IP Weekend Chat ~ May 14 & 15, 2011

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    • AND
    • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: Friday, May 13th, daily chat
  • I thought I would start the weekend thread since things still seem to be fairly quiet over on the Friday thread! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • Quote: I thought I would start the weekend thread since things still seem to be fairly quiet over on the Friday thread! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
    Thanks... Great new profile pic...
  • Good morning all....had WI6 yesterday and am down 7.8lbs!!!! So excited!!! I worked hard this week and started Zumba on my wii (ho boy, that's not easy!)

Loving IP and excited for the future even though in my world the future is super uncertain.

Have a great OP weekend friends!

Loving IP and excited for the future even though in my world the future is super uncertain.

Congrats!! I love Zumba and plan on starting up again once my classes end next week. I'm a little nervous about starting exercise up again, but I'd like to tone up and I feel better afterwards...so, we'll see!
    Going to lunch at my favorite pizza place in the whole wide world...and I'm getting a salad I'm not really that sad. I've been doing great and don't want to jeopardize it! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Weighed today and I am down 7# for the week. I added Callanetics and a bar in the morning and I think that helped. I will add a slow walk in next week and see how that affects my loss.
  • Quote: Weighed today and I am down 7# for the week. I added Callanetics and a bar in the morning and I think that helped. I will add a slow walk in next week and see how that affects my loss.
    AWESOME LOSS!!! Feels so good to see those numbers going down!

NSV: Huge for me, I went to buy some basic black capris yesterday, and I NO LONGER and a plus sized girl...purchased them in the "regular" section of the store. I haven't done that EVER in my life. I am proud of this body and the transformations it has taken in a month on IP. Can't wait to see the results.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
    (oh yeah, I got my ticker too!)

• Quote: AWESOME LOSS!!! Feels so good to see those numbers going down!

NSV: Huge for me, I went to buy some basic black capris yesterday, and I NO LONGER and a plus sized girl...purchased them in the "regular" section of the store. I haven't done that EVER in my life. I am proud of this body and the transformations it has taken in a month on IP. Can't wait to see the results.

So happy for you! WTG!!!
  • Down 20 lbs as of today on my scale! My coach's scale and mine are the same so it is nice to see where I stand at day 40! I can't complain!!! I'm so thankful for this diet!
  • Hello everyone!!

I had WI yesterday and lost 4lbs! Horray! I'm getting closer to the weight I was before Hawaii. Just a bit more to go.

Today I have a lot of homework to do, and tonight I'm attending my husband and moms MS Pub Night. They are having pizza and salad. I'll eat before I go and bring a snack with me, maybe even some WF salad packs if the salad is undressed and OK to eat.

I think the hardest thing for me lately is actually EATING. Can't believe it's true but I constantly forget to eat. I've been missing my 3rd IP/snack for the day.

Hubby is doing well & so is mom. Mom has lost 5lbs and hubby has lost almost 20lbs (this is since we started again, it's been 3 weeks on plan).

Anyways, hope everyone has a good day! Take care
  • Quote: Good morning all....had WI6 yesterday and am down 7.8lbs!!!! So excited!!! I worked hard this week and started Zumba on my wii (ho boy, that's not easy!)

Quote: Congrats!! I love Zumba and plan on starting up again once my classes end next week. I'm a little nervous about starting exercise up again, but I'd like to tone up and I feel better afterwards...so, we'll see!
    Going to lunch at my favorite pizza place in the whole wide world...and I'm getting a salad I'm not really that sad. I've been doing great and don't want to jeopardize it! Have a great weekend everyone!
    You know, it doesn't break my heart to go to restaurants and order OP. I don't think twice about it anymore!! Isn't that a great feeling?!

Quote: Weighed today and I am down 7# for the week. I added Callanetics and a bar in the morning and I think that helped. I will add a slow walk in next week and see how that affects my loss.
    WOW, another great loss! Congrats!

Quote: AWESOME LOSS!!! Feels so good to see those numbers going down!

Congrats on the NSV! I still find myself heading to the plus section of the stores, then I remember that I don't belong there anymore!!!

