It is ALL ABOUT the Wizard today!!!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Okay, so I am super excited about the Harry Potter release tonight in the U.S and YES... I am going to the midnight premier!

For those of you who think I am crazy to be in line at midnight, just have this to say: Don't knock it 'til you try it!
    The fans at a midnight there are not there by accident, so the oohs and aahs, the gasps, cheers, boos and claps are louder and more intense, so you really feel the movie.
    If you want to sit quietly, and contemplate the movie on your own, and can't stand talking during the movie, then Tuesday afternoon is the time for you.
    But if you want to really get into a movie, catch a nap and stay up late... You won't regret it!

Also, I am 38 and I now have a passionate love of reading, thanks to Harry Potter. I was not a reader in my youth, or even earlier adulthood. I was told to read it, and have not looked back. I have since expanded to "adult" books and even some of the classics, but I owe it to Harry and his wonderful friends!

They will always hold a very special place in my heart :-)
  • yaaay! i can't wait. I'm skipping the midnight premier this time, but only because it just happens to be convenient for me. i'm going on monday afternoon.

i have gone to two of the mightnight movie openings though, and you're right they are pretty magical. i went to the first one and there were a ton of kids dressed up for it and everything- i felt a little old and out of place, but now i just don't care.

i also went to the midnight book release party and barnes & noble for the last book and it was a blast!!
  • I'll be there tooo!!!!! I can't wait!
  • I really want to go at midnight, but I will never make it through work tomorrow if I try. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow night.
  • I would love to hit the midnight release but can't because there is no way I'd be able to make it through work tomorrow!! However, I choose to believe that the fact that Harry Potter is being released on my birthday is a cosmic "happy birthday" to me and we will be going to see it tomorrow after work!!
  • I'm excited!! and I'm jealous of those of you going to the midnight premiere!! I've done midnight premieres before, I think they are sooo fun This time I am not able to go, but I am very excited to see it this weekend!!
  • SUNSHINE73 - It absolutely is!!! Happy Birthday!
    I will be heading out in a couple of hours, and can't wait!! I promise I will NOT be giving any spoilers in the morning.
  • I just got home!! I cannot believe how amazing it was!!! We're going to go see it again in IMAX.
  • I won't be at the midnight showing, but I am so looking forward to seeing it. I am also glad that they broke the last book up into two movies instead of trying to cram all that action into one.
  • Happy birthday indeed!

also not to be a super nerdy nerdy nerd - but Harry and I have the EXACT same birthday down to the year 7/31/80 and I think that freaking rocks!
  • It was TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!! No spoilers... promise
    I just wanted to say that it was totally worth the wait last night. I am glad they broke up the last book, and I think it was definitely one of the better movies. I am already excited for the next one!

Shopaholic - I, too will probably be watching it in IMAX as well. I LOVED it!
  • Lizziep. THAT IS SOOO COOL! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!
  • We watched it in XD (extreme digital), which some say is better than IMAX. The screen is HUGE!! But we're still going to check it out on IMAX tomorrow. Mostly, we just want an excuse to see it again, LOL!!

Btw...I fell and hurt my knee & foot before we left. I was in A TON of pain the entire time we were there, which was about 6 1/2 hours (we waited in line). It was so worth all the pain.
  • Oh gosh, waiting in line! I pre-purchased a ticked the day before. I was going to go to a midnight screening but I would have been going on my own and didn't feel like doing that at night - so I went the next morning on my own and LOVED IT so much. Need to see it again!

I guess one of the good things about living in New Zealand is that we got the film first! We may be behind on other things, but we're ahead in the date/time scheme of things. I kind of love that we got the film before other countries.
  • I'm going in an hour. Irrationally excited!