IP Daily Chat Tuesday December 7, 2010

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
    • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
    • AND
    • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
    When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
    for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

______

Review our Monday chat - December 6, 2010
  • Good Morning All,

Had my 4th WI last night and I am happy to say that I am down -2.2lbs IP is a great program. I hope you all have a awesome day.
  • Good Morning Everyone....
    I did WI #4 yesterday...3lbs gone I have decided that I am going to aim for 9 more before Christmas... I have averaged 4lbs a week so I am thinking that isn't too much to expect of myself??

I was telling a friend that I experienced a NSV.... My winter coat used to be quite tight in the belly and bust. Actually to the point where I was thinking I really need a new/bigger one.... Well it is now very comfortable again ... Thanks IP for saving me $..(never thought I'd say that....lol)

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone..
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone....
    I did WI #4 yesterday...3lbs gone I have decided that I am going to aim for 9 more before Christmas... I have averaged 4lbs a week so I am thinking that isn't too much to expect of myself??

I was telling a friend that I experienced a NSV.... My winter coat used to be quite tight in the belly and bust. Actually to the point where I was thinking I really need a new/bigger one.... Well it is now very comfortable again ... Thanks IP for saving me $..(never thought I'd say that....lol)

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone..

Congrats! No better feeling then when the clothes that were once tight and uncomfortable are now loose and comfy.....I don't know that feeling yet...lol ..I just started week 2 on Saturday. Hopefully by next week I'll start to feel a difference. I have a pair of jeans that is my target and every week I'll try them on and hopefully see a little improvement.

Congrats again and keep it up, your doing fantastic
  • Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a terrific IP day today!
    Well today is WI #8 for me. I am down on my home scales but by the time I have my WI in the late afternoon...all bets are off on what I may or may not lose on the IP scales.
    My next mini goal (before Christmas) is to be in the 160's and I am ohhhhh sooooo close.
  • Good morning all! Still recuperating from my sushi treat this past Saturday, that piled on 2 lbs to my previous loss. Was at 171.5, my lowest yet ! then jumped to 173.5...but this a.m after being 'good' all day yesterday, I am at 173...... so staying on track today again and aiming back into ketosis... thanks to Carla for informing me of how bad the rice really is to us in phase one particularly....i did NOT realize... this forum is amazing for all we are learning....
  • Quote: Congrats! No better feeling then when the clothes that were once tight and uncomfortable are now loose and comfy.....I don't know that feeling yet...lol ..I just started week 2 on Saturday. Hopefully by next week I'll start to feel a difference. I have a pair of jeans that is my target and every week I'll try them on and hopefully see a little improvement.

Congrats again and keep it up, your doing fantastic
    Jenn2010 !!! you are from Ottawa as well?
  • I was in NY for 4 days..and I did great 2 days but between the walking and a few nice dinners..the guilt you feel is awful. I felt like I poisioned myself..I weigh tomorrow so we shall see what the scales say...I've been perfect the last two days...ughh first time I've eaten badly since I was on the program...
    Hope everyone has a great day
  • Question: has anyone else noticed increased hair loss? I know this was mentioned before... but I am losing or seem to be losing more hair.... also... my nails on my feet..... are splitting... and that is horizontally! We are talking 1/2 way down the nail bed....not up on top ! This is not normal for me. Does anyone know by thier experience, if this indicates missing a certain vitamin? any advice is welcome. Thanks!
  • Quote: Jenn2010 !!! you are from Ottawa as well?

Yes, I am. Im in Kanata. Where abouts are you?
  • Good morning...

For the first time in a long time, I was HUNGRY this morning when I woke up...like could have eaten a big breakfast style hungry. It was very unusual for me! I've had my regular IP drink and coffee, and we'll see how the rest of the morning goes...I wonder where that came from!

Hope everyone has a good day today!
  • Quote: Question: has anyone else noticed increased hair loss? I know this was mentioned before... but I am losing or seem to be losing more hair.... also... my nails on my feet..... are splitting... and that is horizontally! We are talking 1/2 way down the nail bed....not up on top ! This is not normal for me. Does anyone know by thier experience, if this indicates missing a certain vitamin? any advice is welcome. Thanks!
    Hair loss is normal....toenails....hmmmmm. I started talking a Hair, Nail, Skin vitamin from my local pharmacy. I noticed this has helped my fingernails grow some as they weren't budging. Maybe look into that. Yikes!
  • Quote: Yes, I am. Im in Kanata. Where abouts are you?
    actually in aylmer but work downtown ottawa ! coolio
  • The day is off to a good start. Down another 2 lbs.
  • Quote: Hair loss is normal....toenails....hmmmmm. I started talking a Hair, Nail, Skin vitamin from my local pharmacy. I noticed this has helped my fingernails grow some as they weren't budging. Maybe look into that. Yikes!
    ok will look into that, tks! I am taking about 1000 mg of calcium per day...plus a multi vitamin.........and is it not correct that your body only uses what you need and gets rid of the excess.... so how do we know how much is enough? After the expense of the food...i resisted to buy IP supplements $$$$