Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #76  
RockinRosie

S/C/G: 169/144/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyniagara View Post
I just started Phase III and am kind of amazed at how it feels to be free of carrying 37 pounds of fat around. I love my muscles! Now it's time to firm/tone up.

I discovered something fun that I thought I'd share - if you put a bar in the microwave for 27 seconds it gets nice and gooey. They burn easily though - careful.
Oh my gosh.....mouth started to drool when I saw this.....definitely going to try ASAP! Thanks for sharing
Old 12-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Thanks Carla of course it was buffet full of mac n cheese, stuffing, baked apples with cinn. all kinds of yummy things i would of piled up on a month ago! Tonight i opted on the steamed veggies they had that they swore were just steamedwith garlic salt and pepper i sure didnt taste any butter or anything like that, i had a big salad with salt pepper and some lemon juice and oil bc all they had was ranch or thousand island bummer! and i paid the difference to have them dry grill me a chicken breast. I personally think i did great but guess time will tell those baked apples smelled so good! Gosh i sure miss fruit!!

WI # 3 is first thing in the morning...im going to question them about the 3 packets a day and im going to buy enough for me to have 3 a day! i dont want the restricteds they certainly cant make me buy them! Im honestly considering doing this on my own I just dont get the support there im looking for I get my support here! What are my options if i start doing this on my own is it cheaper? Right now im paying 90 a week!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #78  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys. Had an OK day today. I think I overdid it on my supper veggies tho... 3 med pickles and broccoli. I don't measure my broccoli but I feel like it was a bit too much. My tuna salad was good though. I was going to have crab salad tomorrow but it has waaaay too much salt for before WI. I'll already have some water retention due to TOM so I wanna watch my salt intake tomorrow.
Looks like everyone is doing great!! Keep it up xox
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #79  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
Thanks Carla of course it was buffet full of mac n cheese, stuffing, baked apples with cinn. all kinds of yummy things i would of piled up on a month ago! Tonight i opted on the steamed veggies they had that they swore were just steamedwith garlic salt and pepper i sure didnt taste any butter or anything like that, i had a big salad with salt pepper and some lemon juice and oil bc all they had was ranch or thousand island bummer! and i paid the difference to have them dry grill me a chicken breast. I personally think i did great but guess time will tell those baked apples smelled so good! Gosh i sure miss fruit!!

WI # 3 is first thing in the morning...im going to question them about the 3 packets a day and im going to buy enough for me to have 3 a day! i dont want the restricteds they certainly cant make me buy them! Im honestly considering doing this on my own I just dont get the support there im looking for I get my support here! What are my options if i start doing this on my own is it cheaper? Right now im paying 90 a week!!!!
Sounds like you made great choices! I too, miss fruit and the occasional glass of wine. If a bit of that was allowed this would be the perfect diet! I just finished week 8. I have made a few changes - like starting phase II a little earlier and am still finding that I'm losing weight at a decent clip. I also have made a few substitutions and plan on doing more of those. Soy nuts are very cheap compared to those sold at the clinic and were the first thing I subbed out. I plan on doing more of this as it is a lot cheaper.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #80  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Hey guys. Had an OK day today. I think I overdid it on my supper veggies tho... 3 med pickles and broccoli. I don't measure my broccoli but I feel like it was a bit too much. My tuna salad was good though. I was going to have crab salad tomorrow but it has waaaay too much salt for before WI. I'll already have some water retention due to TOM so I wanna watch my salt intake tomorrow.
Looks like everyone is doing great!! Keep it up xox
Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #81  
RockinRosie

S/C/G: 169/144/130

Height: 5"5

Hello everyone.........it's been quite some time since I have been on and just wanted to check in with everyone..........so great to catch up on everybody's positive experiences!
Jackie....it's such a wonderful feeling to be able to get into the "small box", I think many of us have those around the house....I know I kept clothes from pre-pregnancy through my college years. I have managed to get into some items and it gives me a boost for sure Super awesome girl!!!