Quote: Down 20 lbs as of today on my scale! My coach's scale and mine are the same so it is nice to see where I stand at day 40! I can't complain!!! I'm so thankful for this diet!
    Congrats on hitting 20 lbs!
  • Happy Saturday everyone!

It's a miserable rainy day today and I'm stuck home alone with my kids while my husband works noon to midnight. My daughter had Occupational Therapy this morning an then my DH left for the day. I made them lunch and while I was cleaning up, my daughter broke my keyboard drawer and scribbled on my monitor! My first thoughts were: "can I binge now?" but I did not! I made a cup of "Forever Nuts" tea. It is one of my favs because of the name and the taste!

I've been taking Floralax (one last night and one just after lunch) and it is working... maybe I didn't gain after all.

Question: How many grams of carbs per day is the max we should have on IP? (Just curious)

Quote: Good morning all....had WI6 yesterday and am down 7.8lbs!!!! So excited!!! I worked hard this week and started Zumba on my wii (ho boy, that's not easy!)

Quote: I thought I would start the weekend thread since things still seem to be fairly quiet over on the Friday thread! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
    Thank you for opening the thread! You do look great! WTG!

Quote: Thanks... Great new profile pic...
    How is your son doing? Did you get any work done yesterday?

Quote: Congrats!! I love Zumba and plan on starting up again once my classes end next week. I'm a little nervous about starting exercise up again, but I'd like to tone up and I feel better afterwards...so, we'll see!
    You have got this down pat! You are inspiring me!

Quote: Weighed today and I am down 7# for the week. I added Callanetics and a bar in the morning and I think that helped. I will add a slow walk in next week and see how that affects my loss.
    That is awesome! I didn't even get 7# on my first week! Way to go!

Quote: AWESOME LOSS!!! Feels so good to see those numbers going down!

What a wonderful NSV!

Quote: Down 20 lbs as of today on my scale! My coach's scale and mine are the same so it is nice to see where I stand at day 40! I can't complain!!! I'm so thankful for this diet!
    Great work! Way to go!
    I am very thankful for this diet too!

Quote: Hello everyone!!

I had WI yesterday and lost 4lbs! Horray! I'm getting closer to the weight I was before Hawaii. Just a bit more to go.

Today I have a lot of homework to do, and tonight I'm attending my husband and moms MS Pub Night. They are having pizza and salad. I'll eat before I go and bring a snack with me, maybe even some WF salad packs if the salad is undressed and OK to eat.

I think the hardest thing for me lately is actually EATING. Can't believe it's true but I constantly forget to eat. I've been missing my 3rd IP/snack for the day.

Hubby is doing well & so is mom. Mom has lost 5lbs and hubby has lost almost 20lbs (this is since we started again, it's been 3 weeks on plan).

Anyways, hope everyone has a good day! Take care
    You are all doing so great! I love how prepared you are for the outing! Sadly, I don't think I will ever forget to eat...
  • Quote: AWESOME LOSS!!! Feels so good to see those numbers going down!

You are AWESOME girl!!!!! Keep all of your hard work! I'm so proud of you!
  • Haven't been here for a while because I was feeling discouraged. I know that 43 pounds is an accomplishment, and then I look at how much there is left to go. I was down 3lbs at Wi yesterday. So the scale is finally moving again.

Spent 2 hours last Saturday cleaning out my closet and chest of drawers of clothes that no longer fit. Have them ready to go to consignment/ donation.

I have had a real sit down with myself and recommited to the process. I can use any and all support from the folks here who understand. How do you keep going when it gets tough?
  • Happy Weekend fellow IPer's...mine is not off to a great start food wise. I tried the soy patty mix for lunch today and it was flat out terrible, dry, mealy..just plain ole yucky!! It was quite hard to eat while the other half had lasagna and soda But he is very supportive of my diet and I have to be understanding of his diet as well. He is Type 1 diabetic and has no body fat at all so going into ketosis for him is a trip to the hospital.He does eat the same meal with me everynight which is really great Going to spend the weekend cleaning the house with the crummy weather out and planning out my next week's worth of meals and getting excited about my first weigh in on Tuesday! Everyone have a great weekend and congrats on all the SV and NSV!!!!