Introductions to those of us on Ideal Protein

You're on Page 13 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Gee, you've done really well. And I'll bet you continue. Very best of luck.
    Thank you. I saw something from you before, somewhere else on 3 chicks. Your info about your animals was fun. It's interesting talking to someone from Germany!
  • Just want to say welcome to everyone who has joined this amazing list of folks and thank you for your stories! I started IP Oct 24 2010 and have lost 30lbs. I'm on phase 3 right now and moving on to re-introducing healthy carbs, portions and so on back into my everyday life so I can learn how to eat properly and not fall into the old habits I was into before starting this program.
    BTW...I haven't felt this well since my 20's and that was a very long time ago. I never thought friends and relatives would be telling me I could use to gain some weight back! One of my best friends saw me after the weight loss and said..."you better go eat a butter sandwich or something!!!"
    People will not be used to how different you will look because of the amount of fat and cellulite loss one can have as a result of the doing the program religiously.
    My weight was grief induced after the loss of my father for whom I had cared over the last 5 years of his wonderful life. I was blessed beyond words to have him in my life. The constant worrying and doting over him and making sure he was always comfortable and occupied, took it's toll, but it was a price I paid without question. That...and the nasty menopausal middle body weight was piling on and no exercise or diet in the world was helping until I found this program. I know I sound like a commercial, but I've now gone from the most I've ever weighed to the least in decades. I have to say, being off alcohol, which in turn has always triggered my sweets cravings and not giving a rats *** what I ate when I was a little tiddly, has made all the difference in addition to the fresh veggies, salads and clean proteins we must eat. The water drinking as well, which I was lacking in before the program.
    So...thats my story. I would not have survived all this were it not for having all of you to witness my posts, complaints, triumphs along with the opportunity to give back to anyone out there who needs encouragement and willpower on days when it just all seems like crap out there!
    So...keep sharing and let's all get there together.
  • Quote: So...keep sharing and let's all get there together.
  • Quote: Thank you. I saw something from you before, somewhere else on 3 chicks. Your info about your animals was fun. It's interesting talking to someone from Germany!
    I'm not sure where you are but I'll bet I'm closer to you in Germany than I was when I lived in Hawai'i -- a few short, dark, cold days ago. And, I'm really glad to be here. To the point, yours is one of those signature name I wish people would write about in the How I Got My Signature Name thread. I love it.
  • Quote: ok, let me start by saying that i have never been thin. in high school i weighed around 160/170ish, which, in retrospect,looked ok because of my height and they way i carry it, but i hated my body then. in college i got up to around 190 and maintained that weight as a bartender. when i quit bartending and became an accountant, i put on about 20 lbs from sitting at a desk all day. a few years later i sold my car and moved to san francisco. i was walking to work every day and walking all around the city. needless to say, i dropped about 20 lbs. last year, my office closed down and i started working from my home office. i was working out and calorie counting this time last year to combat the sedentary lifestyle weight gain. that went great until my right knee got really swollen. my doctor told me that i have patellar tendonitis and that i should stop going to the gym. what a terrible
    recommendation! i put on about 35 lbs since june of 2010!

