyone that does add a packet says it makes a difference
  • Third WI
    my third WI and down 16lds ....this diet is amzing
  • Quote: my third WI and down 16lds ....this diet is amzing
    Great job!!...keep it up!
  • A lot of the posters that we have that exercise add an extra packet to their day to get more energy. You might try that, everyone that does add a packet says it makes a difference [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, Wuv! I get scared of having extra packets because I'm so focused on sticking to the plan... However, if that is what helps me have more energy after I exercise that is what I've go to do. Stay strong everyone! Happy long weekend!!
  • Quote: A lot of the posters that we have that exercise add an extra packet to their day to get more energy. You might try that, everyone that does add a packet says it makes a difference
    Thanks for the advice, Wuv! I get scared of having extra packets because I'm so focused on sticking to the plan... However, if that is what helps me have more energy after I exercise that is what I've go to do. Stay strong everyone! Happy long weekend!![/QUOTE]

There is a thread all about exercising I bumped it for you. Maybe there is something else I missed.
  • It really helps me being a "newbie" on the plan to read these forums and get advice from others! Sometimes this is the motivation some of us need

• Long week
    My first week weighin I was down 6 leb and lost 11 inches. I have my second weigh in on Tue. after Labor Day. Very nervous. I did fine with the food portion, it was the Diet Coke. I think I had three this week. Two were caffeine free diet coke. Thoughts anyone!!!!!

I'm also try to find the receipe section
  • Went to the grocery store today and stocked up on everything I need for recipes this week, and Tuesday is my first day!!! I've been counting down the days all summer, and I have been really looking forward to getting started. Im feeling alot of anxiety about it... alot... but staying focused.
  • Hazards of skipping meals?
    Not a problem I ever thought I'd have only on day 10. Lost 5.4 pds week 1. This weekend scurrying to get meals in and came home at 9:30 tonight still not having had dinner.

When this happens should I have the meal before bed (bedtime 10:30 - only an hour away). Should I skip it entirely or maybe just have a protein shake instead of real food.

What do you think? What do the experienced IP weight losers say?

Thanks,
    Corrie
  • Quote: My first week weighin I was down 6 leb and lost 11 inches. I have my second weigh in on Tue. after Labor Day. Very nervous. I did fine with the food portion, it was the Diet Coke. I think I had three this week. Two were caffeine free diet coke. Thoughts anyone!!!!!

I'm also try to find the receipe section
    The recipe section is in the sticky's section on the first page of the Daily chat there is a link. Good luck with your WI http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

Quote: Went to the grocery store today and stocked up on everything I need for recipes this week, and Tuesday is my first day!!! I've been counting down the days all summer, and I have been really looking forward to getting started. Im feeling alot of anxiety about it... alot... but staying focused.
    Stay focused, you will do fine on your WI.....Good luck!

Quote: Not a problem I ever thought I'd have only on day 10. Lost 5.4 pds week 1. This weekend scurrying to get meals in and came home at 9:30 tonight still not having had dinner.

When this happens should I have the meal before bed (bedtime 10:30 - only an hour away). Should I skip it entirely or maybe just have a protein shake instead of real food.

What do you think? What do the experienced IP weight losers say?

Thanks,
    Corrie
    I have had that happen a few times for me, I get distracted and then notice wow its 10pm and I haven't eaten dinner yet. I usually just have a drink/pudding packet at that time then have my snack around midnight. I know we are not suppose to eat past 8 but at least I get my protein in. I have just done it a few times in 19 weeks and have not seen a difference. I think you will be ok, just don't make it a habit.
  • So I was making my lunch , a spinach, mushroom omelet, and wondering why the egg packet wouldn't firm up . Then I realized I had used a chicken soup packet. It was really good. If you like creamed spinach.
  • Hi all,

So happy I found this forum. I am new to IP. Day 7 for me. I have done well, not cheater, EXCEPT for one day.
    I had 3 triscuits with cream cheese
    and 3 bites of cake.

I know, terrible.

But if that's it for a whole week, if you know me, it is a miracle.

but I havent weighted myself in 3 days and finally did this morning. The first couple of days, I went down 5 pounds, but now I am up .5. so that means I gained .5 pounds in 3 days cause of triscuits! is that really possible??!?!

someone help to keep me motivated, cause i am feeling really low right now.
  • Quote: Hi all,

So happy I found this forum. I am new to IP. Day 7 for me. I have done well, not cheater, EXCEPT for one day.
    I had 3 triscuits with cream cheese
    and 3 bites of cake.

I know, terrible.

But if that's it for a whole week, if you know me, it is a miracle.

but I havent weighted myself in 3 days and finally did this morning. The first couple of days, I went down 5 pounds, but now I am up .5. so that means I gained .5 pounds in 3 days cause of triscuits! is that really possible??!?!

someone help to keep me motivated, cause i am feeling really low right now.
    Well honestly, I don't think that did it. Have you been drinking your water?? You know what you ate and you know you have to "fix" it so drink lots of water and get to program 100%. You can do it!