Well a little update about myself: Went and had my tonsils removed 10 days ago at age 30 and let me tell you I would never wish it upon anybody. Couldn't drink water barely and basically have been starving. Don't think I can look at raspberry jello IP ever again and I'll be glad to never see another popsicle.......still managed to get a little off track though......had ichiban one day and little bit of good ol Kraft Dinner another day because I was sooooooooooo hungry!!!!!! Have been back on track though for two days.......mainly soft fish and eggwhites for protein and mushy veggies. Have lost a total of 26 lbs since September 17 and only 14 to go.
With the Xmas season around the bend am going to need all the willpower to say no to the Christmas cheer and goodies.
Sending out positive energy and strength to you all
Happy Holidays
Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #82  
Started IP 11/16/2010

S/C/G: 223/181/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Hello, my name is Pat and I am brand new to IP. This is day one for me. I have been started on the Alternative Protocol for week one due to a couple of medical conditions. I am so inspired by you all.
Does anyone have advice for the Alternative Plan? It just has a few more choices added than the regulard IP protocol.
I can't wait to share some of my successes with you.
Aloha Pat! (hawndragon) Are you from Hawaii as well?
Sorry, I can't help you with the Alternative Protocol but, I'm sure there's lots of people on here that can help. I just wanted to say, "Aloha" and welcome to the bestest site ever!! I too just started a few weeks ago. Nov. 16th to be exact. I have lost 17.4 pounds so far and I'm looking forward to losing a whole lot more. The IP program has been a life saver and I know it will be for you as well. Be strong and it will go by fast.

One for every 5 pounds lost...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #83  
Started IP 11/16/2010

S/C/G: 223/181/125

Height: 5'2"

So, I had my third WI today. I lost 3 lbs. wooot! woot! I know it's not alot but it's something. I didn't cheat at all but, somehow I gained an 1/2 an inch on my waist I may have been bloated? i dunno. Has anyone had that result. I lost 3 pounds and I lost inches in my thighs and arms but my waist and hip, I gained 1/2 an inch? A bit confused.. But still happy.

One for every 5 pounds lost...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #84  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
Carla I tried your g'mas recipe - delish!!! I used 1/2 C WF Ketchup instead of the BBQ sauce & I added a pack of the salt & vinigar crips crushed up to see if it would hold it together better (And I dont care for them plain and needed to use them up) - It didnt (lol) but it sure tasted good! It almost tasted like sheperds pie without the potatoe!!! (which I have also been craving!) mmmmmm.....will be added to the rotation for sure!! Thanks again!
I am so glad you liked it. Even more happy that it filled in for a craving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop in for a quick hello. I usually don't get to read the threads until nighttime, and by then there have been so many posts, it's hard to reply back to each of them. So, I usually don't reply back to them because I don't want to be unfair and not reply back to all of them because I would feel bad! However, I still want to stay apart of this wonderful community, and wanted you all to know that I usually get to read most posts (in the daily thread) and my thoughts are with you when something is going wrong (and when things are going well!). Take care!
Don't if you can't respond to everyone. There are a large number of us and we can all work to take care of each other. Please, do what you can, even if that is to just let us know how YOU are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglycold View Post
I have a question. I've been on the plan since the end of October and I've lost 18 lbs which is awesome. Everyone has been talking about being in Ketosis and I never was sure if I was or not. I bought some ketostix and found it isn't showing anything above negative. Any idea on why I'm still losing and not in ketosis. Thanks for the input.
HMMM... what have you had to eat or drink in the past 48 hours.... All of it big or small.

If you are very hydrated it will not show accurately. If you are getting too much protein, it may not show. If you are exercising or doing anything that can cause you to sweat a lot or breath hard might be causing you to get rid of ketone in one of those ways. Ketostix only read ketone elimination in urine. They do not tell what is happening in the blood, sweat or, breath.

If you are not losing, I would worry. However, if you are not craving, not very hungry and losing, my guess is the stix are out of date or in some other way wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Someone told me that when you take antibiotics your body retains water and you don't lose weight?

Truth or false?

I welcome all answers!!

Thanks!
L
It depends on the formulation. For some, it is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie404 View Post
So I'm kind of having a "wanting to eat" kind of night. I had some WF chocolate dip and caramel dip to try and fix my sweet craving, and then too many Altoid smalls (zero carbs, sweetened with sucralose--this is for a serving size of 1 though). I just had a low sodium pickle to try and curb the cravings, and now I'm having another cup of herbal tea (with a tiny bit of sugar free 4C lemonade mix *sweetened with splenda* as a sweetener). Although I am able to say "no" to my cravings (something I couldn't do before I got the sugar out of my system), I still have cravings quite a bit. That's one of the things I really don't like about this diet--the fact that we are COMPLETELY restricted/deprived from almost everything, and not learning yet how to deal with cravings by having small portions in a moderate fashion. But I understand that this phase isn't forever, and just want to be done with losing and finish off losing my weight, so that is why I stick with IP and hope that I soon get back to losing a few pounds per week as opposed to being in this plateau. So anyway, I figured posting might help me stop thinking about food and forget about my cravings. Let's hope so!
I hope the writing worked. I am sorry to hear you are hungry. It does happen. I understand that. It usually passes. Let us know how you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Hello, my name is Pat and I am brand new to IP. This is day one for me. I have been started on the Alternative Protocol for week one due to a couple of medical conditions. I am so inspired by you all.
Does anyone have advice for the Alternative Plan? It just has a few more choices added than the regulard IP protocol.
I can't wait to share some of my successes with you.

I can't speak about the alternative protocol. I know there are those that have used it and done very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Whooo Hooo! Down another 2.6 lbs today making a total of 24 lbs in 8 weeks. Onto my next mini goal of getting into the 60's before Christmas.
Also...just one lb to go to meet the 15 lbs by Christmas challenge.
IP works and is worth it!
Congratulations!!! Keep it up! That would be such and exciting thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post

Carla, I believe that Couts is a guy - I think he mentioned that in the Intro to IP members thread.
OH MY!! That can't be good! I didn't realize. Now the numbers make so much sense! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I had an NSV of my own today at work - there is a neuro monitoring tech that occasionally does monitoring in our surgeries. I hadn't seen her in at least a month and a half until we did two cases together today. We were talking for a while when she stops me and ask me if I have lost a ton of weight. I told her that I had and how much I had lost so far. She told me that it took her a while to realize it was me when she saw me in the hallway. :-)

I was so completely blown away by that! When I look in the mirror, I just don't see the changes as much (probably because I look myself in the mirror every day) and to hear that from someone who doesn't even know that I am on a diet meant a lot.

I went to the store today and bought Stevia. :-) That is some expensive stuff! But I'm looking forward to having my legal jello jigglers (stupid Splenda...).
WOW! That is a real compliment. It took me quite awhile to catch up with my weight loss. I kept seeing the "me" I always saw for a very long time. Yes, stevia can be very expensive. It is also very sweet. It is not a 1 tsp equals 1tsp type of product. You can use SOOOO much less. be very careful how much you put into something. The first time I used it I ruined my rhubarb because I used a little that was still too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlseward View Post
I'm a little nervouse to ask my coach why she recomended it? She said no more than five days because it's hard on the body. She said any packet five times a day and if i wanted I could have some iceburg lettuce. I also maintained water and vitamins but that was it.
I found that it was easier to follow vs the regular? not sure why. My regular everyday is what you have for boot camp? I'm not eating any restricted vegies, I have the occasional speggettie or chillie. none of the bars or anything. I mainly dring the chocolate, strawberrie cappachinio and vanilla puddings made into a shake.
Yes. Your regular everyday is bootcamp. The real program allows for restricted foods from day one. It allows occasional vegetables from day one. It has been found some people can lose well and stick to the boot camp everyday so, many coaches are using it as the everyday program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
Ok, I am not getting this bootcamp thing. From what you explained Carla that is the normal protocol that I am on already.??? Am I doing something wrong?
Nope!... It is just what people do. You don't have to be that rigid all the time. I didn't know it either when I was first on phase 1. I thought I couldn't ever have occasional veggies and couldn't have any restricted. I lost well. I nearly died of hunger a few times but, I did ok! The truth was, I could have had some occasional veggies and some occasional restricted bars and I still would have been on phase 1. It is not absolutely necessary to be rigid and very very low carb to succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
I had my WI tonight as well and (drum roll please!) I have officially arrived in Onederland!!!!

YOU DID IT!!! Way to go! Did you just stare at the number for a minute? I couldn't stop getting on and off. I was so excited!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #85  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Good morning! Rise and Shine.

The new daily thread is now open. Please multi-quote any responses from this thread. Then, cut and paste your responses in the new thread.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 Daily Chat
Old 12-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
CarlaI posted this message in your progress photos today.

Carla,
I was just looking at your pictures and I just have to say, WOW!!!!!. How did you get your arms so slim and tone.? That is my biggest problem area. I know everyone is different but I really would like to do the same workout you do. You look fabulous!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #87  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

closed
Closed Thread