Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #76  
fatmommynomore

Welcome!! You will love IP but you will especially love this board. I was on a pregnancy board and was so scared to post anything because those women were so hormonal and mean, lol. This board is not like that at all. I am on week 4 and down 14lbs. Everyone here has so many tips and are so helpful.
Changetoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #77  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changetoday View Post
Welcome!! You will love IP but you will especially love this board. I was on a pregnancy board and was so scared to post anything because those women were so hormonal and mean, lol. This board is not like that at all. I am on week 4 and down 14lbs. Everyone here has so many tips and are so helpful.
We are all going on the same journey so its easier to share tips and advise along with suggestions to make everyone's trip a little more eventful. You can never have too much of any of these. The more we share the more we can get closer to our final destination....GOAL!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #78  
Start date 08/26/2011

S/C/G: 194.6/182.8/142.0

Height: 5'2"

Default Why Cheating is Out Of The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DThieme View Post
Hi all,

So happy I found this forum. I am new to IP. Day 7 for me. I have done well, not cheater, EXCEPT for one day.
I had 3 triscuits with cream cheese
and 3 bites of cake.

I know, terrible.

But if that's it for a whole week, if you know me, it is a miracle.

but I havent weighted myself in 3 days and finally did this morning. The first couple of days, I went down 5 pounds, but now I am up .5. so that means I gained .5 pounds in 3 days cause of triscuits! is that really possible??!?!

someone help to keep me motivated, cause i am feeling really low right now.
I read a post back when I got started as to why cheating is Out Of The Question. It went into pretty good detail explaining how eating any carbs puts you out of ketosis and, therefore, you would have to adhere to IP for 3 days to get back on track.

If that's true then, yes, a few triscuits and 3 bites of cake could throw you off for the week.

Can't remember where that was posted. Is anyone else able to recall that and bring it to the forefront?
Corrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #79  
Start date 08/26/2011

Default Chocolate fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
akscutest, there are sugar-free chocolate syrups you can buy from Torani that you can put in your IP drinks or puddings or whatever. I use them.
Helps with the need for sweet things.
Mmm Hmm... Walden farms also has a sugar-free, fat-free chocolate sauce sold in many major grocery stores...
Old 09-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #80  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
I read a post back when I got started as to why cheating is Out Of The Question. It went into pretty good detail explaining how eating any carbs puts you out of ketosis and, therefore, you would have to adhere to IP for 3 days to get back on track.

If that's true then, yes, a few triscuits and 3 bites of cake could throw you off for the week.

Can't remember where that was posted. Is anyone else able to recall that and bring it to the forefront?
is this the thread you were talking about.....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #81  
Start date 08/26/2011

Default That's the one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
is this the thread you were talking about.....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html
It's a good one, too! Really not worth the 'cheat.'
Old 09-16-2011, 03:54 AM   #82  
alaskagirl

thank you everyone!
soooo... this is day 8 for me and I had a piece of sugar free chocolate how bad did i mess up???
akscutest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #83  

I am just posting a note to see if my signature page shows up. I havn'et figured out how to run this thing. My husband and I are starting this program together. :-)
flaminpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #84  

Question new to ideal protein

I have been doing a lot of reading on Ideal Protein for the past few weeks and have decided to start it on Monday. So many success stories are encouraging, however I am scared to death reading about the posts about hair loss
Dawnkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #85  

I have done a lot of ready on this site about IP and i am going to start on the 1st i am going to do the Alternative plan. My cousin has lost 111 pound on the IP program. I hope i have as good of results as he does.
swinsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #86  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminpixie View Post
I am just posting a note to see if my signature page shows up. I havn'et figured out how to run this thing. My husband and I are starting this program together. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnkim View Post
I have been doing a lot of reading on Ideal Protein for the past few weeks and have decided to start it on Monday. So many success stories are encouraging, however I am scared to death reading about the posts about hair loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinsell View Post
I have done a lot of ready on this site about IP and i am going to start on the 1st i am going to do the Alternative plan. My cousin has lost 111 pound on the IP program. I hope i have as good of results as he does.
Welcome flminpixie (and your husband), dawnkim and swinsell. IP is a great program and SO happy my doctor told me about the plan.

Dawnkim, don't worry about the hair loss too much. It doesn't happen to everyone, and if it does it really is temporary and probably not noticed by anyone other than yourself and your hairstylist (if you have a regular person you go to). It happened to me on another low carb diet I was on and a couple of years ago when I was in the middle of a big family move from one state to another. I really think it's stress that brings it on. With diets it could be the stress your body is under while loosing a great deal of weight. I posted on another tread that I'm at the 3.5 month mark and so far so good. When it happened to me on my last low carb diet it was at the 3 month mark and it lasted about 3 months. This time I'm taking Omega IIIs which I have been on long before I started this diet. I've still got my fingers crossed as I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm hoping it will be okay.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #87  
Scoobygirl

S/C/G: 192/179/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hair loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnkim View Post
I was like you very scared as my hair is very thin and takes forever to grow. I spoke to my doctor about this and he said it is a natural occurence when you lose a lot in a short period. The hair that falls out is going to fall out eventually anyway but I don't believe we have to be worried about hair fall out like you would if you were doing cancer treatments. Let's just focus on losing weight and getting healthier and our hair will follow
scoobygirl39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 PM   #88  

Default Ideal Protein Zachary, LA

Moreau Physical Therapy in Zachary LA is now doing the Ideal Protein Diet!!!!!!
christyroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #89  

Default Ideal Protein Zachary, LA

Moreau Physical Therapy in Zachary, LA is now doing the Ideal Protein Diet!
christyroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #90  

Default 2 months to fit wedding dress!

Hi there! started IP alternative diet last thursday...Lost 8 pds so far!
Super excited first couple days were a challenge but every day gets better! just keep picturing myself in skinny jeans for once! haha
tnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote