New starting Monday 4-25-11

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

• Hello
    Im pretty new to this site but starting Monday I will be diving in head first
    any one ready to jump in with me
  • Hi Becky. I started counting calories yesterday, so we're in this together! I look forward to sharing our progress with each other.
  • I'm jumping back in today, too.

What's your daily calorie goal, Becky?
  • I am starting over today too. I am starting at 1500 calories per day with a goal of 148. I have lost 75 pounds in the last 4 years but I have been faltering for the past year. Time to recommit and get the rest of this weight off.

182/148
  • Thanks for the support try 1300 daily
    have a great day
  • Another new cal counter here.
    I'm going for 1300 a day.
    Let the games begin!
  • Hi All

I'm starting back today too. I'm starting out with 1600 calories a day and we'll see how it goes. I tried CC at the first of the year at 1200 calories a day and I reached a plateau and became so discouraged and fell off the wagon. I was told that I wasn't eating enough so this time I thought I'd up the calories and see how it goes. I hope we all do really well.
  • I started 3 weeks ago shooting for 1600 calories a day. A couple days I went up to 1800 and a few days I only did 1400. The first week I lost 5 lbs, the second week, 4lbs, then this last week....I gained half a pound and Im so discouraged.....so much so that I went crazy the last 2 days, chips and candy...etc...etc. Im starting over today....I have about 70 lbs to loose. So...are all calories really created equal? I have been able to lose quickly in the past on low carb...but I end up with such bad cravings for bread. I really love sandwiches.
  • Quote: I started 3 weeks ago shooting for 1600 calories a day. A couple days I went up to 1800 and a few days I only did 1400. The first week I lost 5 lbs, the second week, 4lbs, then this last week....I gained half a pound and Im so discouraged.....so much so that I went crazy the last 2 days, chips and candy...etc...etc. Im starting over today....I have about 70 lbs to loose. So...are all calories really created equal? I have been able to lose quickly in the past on low carb...but I end up with such bad cravings for bread. I really love sandwiches.
    The beauty of calorie counting is that a calorie is a calorie no matter where it came from. We all know some foods are better for you than others, but if you want something specific you can have it, just fit it in your calories for the day. I would never make it on a low carb diet.

Good luck!
  • stayed within my calories "not all healthy" but did do it 1300
    anyone know of a good place to find out calories in foods?
  • Quote: I started 3 weeks ago shooting for 1600 calories a day. A couple days I went up to 1800 and a few days I only did 1400. The first week I lost 5 lbs, the second week, 4lbs, then this last week....I gained half a pound and Im so discouraged.....so much so that I went crazy the last 2 days, chips and candy...etc...etc. Im starting over today....I have about 70 lbs to loose. So...are all calories really created equal? I have been able to lose quickly in the past on low carb...but I end up with such bad cravings for bread. I really love sandwiches.
    i get the same way. when i try so hard for the week and then when I weight myself and even if i go up the littlest .1 i get discourage, and think to myself 'why does it matter?'.

My goal is not to be that way and just break through that mental barrier.

Right now i'm aiming for 1550 a day. I tired 1400, but think 1550 fits me right now. goodluck!
  • Quote: stayed within my calories "not all healthy" but did do it 1300
    anyone know of a good place to find out calories in foods?
    Becky I use My Plate to track my calories. You can Google it.

I've made it through day 1 with a litle over 1400 calories eaten. I didnt quite make 1600 today.

I hope everyone has had a great day!
  • Thanks for the tip about my
    looks like a great site
  • day 2 starting good walked on my treadmill this AM
  • I started yesterday too. I had a good feeling about it. hope all goes well for you.

Tell us more about your plan.