What @ home work outs work the best?

• I am a former member of Curves and looking to do an at home dvd fitness routine due to schedule and i am very self conscious AND id like my husband to join in. I have seen suggestions about Zumba ... does it really work? And what are other DVDs that yall have or are trying? I really need to lose a lot of weight! I loved Curves but it didnt give me enough cardio and i didnt feel like my body was getting any benefit from it. Any suggestions would be Great!

Thanks yall!
  • I think pretty much everything works if you just stick to it. The type of DVD probably doesn't matter as much as you enjoying it enough to do it consistently.
  • Oh, and you can check out this forum to read up on how others like some DVDs!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/
  • I actually get a specific channel on tv called FitTV and I love it! I can try out the workouts in my house, whenever I want, and I just record them on my DVR. There are a ton of different kinds of routines, etc, that you can try-bellydance, cardi kickboxing, pilates, yoga-tons! I really like it, I think it's a good way to try out lots of different types of workouts to see what you really like, and they are very easy to follow. But ultimately, the best at-home workout is the one that you'll keep doing. Good luck! :-)
  • Quote: I think pretty much everything works if you just stick to it. The type of DVD probably doesn't matter as much as you enjoying it enough to do it consistently.
    yeap! If you aren't sure about a workout dvd, do a search on you tube on the different ones you see when you follow the link Lots of examples on there esp with Zumba (which I love, btw!)
  • 30 day shred is popular, it's tough too! (for me anyways)
  • Quote: 30 day shred is popular, it's tough too! (for me anyways)
    This is my all time favorite, too. However, as the others have said, the best one is the one you stick with!

I would also suggest checking out some of the DVDs from your local library to try them out. You can get a wide variety for free before you make an investment & potentially end up not liking it (been there & done that!).
  • Tizzy, I am deep cleaning my house for exercise (takes me two days to do)... Surprisingly it is a good work out, I am always dripping with sweat. Today, one fourth of my t-shirt was soaked from sweating! I need to do the cleaning anyway, so might as well have more reasons to clean! I also walk a mile one or twice a week. Good luck!!!

Thanks swtbttrfly23 for suggesting that T.V. channel... I have it, but didn't know that I had a channel like that. Can't wait to try it out.