Staying On Plan August 8-14 :)

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Phase 1

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with LF cheese, 2 slices thin cut turkey bacon, 6 oz. V8

Snack 1 - celery with natural peanut butter

Lunch - leftover spaghetti squash with sauce and turkey meatballs (from Kalyn's Kitchen), skim milk

Snack 2 - snap peas

Dinner - baked tilapia with onions, peppers, olives, and feta (from Kalyn's Kitchen) over a bed of baby spinach leaves, steamed green beans with a little shredded parmesan

Dessert - NF Greek yogurt with sweetener
  • Day one almost done!

Breakfast: 1 cup NF Greek Yogurt, 3 Turkey Sausage links, 1 glass sugar free Metamucil

Snack 1: Oopps! Missed this!

Lunch: 1 Boost Glucose Control Shake (not sure this is Phase 1 approved, but I was having some major hypoglycemia), 1 orange pepper, 2 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese, 5 slices non-fat smoked deli ham

Snack 2: 1 glass sugar free Metamucil, 1 sugar free jello cup

Dinner: 1 Salsa Chicken breast, Steamed broccoli with butter, 1 glass LF milk

Dessert: Cocoa Mint Ricotta Cream (LF Ricotta Cheese, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Peppermint Extract, Splenda sweetener blended until smooth)
  • Tuesday - a Phase 1 day
    B: nf greek yogurt with 2 tbps. ground flaxseeds; tomato juice
    S: hummos with a red pepper and a yellow pepper
    L: fresh turkey with canola mayo and 1/2 avocado lettuce "sandwich"
    S: armenian string cheese; 15 almonds
    D: ground turkey sauteed with zuccini
  • Phase 1.5
    B: Greek yogurt, chia seeds, maple agave topped with cantaloupe
    L: refried beans, zucchini & salsa
    S: chia fresca, fruit or cherry tomatoes
    D: out, maybe a big salad

exercise - I'll walk if it's not raining or put the fan on and use my stationary bike if it's rainy
  • Plan for day 2 of phase 1:

B: 2 mini breakfast "muffins" (eggs, ground turkey, green peppers, mushrooms and onions) and coffee

S: 1 serving nuts

L: Leftover salsa chicken and black beans

S: Celery

D: Stuffed peppers

I haven't been to the gym in about a month...but I'm going to go straight after work. Gym bag is already packed and ready to go.
  • 1: 1 egg scrambled with 2 cups of assorted veggies (broccoli, spinach, onion, bell and banana pepper, mushrooms) and 2 oz. lean ham
    2: curry stuffed egg, small bit of leftover tuna and white bean salad
    3: small handful of nuts, broccoli
    workout
    4: green smoothie (yogurt, banana, berries, spinach, ginger, greens powder, whey, almond milk)

workout: my personal trainer has really been on me about ramping up my cardio. on gym days, she wants me in for 100 minutes. so..that. I am probably going to do a 60 min. accumulator class and 45 minutes of pilates.
  • I had salsa chicken and lots of coffee for breakfast.
    Just got off the phone with the recruiter I'm talking to about a new job. Compensation negotiations are very stressful and I want to EAT right now. Today will be a challenge, so I'd better have a good plan.

L: guacamole salad, cheese stick, glass of skim milk
    S: skim latte, hummus with raw veg
    D: grilled chipotle chicken, steamed green beans
    S: Greek yogurt with almonds
  • B- homemade cocoa soy milk (no time for anything else)

L- leftover crack slaw with shrimp and ground pork
    1/2 cup beans

D- Turkey and swiss on a whole wheat wrap, mayo, lettuce, tomato.
    Big salad of romaine, tomato, pepper, onions, etc, with a simple oil free vinegar/spices dressing.

Pre workout snack: 6 rosemary triscuits, slice swiss
    Post workout snack: FF cottage cheese, SF natural peanut butter, and small chopped apple.

Heard the bodybuilders use it.

Grains today: 2 Fruits: 1 Need to work in more fruits.
  • B: Omlette with spinach, coffee
    S: Cheese stick
    L: Salad with feta and veggies and dressing
    S: Pecans
    D: Stuffed Bell Peppers and some onion soup.
  • B-cottage cheese, V8
    S-turkey slices
    L-leftover tilapia over spinach leaves, green beans with shredded parmesan
    S-bell peppers, Laughing Cow wedge, turkey pepperoni
    D-finished the spaghetti squash with saces and turkey meatballs
    S-maple almond flan
  • Very stressful day, with an upside down schedule. I had to go in for a meeting this morning that was supposed to last for an hour,but it lasted most of the day. I took lunch, but not snacks, but I got through it. Not ideal, but legal

B - yogurt with cinnamon and walnuts

L - 3 chicken thighs

Sn - hummus and raw veg (2 servings of hummus, but I got home ravenous)

D - meatballs in tomato sauce, green beans
  • B: missed it by sleeping in!
    S: leftover 1/2 stuffed poblano
    L: whole foods bar- I had a bed of spring greens with different salads on top- all gf and vegan
    S: vacuum fried banana chips(NOT GOOD!, well they tasted good but... you get the picture)
    D: Home made veggie burgers are in the oven now... taking way longer than I thought but seems I have run into that problem before... will have mine on a bed of arugula, and I may make some soup with chick peas and spinach if they don't get done soon enough!

UM- DINNER=FAIL! lol, my veggie burgers tasted good but didn't look so hot, I may try to make them into mock meatloaf or something tomorrow... and I made the Hobbit Shire Soup that Linda posted(That I love!) and I used capers instead of the wine vinegar I normally do and boy oh boy I must not like capers! DH said "why would people eat those?! they don't taste like food!" lol... I got tired of trying to pick around them and missing some that I just threw the whole batch out... It reminded me of how much I like that soup though so I will probably making some more very soon sans capers. Guess all this kept me from overeating tonight!

Also- why is it so hard to find unsweetened cranberries dried or frozen?! I did manage to find some 100% not from concentrate cranberry juice that I am using in my water... Love that idea MMC, Thanks!
  • Wednesday Phase 1 (incorporating Belly Diet mufa's)
    B: nf greek yogurt with 2 tbsp. flax seeds; tomato juice; 7 green olives
    S: 15 almonds
    L: fresh turkey and avocado with lettuce and a little canola mayo
    S: a red pepper and a yellow pepper with hummos
    D: not sure yet
    throughout the day: 2 chia frescas made with "sassy water" (belly diet), 1 cup of coffee, 2-3 cups green tea, cran-water (fat flush diet)
  • Hi chicks!

Thank you for being there for me! I think I am slowly getting back on track. I ate lots of prunes on Monday evening and about a littre of cranberry juice. I was in horrible pain and could not figure out whether it was constipation or kidneys. I also drunk lots of cranberry juice yesterday and the pain is passing so yay!

Tuesday:

B - weetabix with a pear and almonds
    L - chicken and veg
    S - 2 pears
    D - fish pie and veg
    S - chicken with humous

Today:
    B - 2 eggs with yogurt and feta cheese
    S - a glass of cranberry juice
    L - mince and veg

don't know about the rest as yet, I think I rather post my food after I have eaten it, than before because I am not good with sticking to plans.

Have a good day chicks!
  • Phase 1.5, no grain
    B: Greek yogurt, chia seeds, cantaloupe and a little agave
    L: black beans, zucchini & salsa
    S: chia fresca, ginger gold apple
    D: zucchini spirals, sauce with veggies & veggie sausage

exercise: 30m walk at lunch, 10m weights