IP Weekend Chat - Fri, 7/29 - Sun, 7/31

You're on Page 11 of 13
Go to
  • Happy Sunday morning everyone! It's a good day to stay OP! We are expecting a hot day here so my plan is to drink lots of water. I had fish and asparagus last night for supper and might do a repeat of that tonight. The scale seems to go down faster with fish meals.
  • Quote: Thanks for the welcomes. My DH & I started on IP on May 14, 2011. I have tried many weight loss programs over the years, lost the weight and gained all of it back with extra pounds every time. IP is working good for us and I feel with this program that this time the weight for me is gone for good. My DH has never had a weight problem until this past year, so he has never dieted or watched what he ate, so this is his first weight loss journey. He never could eat breakfast and hated pancakes. Now he is eating breakfast and asking for the crispy cereal pancakes, they are soooo good!!!!
    I look forward to logging on here and reading everyone's posts, and am glad I finally signed on.
    I finally got my 3 rhubarb plants used up, made many pots of stew and cut some up into pieces and froze it for winter. We have always loved rhubarb stew, now i just make it with splenda instead of sugar, and enjoy it on the vanilla pudding. DH likes the crisp, I use the IP oatmeal pack and mix with some cinnamon and splenda brown sugar, sprinkle over stewed rhubarb in 5" X 10" pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
    Way to go everyone on your weight loss and NSV
    Your recipe sounds great except splenda brown sugar is real brown sugar mixed with splenda...at least that's what it is here in Canada so unfortunately definitely not allowed on program...maybe just try a bit of normal splenda?
  • Love love love the new picture wuv...you're looking amazing!
  • Quote: Your recipe sounds great except splenda brown sugar is real brown sugar mixed with splenda...at least that's what it is here in Canada so unfortunately definitely not allowed on program...maybe just try a bit of normal splenda?
    Thanks Jordanna for the splenda info, I will have to check this out as we were told we could use it. I have also just used the oatmeal pack with cinnamon mixed in for the topping, so I will just go back to that way.
  • Quote: Thanks Jordanna for the splenda info, I will have to check this out as we were told we could use it. I have also just used the oatmeal pack with cinnamon mixed in for the topping, so I will just go back to that way.
    Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't used it in a long time...I know that's what it used to be for sure so definitely double check!
  • Quote: I love this!!!! I gave up several of my favorite stores years ago and had fallen into the "these are good enough for me" attitude as well. I actually felt guilty anytime I spent money on myself - because I knew I was buying clothes I didn't really like. I bought them because they fit. I haven't enjoyed shopping for my own clothes in years. So far I've been getting by with old clothes in my basement that fit once again, but I can't wait to go shopping!! I really need to start a fund!
    Pselias, IMHO I think you should begin browsing right away! I have IP friends who are beginning Phase 4, who look amazing, and they keep telling me their brain hasn't caught up with their weight loss. They say everyone tells them how great they look but for some reason they cannot see it. I think we have to do things for our mind as we go through this process that help us to bring our brains along - because if you remain OP, this really does go pretty quickly.

So, browse away and begin immediately! It's free! No need to save and hold off the moment. Simply go out and find your future favorite shops. See how their clothes fit you in the size you are currently in. You may learn that your new favorite brands fit you in the same size or a size smaller. You've got this new body, go out there and try it on! We've spent way too much time hiding it in the past.... there's no need to hide it because it's not perfect yet... Have fun with it. And shockingly, shopping can be fun!!! And browsing is FREE.
  • Hello Everyone,

I can't believe it is almost august. I started IP on July 1st, I am a little disappointed that I have only lost 11 lbs and have NOT cheated once. I am however, happy those 11 lbs are gone.

Yummy Breakfast this morning ( I miss my Sunday Dunkin Donuts Iced Caramel Latte) So, I disovled 1 tsp instant Juan Valdez vanilla coffee in a small amount of boiling H2O, let cool and added cold H2O to 8 oz. Put it in the blender with chocolate drink mix, 1 oz Sugar-Free Torani Chocolate Macadamia Nut syrup and 6 ice cubes. HEAVEN!

Someone was snarky at me on one of the other threads yesterday for no reason and I cried it upset me so ( I seem a little emotional on this diet). I am over it today and am my smiley self.

Went to a huge picnic yesterday with every kind of food imaginable, homemade pies, cheesecakes, brownies w/peanut butter icing, mac n cheese, potato salad, etc. and just ate my raw veggies and drank my H2O and when I got home at 8PM was starved but had my Big Mac in a Bowl and at 10PM had my pudding. I am doing so well, just hoping for a good loss this week, I've earned it
  • Morning all! So I survived a night of sushi and drinks with friends. I had green iced tea, miso soup, sashimi tuna with cucumber, and a asparagus, smelt roe, seaweed with tuna roll.
  • Quote: Hello Everyone,

I can't believe it is almost august. I started IP on July 1st, I am a little disappointed that I have only lost 11 lbs and have NOT cheated once. I am however, happy those 11 lbs are gone.

