IP Weekend Chat - Jan 15-16, 2011

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
  • Quote: Yeah!
    Down 4.2 lbs.
    Hope everyone has a great week!
    Way to go!!!! I love seeing your inches and weight loss - both are impressive and give me lots of hope
  • Quote: Way to go!!!! I love seeing your inches and weight loss - both are impressive and give me lots of hope
    Thanks. I'm just so happy that I'm losing continually and gradually. I like WW but I have thyroid and other metabolism issues and on that program it would work for the first couple weeks then I would just stop. Even if I lost only 1 lb per week, I would be ecstatic. My main goal is for health so that I can feel better and move more easily. It will also be fun to fit in some of my clothing that is hanging in the back of my closet. :-)

Take it a day at a time. Sometimes it's hard to be patient but we'll get there.

Best to you!
    Wendy
  • I am making today my culinary experiment day -- I am trying to take some of my favorites making them IP friendly. So far I have made a fake gravy base that I will use for both a tandoori chicken dish and a mushroom pan sauce for spinach/basil stuffed chicken breasts -- A BBQ sauce using the WF ketchup - our coach did not have the wf bbq sauce - so I used my recipe subbing in the WF ketchup -surprisingly it is really good and finally a rhubarb compote for my crepes and cobbler (using the crepe mix) -- If any of these turn out and worthy of a recipe post I will then post. I love a culinary challenge and IP is definitely making me really really really think outside of the box. My goal is to make IP "foodie" worthy -- thank you to all of you who post recipes they give me inspiration and loads of ideas.
  • Quote: I am making today my culinary experiment day -- I am trying to take some of my favorites making them IP friendly. So far I have made a fake gravy base that I will use for both a tandoori chicken dish and a mushroom pan sauce for spinach/basil stuffed chicken breasts -- A BBQ sauce using the WF ketchup - our coach did not have the wf bbq sauce - so I used my recipe subbing in the WF ketchup -surprisingly it is really good and finally a rhubarb compote for my crepes and cobbler (using the crepe mix) -- If any of these turn out and worthy of a recipe post I will then post. I love a culinary challenge and IP is definitely making me really really really think outside of the box. My goal is to make IP "foodie" worthy -- thank you to all of you who post recipes they give me inspiration and loads of ideas.
    Awesome! I love to cook, too! You definitely need to post the recipes that you enjoy! I've been so busy at work that I haven't been able to experiment like I want. I've been making the plain crepe into chips, using sea salt, dried thyme and rosemary...I like to crunch on something around 10 am the office since I'm sitting most of the day in front of a computer.

Have a great weekend!
  • Quote: Right On! I am sooo happy for you, it can be hard to stay motivated when the pounds aren't dropping!
    P.S. whats up with your boy and my girl did they split? She seems realy down!
    I keep asking and don't get any answers. They didn't split, but something is wrong, thats for sure. Teenagers.

Quote: I am on week 2 on just noticed that my ketone stip is negative. I am not sure what is going on because I am following the plan all the way with no cheating. Has this happened to anyone? I lost 6lbs and 6 inches on my 1st week and now I am worried about my weigh in on Wednesday.
    Throw them away, and just have faith in the program!

Quote: What a day! Gorgeous, sunny, and warm (74f) outside. ME? I am on the sofa, blinds pulled, wrapped partly in a blanket with THE WORST allergies I have had in a few years. Eyes, nose, throat, and skin are all itchy, I have tiny hives in the roof of my mouth and, I can't breath out of one side of my nose. BLAH!!! Two weeks ago, I was covering plants against 29 degree F weather to prevent freezing. I hate the temperature up and downs this time of year. It creates pollen chaos in my world!

Outside of the above, my plan today is to give dogs a bath, accomplish some minor house cleaning and, watch some football. Maybe, if I am lucky and the allergy meds kick in a little more, I will try to do some yoga this evening. If I am unlucky, I will be curled on the coach with a cup of breath easy tea!

I hope you all have are enjoying your weekend so far!
    From one allergy sufferer to another, I hope you feel better soon! The only nice thing about having snow and winter, is that they let up! LOL!

Quote: I am making today my culinary experiment day -- I am trying to take some of my favorites making them IP friendly. So far I have made a fake gravy base that I will use for both a tandoori chicken dish and a mushroom pan sauce for spinach/basil stuffed chicken breasts -- A BBQ sauce using the WF ketchup - our coach did not have the wf bbq sauce - so I used my recipe subbing in the WF ketchup -surprisingly it is really good and finally a rhubarb compote for my crepes and cobbler (using the crepe mix) -- If any of these turn out and worthy of a recipe post I will then post. I love a culinary challenge and IP is definitely making me really really really think outside of the box. My goal is to make IP "foodie" worthy -- thank you to all of you who post recipes they give me inspiration and loads of ideas.
    Good luck, sounds good!

