IP consultation on Thursday - questions

• Hi All. I'm brand new here. I've been lurking around and am so inspired by everyone's weight loss stories.

I have my IP consultation on Thursday. A friend of mine lost about 40 lbs on IP and she looks and feels fabulous. I have a few questions though.

Once you move on to phase 3 and beyond, can you never have a piece of bread, a noodle or a potato? I'm really afraid that I'll take off a bunch of weight only to put it back on if I indulge in a carb here and there.

Also, I have been losing on my own for the past 2 weeks, watching carbs and calories and drinking a ton of water. How do you get all of the water in and not have to wake up in the middle of the night?

Is no fruit allowed -- ever?

Thanks.
  • Quote: Hi All. I'm brand new here. I've been lurking around and am so inspired by everyone's weight loss stories.

I have my IP consultation on Thursday. A friend of mine lost about 40 lbs on IP and she looks and feels fabulous. I have a few questions though.

Once you move on to phase 3 and beyond, can you never have a piece of bread, a noodle or a potato? I'm really afraid that I'll take off a bunch of weight only to put it back on if I indulge in a carb here and there.

Also, I have been losing on my own for the past 2 weeks, watching carbs and calories and drinking a ton of water. How do you get all of the water in and not have to wake up in the middle of the night?

Is no fruit allowed -- ever?

Thanks.
    I ALWAYS have to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night but I look at it like this.....every time I go to the bathroom that is weight coming off, so I don't mind one bit....lol

I was just reading the thread on the phase 3 and it looks like you are able to eat bread on it (not sure though)

Fruits are not allowed I know for sure on phase 1, I don't know about the others. I will be in phase one for a LONG time so I don't know much about the other phases.

Good Luck!
  • Thanks for the rapid response! You look fabulous, by the way. I figure I have a good 60-70 lbs to lose, so I'm assuming I'll be in Phase 1 for a bit.

Just thinking ahead.
  • Quote: Thanks for the rapid response! You look fabulous, by the way. I figure I have a good 60-70 lbs to lose, so I'm assuming I'll be in Phase 1 for a bit.

Just thinking ahead.
    You will be in phase 1 until you lose 90% of your weight. If you stick to protocol it comes off pretty fast. Everyone is different though so don't get discouraged!

And thank you!!