Snacks

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm very big on snacks..That's like my weakness..Whenever you crave a snack what do you grab...Healthy and delicious of course
  • Well, for me, it is usually various types of veggies
  • I'm a fan of most of the 100 calorie packs. They satisfy my craving for the full size, bigger portions.
  • Usually fruit - I enjoy strawberries, grapes, and cherries. Sometimes I will have half an apple and a piece of cheese, or a couple t-spoons of natural peanut butter.

But if I'm looking for a "sinful" type of snack, then I really like the 80 calorie sugar free Chocolate Jello Pudding. Or ONE Reese's Peanut Butter cup (80 cal) or a 60-cal fudgesicle, or a 140-cal Quaker True Delights "dark chocolate raspberry almond" bar. Yum.

I keep my snackage to <150 calories.
  • I am a calorie counter so while I try to eat healthy snacks, I also eat unhealthy ones too...within my calorie range. I allow 100-120 calories for my snacks. As such I eat fruit, snack puddings, pringles (1/2 of a small can), popcorn (100 calories)etc.
  • Mmm...I had 3/4 cup of cherries today for a snack and they were delicious!

Dhani
  • Fruit, mainly oranges. Oranges for some reason satisfy my sweet-ness and juicy cravings. I also just like orange flavor. Sometimes a rice cake, there are like these...mini quaker delight rice cake snack things and they may not be the healthiest option but they're 90 calories and they taste amazing.
  • berries and plain yogurt
    oatcakes and cheese

I don't eat sweets as snacks, even though I could budget for them, because sugar sends me into a craving spiral. Same with anything artificially sweetened - I know it can't be the sugar that sets me off but my daft old brain reacts just the same: gimme, gimme, gimme!
  • Fruit for me - these days it's usually an apple and a 100 calorie Emerald Dark Cocoa Roast Almonds.

I like this site because she explores lots of different types of snacks: http://www.snack-girl.com/
  • Here's this summer's list:

Cashews (no oil, no salt), romaine lettuce with almond butter, swiss cheese on Rye Krisp, carrot sticks, 1/2 banana, prunes, dried figs, nutritional yeast paté on Rye Krisp, sometimes with sliced tomato. Cucumbers and mayo on Rye Krisp.
  • I echo the fruit sentiment. I also like string cheese, greek yogurt, and I'm a huge fan of trail mixes, but I usually try to make them myself. Most processed trail mixes are full of high fructose corn syrup, M&Ms, oils, etc.
  • Snacks are my weakness too. Unfortunately, the more I snack, the more food I crave. So I've cut them out altogether, which allows me to eat bigger meals.

But...if I'm starving, I'll feast on some vegetables or a glass of skim milk. A lot of times, I'm dying for a snack and I offer myself a glass of milk. The little kid in me gets mad and demands, "Where's the ice cream or Doritos?" Usually during those times I'm craving something sweet or salty, I'm looking for comfort, not sustenance.

I have been craving peanut m&m's all afternoon. The urge to snack has not left me, but it's gotten better.
  • Fruit
    Popcorn
    Pizza-flavored Goldfish (not healthy, but delicious)
  • My go-to snacks are:

- hummus (any flavor, but I love chipotle) w/ baby carrots (you could use any veggie)

- light & fit 80 cal yogurt (sometimes w/ Special K mixed in if I need crunch)

- gala apple (sometimes w/ 1-2 tbsp peanut butter)

- 100 cal pack Emerald dark chocolate roast almonds

- 100 cal pack 98% ff Smart Pop kettlecorn popcorn

- string cheese (80 cals)

- red seedless grapes, regular or frozen

- strawberries (sometimes w/ lite cool whip or chocolate syrup mmm...)

- 60 cal sugar free chocolate pudding cup (sometimes w/ lite cool whip)

- mini rice cakes (I really like the ranch flavor)

I mix and match these depending on how many calories I have left for snacks that day
  • 1. Hummus and whole grain pita chips - really beats salt cravings.

2. Amazing Grass Amazing Meal - 110 calories and full of antioxidants.

3. Microwave popcorn - but look for the sneaky hydrogenated oil. I bought a pack of Weight Watcher's popcorn that had that in there.

4. Tofu pudding - sounds bizarre, but really quite tasty. Tofu, cocoa powder, a little milk and sweetener mixed up in the food processor (I use agave syrup).

5. Lara Bars - but only the lemon and cocoa mole flavors. They are delicious, the rest, not so much.

6. Any kind of Cliff Bar is good.

7. Homemade muffins.

8. 1/2 Ezekiel English Muffin and 1 tbsp. natural peanut made with honey roasted peanuts. Yum! Sometimes also put 1 tbsp. preserves.