Yummy Breakfast this morning ( I miss my Sunday Dunkin Donuts Iced Caramel Latte) So, I disovled 1 tsp instant Juan Valdez vanilla coffee in a small amount of boiling H2O, let cool and added cold H2O to 8 oz. Put it in the blender with chocolate drink mix, 1 oz Sugar-Free Torani Chocolate Macadamia Nut syrup and 6 ice cubes. HEAVEN!

Someone was snarky at me on one of the other threads yesterday for no reason and I cried it upset me so ( I seem a little emotional on this diet). I am over it today and am my smiley self.

Went to a huge picnic yesterday with every kind of food imaginable, homemade pies, cheesecakes, brownies w/peanut butter icing, mac n cheese, potato salad, etc. and just ate my raw veggies and drank my H2O and when I got home at 8PM was starved but had my Big Mac in a Bowl and at 10PM had my pudding. I am doing so well, just hoping for a good loss this week, I've earned it
    Hi Bellamack! I am glad you are your smiley self and am sorry that someone was snarky to you. Sometimes message boards are not the best because we can't convey our feelings as well, sarcasm, concern, etc. don't always come through in just words. I guess that is why they have emoticons!

Yes, you deserve a good loss. I am hoping for one also after my gain of 1 pound last Tues.. Check your Torani syrup for carbs, I think I read somewhere that someone didn't like that it wasn't zero carbs. Someone gave me some truvia (like stevia) but it said it had 2 carbs so I don't use it. Also I am thinking of counting all carbs and trying to stay under 30 carbs a day. Have you ever checked out your total carbs on your packets and veggies and tried to have the lower carb ones? just a thought for you. Have a great day and don't get disappointed, try something different, shake things up a little. JMHO!
  • Sandy,

I did check my SF Torani, I only ordered the ones that had Splenda and they only have 1 carb per 1 oz. I am thinking about totalling my carbs, but I will have to be diligent and look up the IP carb-count, as I buy individual packets and the counts are on the boxes, not the packets. I do know the chocolate drink I had today is one of the higher carb counts, I believe someone said 7. I think I will get the chocolate pudding for my drinks next week, as someone said they are only 2. What i honestly don't know is the carbs in the veggies, although last week I ate no restricted veggies at all to try to influence my loss. Maybe I will look them up today, since it is an overcast day.

I am truly keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh-in, because I know how frustrating it can be, esp. when not cheating. Have a great day and lets keep track of each other.
  • Oh Yes Jordanna, I checked and our Brown Sugar Splenda (USA) is a blend of both. Good Catch!
  • Good morning! I was up a little this morning from yesterday but I didn't *TMI alert* go to the bathroom at all so I won't get too worried yet. I'm over the slip up I had and I won't do it again even if it doesn't affect me negatively.

I had another NSV. I pulled out one of my favorite pairs of jeans, one of the 2 that were fitting me at my highest, and my husband said I can't wear them. A belt wouldn't have even made it better because he says it looked like I "filled my pants" because the butt was so saggy. So, I guess it is time I start my on the way out clothes pile. My sister in law who started Monday is bigger than me so maybe in 20 pounds or so she can use them and I won't feel so bad getting rid of them. I have decided I am keeping nothing because it is just a crutch for me to go back to where I was. I can't go back there!
  • Quote: Sandy,

I did check my SF Torani, I only ordered the ones that had Splenda and they only have 1 carb per 1 oz. I am thinking about totalling my carbs, but I will have to be diligent and look up the IP carb-count, as I buy individual packets and the counts are on the boxes, not the packets. I do know the chocolate drink I had today is one of the higher carb counts, I believe someone said 7. I think I will get the chocolate pudding for my drinks next week, as someone said they are only 2. What i honestly don't know is the carbs in the veggies, although last week I ate no restricted veggies at all to try to influence my loss. Maybe I will look them up today, since it is an overcast day.

I am truly keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh-in, because I know how frustrating it can be, esp. when not cheating. Have a great day and lets keep track of each other.
    Bellamack,I found all the nutritional info right here on this site at the beginning of my IP journey, it's called Nutrional Fact sheet and you download a pdf. version. of it. Someone else had a stickey of all the scanned info on the boxes too. in the stickeys somewhere. I also found a site online for a list of veggies
    http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/l...egetables.html.
  • Quote: So we hosted a barbecue/family reunion at our house and I made it through the whole thing IP, answered the normal questions... "yes it's a weird diet, and no I can't eat fruit even though it's healthy blah blah blah". I made great food but could only eat the vegetable tray and a little piece of meat of course. Guests brought the dessert so I was cutting up and serving people slabs of cheesecake and blueberry cookie cobbler with whipped cream! It was a killer but I didn't even lick my finger.

So get this - after it's all over and I've cleaned up, I collapse in front of the TV with my little bag of chocolate soy puffs and am savoring them one by one when hubby says "hey, those look pretty good, can I have some?" I almost strangled his cheesecake and baby back rib snarfing throat!

I'm pretty sure he won't ask again...
    Too Funny!!!
  • Nutritional fact sheet: go down to Jordana's 5th post and you will find the pdf file to download. She said some have changed so check the boxes at your clinic. I buy mine individually but I get nosey and look at the labels on the boxes.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html