CC Labor Day Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 29
Go to
  • Jiggle- Thanks for the new challenge!!
    Ekicna- Good to see you here!
    PHAT- you can do this, you are strong!

Welcome back everyone! & Welcome to the newbies!

1- My goal this time is to either lose weight or maintain current weight(116 lbs)
    2- Keep walking everyday
    3- not be so strict with myself
    4- Make my 2 yr maintenance anniversary (Aug. 15th), being no heavier than I am now.
    5- Follow the 80-20 rule, eat 80% healthy, 20% for treats.

I am a little confused about what I want to do about my weight. I am 10lbs heavier than i was last summer. Can't wear my jeans anymore, which is depressing. But 106 was too thin, I look & feel better at 110-111lbs. But need to be more restrictive w/ food at that weight. At 116lbs, it seems I can eat more treats and still maintain, but my knees hurt and I feel sluggish. So maybe I'll try to lose first til i get back down a bit, then maintain it. I have to add more of a variety of food, not be so strict about what kind of healthy food it is. If it's a whole food, then I can have it. Maybe this will work, I've tried so many ways to be happy with maintenance, yet nothing is really working without me ending up binging on sweets, which is my weakness.

Today- walked 30min. & had 1235 calories, perfectly on plan!
  • My Labor Day Goals

Continue CCing daily.
    Make it into the 160's.
    Continue preparing for 1/2 Marathon on 9-10.
  • Yay! 1st short challenge here.

I'll say losing 14 lbs by Labor Day & walking more in this Midwest heat--right now I'm only getting 1 to 1 1/2 hours of walk in a day w/the pups. The dogs & I prefer cooler weather. I need to get up earlier & walk later in the evenings to get over 1 1/2 hours.
  • Hey guys! This will be my first challenge!
    I will try for 8lbs lost. I will weigh in tomorrow, so I will give my starting weight then.
    I want to get my joints strong and well enough to jog by then. So that means cardio to lose some weight to help them with pressure. Also, strength training.
    My exercise goal: cardio 5X's/week. Strength 2-3x's/week
    Foodwise: Just eat healthier. Make sure I'm getting my potassium in there as well as my calcium. I seem to be slacking on those 2 these last couple of days.

I'm sure everyone will do great! I'm excited for this goal as well!!
  • bring it
    my goallll this is my first challenge.
    start calorie counting
    Lose atleat 10 pounds.if I can get down 20 pounds I will be proud
    Exercise other than tae kwon do. 3 x a week + tae kwon
    Cut down on soda

We can dino dissss girls
  • I'm in. My goal is 155 on Labor Day. So shooting for 11 lbs. Keep running and keep eating well.
  • "slouched like a Punk"

Quote of the day. lol Love your attitude PHAT!
  • to all new challengers and welcome back to the regulars. I looking forward to a great time and lots of losses. I would like to say to everyone that because most of our challenges have been a little shorter. The longer challenges tend to feel like you have time so a little extra snack or eating off plan may seem like a good idea...NOT SO!!! Longer challenges require you to stay focused a little longer. To help yourself out you may want to set small milestones along the way so you stay on task. I have a goal for my birthday which is exactly midway through the challenge. Especially to those new to calorie counting. It's easy to get off track and then get down on yourself, thus a downward spiral can happen. So lets stay on point.

I had a great day yesterday. I stayed in my calorie range and did a little walking at work. I will try to have something to motivate us everyday and if I'm missing someone can put something up as well. I want this to be a really successful challenge for all of us.
  • Okay, I weighed in at 164.5 today. So my goal by labor day is 164-167. I'll give myself a range

Yesterday was an okay day. My eating was not the healthiest ever. But, I did come within my calorie goal. I do a range of 1500-1800. I was just over 1500, so that was a plus.

I also did 20mins of zumba, 20min 30ds and a slow paced walk with a friend for about 1.5miles.
    Today I am starting off the day with a healthier breakfast and gonna go grocery shopping (we ran out of food stamps last week, so I have been scraping the barrel to eat healthy- I couldn't really buy anything so I got creative, like using up the many frozen veggies in the freezer to get my veggies instead of buying fresh ones)

Thank you for the tips jigglefree (LOVE THE NAME!! )- I think I will do that. My mini-goal in between is to get to 159 or 160 by August 1!
  • Morning ladies!

Welcome to all new comers!

Today is starting out well! Except I had ice cream for breakfast, but sometimes I like to switch my eating order. Dessert first, you know! Ha, it was a half a cup serving, 170 cals with 17 g of sugar, which isn't bad considering I usually have a chobani yogurt for breakfast which actually has more sugar (when it has fruit on the bottom)! I just got done with my cardio sculpt (focuses on upper body with weights and resistance bands) and had a protein shake.

I'm excited- I'm going hiking where I've never been before! The hiking trails around here, while always nice, can get repetitive, so I'm always excited to go somewhere new!

Feeling energized and ready for this challenge!!

ETA: Seconding what Jiggle said! This time last year I left 3fc in the middle of the Labor Day challenge- because it's one of the longer challenges it can be sooo tough! Hang in there!!
  • Hi everyone! Hello to all the people from the earlier challenge and hello to all the new people! My goal for the Labor Day Challenge is to be at goal (which is 165), and maybe go a little bit past that. Maybe 160?
  • Up for my first challenge! My goal:
    -Be in the 140's!!! Haven't seen that number for 5 years!
    Enjoying CC and working out, so I look forward to celebrating Labor Day for real this year!

And my reward...spa day!!!
  • Welcome to the new people!

I have a huge exam today so my workouts will probably start next Monday.
  • Ekicna- Thank you for the welcome. I hope your exams go well!!
  • Thanks! I passed!! I am over the moon!! Now, I am trying to find a job since my kids are about to start school.