Goal of losing 1 lb every week

You're on Page 1 of 13
Go to
  • Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum. It's really encouraging to read all posts stating the weight loss. I'm here for the same reason. Need to lose 60 lbs.(Yes all this pregnancy weight).
    Making mini goals of melting 1lb every week by eating healthy and moving more.
    Anyone in. Starting today.

Starting weight is 97 kgs (213.5 lbs). I should be down to 96.5 by 21 feb 2011.
  • Good luck!
  • Hi hun, I'm new to this site too - joined at the weekend. I too am trying to lose pregnancy weight. I had lost 1.5 stone before falling pregnant with my daughter, but have gained that back, plus another stone. So I am now only 1 stone lighter than at 42 weeks pregnant and my little girl was 10lb 6.5oz!

My little girl is now 7 months old and I was aiming to lose 2 stone by her first birthday at the end of June which was 1lb-1.5lb a week, but because I've messed about for the last few weeks I now need to lose about 1.5-2lb a week.

Good luck, I'm sure we can do it! xxx
  • Oh yeah, forgot to say, I'm in!! x
  • Recording 14 feb
    Food :- Diet was pretty good. Consumed 1400 cal.
    Exercise:- Walked to son's school to drop and pick him.
    Worked in office (sitting) for 4 hours.

SW :- 97 Kgs
    CW :- 97 Kgs
    GW :- 70 Kgs
  • They say that to lose 1lb a week need to cut 500 calories a day out. So if need 2000 daily, stay below 1500 each day and should be able to watch those lbs go. Sounds so simple, doesn't it, wish it was!
  • a pound a week never sounds like very much. but with 60 pounds to lose, the fact that I could be at goal weight this time next year, after years of being so overweight, is something really good to aim for. So I am in !!
    current weight : 200 pounds UGH
    goal weight : 140 pounds
    My weekly weigh in day is Saturday so I will post my loss (fingers crossed) then.
  • Forgot to mention but a single pound would also take me into the one hundreds which is a place I havent been for such a long time. It just shows that every single pound is so important.
  • I've tried to lose a pound a week and it is hard to do. To lose a pound a week, I have to really be dieting (hungry all of the time). I can do it for short periods of time, but I can't last for the long run.

Quote: They say that to lose 1lb a week need to cut 500 calories a day out. So if need 2000 daily, stay below 1500 each day and should be able to watch those lbs go. Sounds so simple, doesn't it, wish it was!
  • Congratulations for reaching the 200 mark. You are right, you will be a meager 100's person shortly!!
    Keep it up!!
    Quote: Forgot to mention but a single pound would also take me into the one hundreds which is a place I havent been for such a long time. It just shows that every single pound is so important.
  • Nice challenge! If I had stuck to 1 lb a week, I would have been at goal by now, considering I started way back in 2007... So - onwards and downwards...
    207.5 today
    Good luck, ladies!
  • Welcome aboard everyone,

To some people losing 1 lb a week doesn't sound much. But in one year we will be 52 lbs lighter.
    I believe in consistency. Cutting down 250 calories from diet and walking for an hour takes another 250 calories. So far sticking to the rule of taking out 500 cal everyday.
    My weigh in day is Monday. (Ya, it's monday so that i don't binge on weekends.)

Keep it up everyone.
  • lost 4 pounds this week and landed in the one hundreds
  • Congrats !!! Tamara72. You have done it. You are below 200. Keep it up.

How do you manage to lose 4 lbs a week? Do you exercise a lot or eating less?
  • thanks techie. I have had a week off work so have been doing lots of exercise and long walks with the kids and dog as well as watching what I eat.