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!
  • Happy Saturday, everyone! I had a great NSV today...a friend that I haven't seen for a while, complimented me on my weight loss then commented that I look like my daughter (16 yo and a size 2!) or rather, that my daughter looks like me! She is also the first to tell me that I have lost enough. I thanked her then assured her that I'm not done yet!
  • Quick question: Must we have romaine? Or any lettuce, for that matter? I'm not hungry! When I feel like snacking, that's my go-to, but I've been busy and haven't thought about food much.

Jolie
  • What a day! I went ice fishing with my fiance and well, food options were crazy..so here it goes:

Breakfast- Subway- egg, onions, spinach (the guy looked at me awfully strange, but he put it in a salad container and gave me a fork!)

Lunch- Subway!- spinach/lettuce salad w/loads of veggies....and a chicken breast....btw, eating a cold salad on the frozen lake was not at all appetizing!

Snack- Mint Hot Cocoa shake....mmmmmmm, warm me up!

Supper- (after my nap) I'm going to make meatloaf...using the grated cauliflower. The guys will get baked potatoes....hmmm, me? Not sure, had baked turnips last night. Need inspiration I guess!

Maybe over on the protein, but I didn't want to have a bar/puffs because of the high carbs, so I thought a chicken breast would be better. What a day....will focus more tomorrow....when the guys go back out to fish....and I stay home to "clean" (stay warm!).

Happy IP(ish) day!
  • [QUOTE=showgirlaz;3655128]Hey Marilyn!

I think you are in wonderful place and she was having a very "challenged" moment. If you are happy and healthy at your weight STOP. Losing 100 pounds just to do it is unnecessary. We are a society that is often too focused on size and weight and not on the overall picture of health. It sounds like your mental and physical are both very healthy right now!
    Way to go!

As for maintenance, our whole rest our our life is maintenance. Some definitions are:
    *care: activity involved in maintaining something in good working order
    *sustenance: the act of sustaining life by food or providing a means of subsistence
    *Actions performed to keep some machine or system functioning or in service

Thanks Carla, you always get right to the heart of the issue...I SO appreciate the kindness of the people on this site...

Marilyn
  • Quote: What a day! I went ice fishing with my fiance and well, food options were crazy..so here it goes:

Breakfast- Subway- egg, onions, spinach (the guy looked at me awfully strange, but he put it in a salad container and gave me a fork!)

Lunch- Subway!- spinach/lettuce salad w/loads of veggies....and a chicken breast....btw, eating a cold salad on the frozen lake was not at all appetizing!

Snack- Mint Hot Cocoa shake....mmmmmmm, warm me up!

Supper- (after my nap) I'm going to make meatloaf...using the grated cauliflower. The guys will get baked potatoes....hmmm, me? Not sure, had baked turnips last night. Need inspiration I guess!

Maybe over on the protein, but I didn't want to have a bar/puffs because of the high carbs, so I thought a chicken breast would be better. What a day....will focus more tomorrow....when the guys go back out to fish....and I stay home to "clean" (stay warm!).

Happy IP(ish) day!
    You have only had 1 protien pack today, having another for snack? Don't quite get why not on the puffs or bar but not bad choices for what you had to choose from. Have mashed cauliflower with your meatloaf.
  • Hi everyone! I just tried the Zucchini Fries and they were pretty good... still a little soft in the middle for my liking but still good. I have a question though.... I know there is a lot of discussion about measuring veggies before or after cooking... I measure before cooking because that is what my coach says to do. I measured out my 2 cups and put it in the oven... because I was trying to cook it until it was a little crispy, they shrunk a LOT!! I felt like I was not getting enough veggies... or am I? Any thoughts out there??
  • Quote: You have only had 1 protien pack today, having another for snack? Don't quite get why not on the puffs or bar but not bad choices for what you had to choose from. Have mashed cauliflower with your meatloaf.
    I'm trying to stay away from restricteds as much as possible this week....I stalled for 2 1/2 weeks just recently and I want movement. Yes, I only had one real protein pack (snack) but I got protein through the egg at breakfast and the chicken breast at lunch. Make sense?
  • Quote: I'm trying to stay away from restricteds as much as possible this week....I stalled for 2 1/2 weeks just recently and I want movement. Yes, I only had one real protein pack (snack) but I got protein through the egg at breakfast and the chicken breast at lunch. Make sense?
    Okay, staying away from restricted makes sense but "real" protein shouldn't be a replacement for protein packs until phase 2. Still good choices though.

Hey, just realized who I was talking to (page is too big for the screen and I was too lazy to scroll back and forth ). Anyway, you're not new to this and therefore already know what I had to say...sorry!
  • can anybody answer me a question? If we were to use 1/2 tsp of cornstarch in a recipe how would that effect us on IP or is there a substitute we could use?
  • copied from thursday's thread (posted today)
    daffydownlillies asked:

Hello, I am 11 days in to IP. I would love to know:
    1) How bad is it to cheat a little bit, say adding more skim to coffee or having less veggies? (I haven't yet, but I wonder if it will majorly set me back?)
    2) What "add-ons" can you have besides what they tell you in the info packet? Like, can you have sugar free cool whip or crystal light or sugar free jello?

Thanks gals! I have already found these IP forums so helpful and motivating!