Ugh! Anyone else under a T-watch from this big storm?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Woke up at 4.45 this morning with the tornado sirens going off. We're in Southern Illinois.

I don't like when they go off during the night. We were all downstairs for 15 minutes until the all clear. It was moving very quickly.
  • No! That's just wrong!!
    No, BillBE...I just looked out and the rain has turned to s***; that four-letter word that rhymes with dough.

80 degrees? Just wrong. 'Tis almost Nov. after all. Record low barometer readings in Minnesoda, prolly around the midwest.

The big weather swings, records, continue to just amaze me. Equally amazing is the fact that so many think it is just unusual, and not the predicted consequences of Global Warming..uh, sorry, I meant to say *Climate change. It polls so much better.
  • In a blizzard warning here......................blah
  • well, knew it............just had a feeling.........storm went and knocked out the power at the bingo hall..........(INSERT CUSS WORD OF YOUR CHOICE HERE!)
  • Northcentral WI and we have high-wind warnings (60 mph winds, expected to down trees and such). Supposed to snow tomorrow. We just got home and it's very cold, wet, and windy. From the wet and wind, it feels a lot colder than the 42 degrees.
  • The reduced barometric pressure is wreaking havoc on my knees and shoulder. And I'm about to make like Dorothy and get blown away out here!
  • Quote: well, knew it............just had a feeling.........storm went and knocked out the power at the bingo hall..........(INSERT CUSS WORD OF YOUR CHOICE HERE!)
    AWWWW sorry! I guess my thread may have jynxed you
  • Quote: The reduced barometric pressure is wreaking havoc on my knees and shoulder. And I'm about to make like Dorothy and get blown away out here!
    Yeah, Hubby calls me a human barometer. A couple months ago we were at his mother's house for a picnic and I suddenly felt terrible - not only in a lot of joint and muscle pain, but I felt like I'd been drugged - groggy and a little dizzy. MIL wanted me to lie down there saying "it might pass," but I just felt so awful I just wanted to be in my own bed as fast as possible. Just as I crawled into my own bed we had one of the worst summer storms - with flooding rains, golfball sized hail, trees down...

Hubby said if I ever felt that bad that quickly again, we should "take cover," or at least check the weather to see if it's safe to be driving.

We joke that one day we're going to be reverse storm-chasers - living in a rv running from the weather changes that drive my fibro and arthritis into overdrive (he experiences it too with his degenerative joint disease, but not quite to the dramatic degree I do).
  • Quote: AWWWW sorry! I guess my thread may have jynxed you

lol it's ok....i lived to complain about i LMAO
  • Hi everyone! I live in Alabama... we call it tornado alley. It has been so muggy hot today. We were under a tornado warning for a while this evening. There was a funnel cloud that never touched down here. Thank the Lord! It all finally moved on out. Last night we had quarter size hail. My deck was white covered with it. I have seen penny size hail lots of times but never quarter size except in pictures. My poor cat was running around half out of his mind he was so scared. You all be safe out there!