Can finally run five miles!

• Today, I just finished a great 5.2 mile run (in the pouring rain!) and I finished it at a slow 1 hour, 13 minutes. I didn't start out running in the rain, but it started when I was about halfway through my first mile, and decided that even though I probably should have went earlier, I wasn't going to use it as an excuse. I probably looked really stupid, because I was cursing aloud at the rain when it got so hard I couldn't see. But in end, I kind of liked it because when I felt myself getting really warm, it would pour again and it felt nice. Anyway, I did it, and I am that much closer to that Marathon in January! I still have a very long way to go, but I am working hard so I am confident I can do this!
  • Awesome job!
  • That is fantastic! Congrats!
  • So proud...so VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! Somehow...when I read the title of this thread...I knew it was you!

You're on a mission girl...GO FOR IT!!!

Ok...so now I'm motivated...gonna go get my run on!
  • Thank you guys so much. Your support seriously helps! And, thanks, Joyfulloser! I know I end up posting about it at every mile, but I am always amazed that I finally accomplished even more. I can now run technically as far as I could in the past, and I hope to break that goal soon, maybe by adding another half mile every week or two. Seriously, thank you!
  • YAY!! Congrats!!
  • Congratulations! I know you feel fantastic--and you deserve to.
  • Congrats!!!! That is amazing! I am working now on being able to do the Warrior Dash in September and a 5k by the end of the year! I need to get on it a little better!! lol
    Proud of you though!!!
  • Awesome! 5.2 miles is amazing! You'll be ready for that marathon in January for sure! Way to go...
  • I wish 3FC had a 'like' button!

That is awesome, and seriously motivating. Now I can't wait to get my run on tomorrow! Keep it up!!
  • Thanks, guys. I am glad I am helping to motivate some, Ariruns. I have never seen myself as a motivator, but you know, I always see people at 3fc who really make me want to succeed even more. I hope your run goes fantastic when you take one! Mhill, that is awesome! You can do a 5k, I will promise you that. By the end of the year, you'll be doing a 5k so well you will be so surprised and happy with yourself. When I stared, I literally couldn't even run 30 seconds at a time. That was in March!

Sunlover, I sure hope so! Thank you so much!