Chub Rub Help

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Macy's was very good to me this weekend. I got several cute dresses (I heart Michael Kors) but they all end right above the knee.

I have some of those split slips, but they're too long. They're good for maxi dresses. I have some Spanx but tight spandex and summer - not good. Glide isn't enough for my superfragalistic quads (and the other parts.)

I promise that I searched "chub rub" on here but could NOT find any listing! How is that? I know people have posted suggestions before.

Can you please post them again? Thanks!
  • Monistat has an anti chafing, and cooling gel. "Soothing Comfort" just make sure you get the the gel and not the wipes that are under the same name.
  • The other day I bought a short dress and was in the same situation as you... I can't stand my legs rubbing together so I bought these nylon pantyhose that were sheer and they were shorts and only came up to mid thigh, they were sheer and had a cotton crotch so they were breathable and they completely eliminated the chaffing and you couldn't see them. I don't remember the brand and they were on clearance so they could be discontinued, but they did wonders!
  • I wear bike/compression shorts under mine. If you don't want them really tight you can get a larger size. They come in a lot of different fabric blends that also factor in to how snug they fit. True compression shorts are definitely snug. Underarmor makes some designed to wick moisture away. I have found them in 3 different lengths, short, short (which don'twork for me because they roll up) mid thigh, and just above the knee.
    I hope you find something that works for you.
  • I'm all about cotton bike shorts. They're breathable, comfy, and stop all rub
  • I use bodyglide. I got it from drugstore.com and other places.

www.bodyglide.com is the main site.

A.
  • i buy a cheap pair of cotton leggings and cut and then hem then to mid thigh! they are comfy i feel all tucked in, and no rubbing!
  • You could try my cheap trick. I used apply stick deoderent to my inner thighs. It was soothing and seemed to keep the area dry too.
  • I use an aftershave protection mist....the name is sort of on the naughty side so i won't say it here but I love it!!
  • There is a diaper rash ointment called " Dr. Boudreaux's Butt Paste" http://www.blairex.com/BLButtPaste.php like a super thick Desitin that washes off very easily. I rub that into my thighs until it is not greasy feeling and then do a quick dusting of "Dr. Boudreaux's Baby Powder" that also has zinc oxide and corn starch instead of talc-keeps the thighs dry and ends the chafing.

The “active ingredient” listed is zinc oxide 16% (the usual active ingredient in diaper cream). The other listed ingredients are: Peruvian balsam, boric acid, castor oil, mineral oil, white wax, and petrolatum. I've also used this cream/powder combo on a yeast rash that was under my tummy last summer. I believe it is the boric acid that worked to cure the yeast.
  • I use BodyGlide when I run - and I used to chafe miserably. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and have been super comfortable since then.
  • There's something else you could try - it's called Anti-Monkey-Butt Powder. Yellow powder container with a cheeky red-bottomed monkey

But for me....I've tried BodyGlide. I've tried gel antiperspirants. Nothin but shorts seems to work. Not even combining pantyhose and antiperspirant. Unfortunately though, some skirt materials/types don't like my shorts, even if they're the slippery material, and I get that stupid bunching up at the top of my thighs/in front when I walk. It's irritating!
  • I can't really contribute much to this thread, but I did laugh at a lot of the product names
  • Quote: There's something else you could try - it's called Anti-Monkey-Butt Powder. Yellow powder container with a cheeky red-bottomed monkey
    I use anti Monkey Butt Powder ;P I have found that some nice cotton shorts work better under skirts, but the AMBP is nice, too - you can put some on under the shorts! I've actually used this for years, especially when I'm working a county fair, and it's fantastic for that. It really eliminated the chafing I used to get (even when skinnier!) at fairs where it's 100+ degrees and I have to be in jeans and shoes.
  • Quote: Monistat has an anti chafing, and cooling gel. "Soothing Comfort" just make sure you get the the gel and not the wipes that are under the same name.
    This one had worked well for me. I have also had luck with shapes - a Target carried brand of spanx-type pantyhose. I get the ones with the control top that end above the knee.