in march of this year i will turn 30. it has been my goal since 25 to quit smoking for good before 30. i quit in november of 2010. i also thought it might be a good idea to quit drinking for a while (just to see how productive i could be). since i have already accomplished both of those goals, i figured i would go for the hardest one. i spent my 20s hating my appearance, being shy, not dating (for the most part), and having terrible self esteem. i want my 30s to be amazing. i want to do everything that i was too afraid to do in my 20s. i am doing IP because i want to take care of myself. i want better health. i want my knee problem to get better. i want to date and have fun. i want to be able to go camping and swimming with my friends. i want to ride my bike across the golden gate bridge and up through the Marin hills. i want to like the way i look, and more importantly, like who i am. IP is the first step in the right direction.
    your story sounds alot like mine. Congrats on a new healtier you. I figured that if I can quit smoking after a 10 yr habit, I should be able to get skinny now. Completely determined and not stopping til I accomplish it. Good luck with every thing!!!
  • Quote: your story sounds alot like mine. Congrats on a new healtier you. I figured that if I can quit smoking after a 10 yr habit, I should be able to get skinny now. Completely determined and not stopping til I accomplish it. Good luck with every thing!!!
    That is funny, I said the same thing to myself. If I can quit smoking than I can eat healthy and follow this plan. Nice to know others tell themselves those same things.
  • I am 33 yrs old and the mother of 2 very beautiful children ( 4 yr old daughter and 8 mo old son). I have the most amazing and supportive husband. I have always been on the chunky size until I went to college. During my collage years, I lost about 30 pounds and kept it off until I got pregnant for my daughter. During that pregnancy, I felt wonderful (gained 60 plus lbs) and never really lost any of it. When I got pregnant for my son, I was terrified of gaining more but his pregnancy was very hard on me and I only gained 16 lbs. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago and I am more determined than ever to get the skinny me back. IP is working wonders and possibly going to help get my life back. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • Hi~ I am 31 years old and have been doing IP for 4 weeks. I love the how easy this plan is. I have done other diets before (Metabolic Research Center, LA Weightloss and WW) and have had moderate sucess. I lost #16 my first month of doing IP and am happy. My biggest problem is that I just don't seem to stay on plan fully. I find once I have ate something off protocol that I punish myself with more food. I have 3 girls- 2 which I homeschool. I have fought weight issues most of my life. I have lost 50 lbs as an adult and have weighed right around 200 lbs. I felt and looked great. ) In my free time, I enjoy baking, reading, and doing crafts.
  • Quote: I lost #16 my first month of doing IP and am happy. My biggest problem is that I just don't seem to stay on plan fully. I find once I have ate something off protocol that I punish myself with more food.
    For those three girls and, most important, for yourself I guess the education begins here. Welcome and I hope this Plan enables a lot of self-realization and a lot of weight and "space" lost.
  • Peeks in and waves
    Hello everyone :-)

I am 44 years old and will be starting IP 02/24/11. After reading much about IP and watching my mom have such success with it, I've decided to take the plunge. I must admit that I'm a bit apprehensive due to the drastic changes and strictness of this way of eating but I do know that it is time to make the change.

I am a happy house wife and love critters. Prior to health issues (spine related) I worked for our local electric company and enjoyed it very much. My real love was training horses. I'm not as active as I used to be again due to spine related issues and I was told that the science behind eating this way will assist me in losing weight even though I can no longer work out or run.

At 5'2" being a medium built woman I maintained 120lbs for years and started gaining weight after getting injured. I'm now at 150lbs and don't want to gain any more weight.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and learning from you all. Also, Can anyone tell me how to put one of those nifty weight loss progress scales at the bottom of my screen?
  • Hello eveyone. I and 33 started IP on Jan 20th. As of my 2 week check up a few days ago I have lost 16 pounds! I am completely loving this diet!! Several of my family members (aunts & cousins) started the diet last summer and seeing their results motivated me to start... That and the fact that I am maid of honor in wedding in 9 months with a bunch of skinny bridesmaids!!

I am so glad that I found this forum because I am getting bored with the same old veggies and everyone here seems very helpful and supportive!!
    Good Luck Everyone!!!
  • Quote: Also, Can anyone tell me how to put one of those nifty weight loss progress scales at the bottom of my screen?
    You have to have been a member 20 days and have 20 posts before you can get a ticker!
  • Quote: Hello eveyone. I and 33 started IP on Jan 20th. As of my 2 week check up a few days ago I have lost 16 pounds! I am completely loving this diet!! Several of my family members (aunts & cousins) started the diet last summer and seeing their results motivated me to start... That and the fact that I am maid of honor in wedding in 9 months with a bunch of skinny bridesmaids!!

I am so glad that I found this forum because I am getting bored with the same old veggies and everyone here seems very helpful and supportive!!
    Good Luck Everyone!!!
    16 pounds is AWESOME! Keep it up!!
    Hi
    I just wanted to pop in and say that today is my 1st day of IP and I'm very excited to take this journey along side all of you wonderful people I have tried many many diets in the past (as I'm sure you all have too) and I am ready to be successful. Thanks to all of you who have posted such great information for us Newbies to read and learn from.
  • Quote: Hi
    I just wanted to pop in and say that today is my 1st day of IP and I'm very excited to take this journey along side all of you wonderful people I have tried many many diets in the past (as I'm sure you all have too) and I am ready to be successful. Thanks to all of you who have posted such great information for us Newbies to read and learn from.
    You're certainly welcome. Please stay in touch, OK? And if you have questions, and you can't find answers in the Newbie thread, please ask the in the Daily thread. You'll get the most answers there. WELCOME!