airplane NSV!

• So I flew cross country yesterday (2 connections, yikes!) and for the first time in more years than I can remember...I didn't need a seatbelt extender!

I can't tell you how awesome that moment was for me.

Infinity and beyond!
  • Yay!! That's so great! I had that experience a few months ago when I went to NYC. I actually had room to tighten my seat belt.. it was an amazing feeling.

Congratulations on your success! Keep up the great work.
  • Whoo hoo!
  • That's awesome! I've avoided planes for many years because of the fear of being told I was too big and would have to buy a second ticket.
  • That's awesome for you. I am really happy for you. I encountered this recently at an amusement park where I refused to go with everyone else on a roller coaster sure that I wasn't gonna be able to get my huge hips in that little seat. So glad I am on my way down.
    Congratulations again on your accomplishments.
  • That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • Congratulations! What a success!
  • Congrats!

Isn't it wonderful! I understand because on a recent trip I was able to put the snack tray down without getting it stuck on my fat belly. Cool.

I never could figure out if I was more embarassed to ask for the extender or to have a flight attendant offer me one. Good for you!
  • Hurray!!!!
  • First of all, congratulations on your NSV, what an awesome feeling!!

Second, for those of us who aren't at that point yet, I bought my own seatbelt extender from an online store called Living Large. It was around $50 and well worth every penny. It folds up into a small little pouch the size of a cell phone and I just keep it right in my purse. I pull it out if I need it, if I don't then great, but I still have it if needed. I don't have to draw any attention to myself by having to ask for an extender and no one other than my traveling conpanions have even noticed I have it. Just a thought for someone who travels alot. It's one less thing to worry about when flying.
  • Yay! Congrats!
  • That is a great NSV. I haven't flown since getting big but this was one of the fears in the back of my mind (especially when I started to notice that going to the movies was uncomfy).

Awesome job, congrats congrats
  • Congrats! Last summer was the first time I had to use a seat belt extender and I was so stressed about having to ask for one. That's an awesome acheivement!
  • Yay, you, gloo!!!