new here

• Hi everyone -- I am 53 -- I posted a semi-longish introduction in the Introductions folder so I won't double post -- in a nutshell I lost a bunch of weight in 2004 and regained a lot of it in early 2009 -- the details are in my introductory post.

I am finding that it's more difficult to lose the weight this time -- I was 47 and still having regular periods (and still had my gall bladder) the last time -- now I am 53 and haven't had a period in a few months, and had my gall bladder out in late 2006, which has caused a lot of stomach problems if I am not careful about what and when I eat.

Losing weight definitely is different this time, and it's good to find this forum for support....
  • Hi Karen,

to our little corner of 3FC! You've come to the right place for encouragement, understanding, friendship and support. Your story is a lot like mine! I lost a huge amount in 2004, regained, went through menopause and now am losing, but much slower. There are two main threads going every day. The Daily Chatters, and the Golden Girls. Jump in either or both, and we will help you along the way.
  • Thanks for the nice welcome, Jane -- I will definitely check out those threads....
  • Welcome KarenBee, glad to have you join us! It does get more difficult to lose weight as we get older...can do it but its slower. Sorry you have had problems since having your gall bladder removed. I had mine removed a few years ago but I've been fortunate...since my surgery I have only had pain a couple times...after eating very fat foods (I remember one was a fried burrito from some Mexican restaurant!)...but I normally don't eat really fat foods and otherwise I've been fine and feel so much better since I got rid of it! Mine was in really bad shape and I waited way to long to get it removed.

There are a great bunch of women here to chat with...I really enjoy the over 50 forum. I look forward to your posts and getting to know you.
  • KarenBee, welcome! How nice you found this sub-forum and posted. It's great to have you here.
  • Thanks Silver and maryea -- nice to be here....
  • hello, I'm new to site found you looking for information about Ideal Protein Diet. Is anyone still using that plan? If so, does anyone know why we can't have diet drinks?
    I'm 53 and having changed my life style since 1999 but have recently hit a plateau and now have gained weight. So for the first time in a long time I'm trying a medical supervised diet plan. I have 60 lbs to lose. I'm on day 2 of Ideal Protein and it feels like my abdomen is so bloated. Does anyone have advice on this plan? Thanks TakingCare