NSVs we love

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: When husband says "oh, man, great butt!"
    Isn't that the greatest compliment of all! Just this past weekend, I noticed Jake was watching me walk across the room, and he commented, "Hon, your butt looks great in those jeans!".
  • I had 2 this week... one is G rated NSV and the other an R rated one....

I wore my jeans the other day and they fit me much better... they were a lot more comfortable and didn't cut into my waist like they did 11.5 pounds ago...

My husband and I have lost about 27 pounds between us... and lets just say that we found the other night that we could really tell that there were 27 less pounds between us...
  • hahah I was thrilled the other day when I took my measurements. I have hit a plat. actually hit keep loosing the same pound over and over no matter what I do,..

So it was huge to see that I have lost 3.5 inches on my waist 4 inches on my hips and 2 inches on my chest since I started in November!
  • I was packing for my upcoming vacation and my fat jeans are just too big to wear in public! And I tried on a pair of pants I wore on my December trip to DC and they were way too large. Now I just need to convince myself to get rid of them! (And I need to lose a bit more to get into any of my other jeans. I think it is that darn spreading middle-aged belly.)
  • Karen- Get rid of them!! Congratulations
  • My NSV is: I needed to hook my bra on the 3rd set of hooks to make my bra the smallest size it has., and just a few months ago I was almost tempted to buy bra extensions.
  • I threw away a tub of opened frosting. 1/2 full. I pulled it out of the fridge today as I was putting the groceries up and for a second thought, oh, that would be good on peanut butter sandwich. But no, I finally had some will power and just threw it away because I didn't need it anyway.

me!

sarah in md
  • A coworker is selling some leather skirts she got at a deep discount...She didn't have my normal size but one size lower. I said I would try it today. The lower size fit..in a pencil-style leather skirt (aka no give)! YAY!
  • I tried on an old pair of jeans today and they fit! It's Lane Bryant sizing so I don't know what it means in terms of real world stuff, but who cares!
  • My friend's 4 year old daughter said to me today "Melissa I think you left your face in the dryer too long cuz it shrunk!" and I cracked up laughing and said "No Brianna, I am just eating healthier so I am losing the squishy in my face." She turned to her mom and said "Mommy, you need to start eating over Melissa's house." I was so relieved that she was cracking up laughing too because I couldn't stop. LOL
  • I really need a "yay Jenn" so I thought I'd share:

For the last 2 weeks at least, I have walked up and down EVERY escalator I've encountered.

I take the stairs in the am, versus the elevator or escalator, to get down to the metro (about 25 steps), then I take the long escalator down (50 steps) and walk it the entire way to the platform. After I get off the train, I walk UP the short escalator to the turnstiles (about 15 steps) and then walk up the escalator to the street (about 35 steps).

I do this in the am, when I am at my crankiest and at night going home, only reversed.

I have never been able to keep up with Metro walkers before (we here in DC stand to the right and walk on the left in the Metro [subway] system) so I always stood. Not any more!

I've even kept up with all the army brats running up and down.

I am just proud that no matter how crappy I feel, I've been making sure that this becomes routine to me. I want to no longer think about it, Just Do It!
  • Whoo hoo! Yay Jenn! That has GOT to feel good!
  • Jenne!
  • Yay Jenn, that's great!!

I had another NSV this week: 1. the giant pants I've been wearing for the past year are finally so enormous they look ridiculous so I had to buy a few pairs of pants. and 2. I got back into a few of my pre-pregnancy skirts !! I loved my pre-pregnancy wardrobe so I'm so excited that something from it fits!

These NSVs are all so inspiring to me, keep them coming folks!
  • I wore a shirt yesterday that used to be "tight"fitting shirt. Yesterday there was breathing room. It felt good to wear it. I think I could have wore it without my "Hold everything in" spandex!!!
    Tammie