I just ran 8 minutes (in a row)!!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • BabyBoop, wow that's fantastic! Congrats! And thanks for posting this!
  • Ok we had a rest day... what is in store for tomorrow? 8 minutes? 10 minutes? 2 minutes? or.... 12 minutes!!!!!! Let's shoot for 10 and when we get to 10 we do 12. Let's do it!
  • Great job!!!
  • I started a running regime too.

The most I can do is about 4/5 mins for now.
    But I'm hoping to run a 5k someday.
  • Sounds like a plan. I actually ran tonight (it is so hit here, have to wait till after 8 to go out) so let's aim for 12 minutes tomorrow. I will evenually start measuring distance, but I'm still going kinda slow so I'm more impressed with the time. Glad to have someone challenging me ;-) Happy running!!
  • Justimagine stick with it! 4-5 minutes is a good amount of time. You will find it gets easier (and more exciting) the longer you keep with it. Believe me I never thought I would be the one posting about loving to run, but it is awesome.
  • Thats GREAT!!! I am proud of you!! I can't wait until I can do that. Right now, I can't even run, my body is in such bad shape. But thats is awesome news.
  • Congrats nice work!
  • I waited ALL day for the rain to go away. The meteorologists said it would be a quick passing storm. Nope, wet til 5. And it was HUMID.

I did three 5 minute jogs and then a 2 minute jog to total 17 minutes of jogging! The rest of the time was spent brisk walking for a total of 54 minutes and a distance of 3.5 miles.

I am VERY proud of myself. I think what I'll do next time is three 6 minute intervals. Then 7, 8, 9, and my goal 10 minute to total 30 minutes of jogging.

Then I'll re-evaluate. I love this. I feel such a sense of accomplishment to think that a few months ago I was struggling to jog a minute, literally.

Keep going everybody here who's jogging! We can all do this!
  • I've been thinking about starting to run too. Up until now I've come up with every excuse in the book. I don't have a treadmill so as long as the weather cooperates I'm going to start this week.
    Thanks for the motivation.
  • Quote: I've been thinking about starting to run too. Up until now I've come up with every excuse in the book. I don't have a treadmill so as long as the weather cooperates I'm going to start this week.
    Thanks for the motivation.
    Good for you! You can do this!
  • Where did all the jogging buddies go?

I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred yesterday and biked 10 miles today. I'll be doing Maura Barclays no sweat yoga tonight so I'll be ready to go tomorrow morning for a jog!

My goal is to do 6 minute jogging intervals... 3 of them for a total of 18 minutes jogged.

come back friends!
  • That's really good! Most people I talk to, no matter their size, say they can do that without thinking. It took me over a month to get up to running one mile in 10 minutes. I thought it was a feat but, everyone just said, "man you're out of shape! I can do that, no problem". So I, understand what an accomplishment this is. Really cool!
  • I'm here jogging buddy!! I have jogged three times this week! Yestersday was awesome! I jogged the entire course (which is at least a mile), I'm slow, so it took me a while, but I did it. Keep up the good work all my jogging buddies!!
  • Quote: I'm here jogging buddy!! I have jogged three times this week! Yestersday was awesome! I jogged the entire course (which is at least a mile), I'm slow, so it took me a while, but I did it. Keep up the good work all my jogging buddies!!
    That's amazing!!!!! What an accomplishment!