Wii Work Out On the Beach!

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • I'm happy to see this thread has taken off so well! It's great to share tips and learn everyone's favorites. I also very much appreciate Cyndi's advice about yoga, since I know absolutely nothing about it. I will definitely check out the yoga on exercise tv, as I want to be doing it properly.

I'm going to have to try the boxing, I passed right over that!
  • Going to change and hit the wii fit now. Anyone wanna join me?
    Tammie
  • Ok 30 min on the wii and about 15 min of a pilates video
  • My Wii is waiting for half time

Tonight I discovered the dangers of Netflix instant play and the treadmill. I got sucked into a new (for me) series and ended up watching two episodes instead of the one I planned on. I guess that's a good thing

I do have the Biggest Loser but haven't used it much yet. I really love Fit and am enjoying that even if the boxing is driving me crazy.
  • So, I fought the fat and got on board and boy do I hurt!

13 minutes of boxing and the 14 minute Wii Active workout (I did skip 3 workouts in fear I'd overdo it for my first workout in quite some time). Ouch!

• I was a little disappointed because I've read a bunch of reviews of the Wii Fit that said the weight was underreported, and mine came up at 146. My scale said 141 this morning.

I had a lot of fun with the programs, though. I did all of the Games and most of the Training Plus games and all of the Aerobics, just one time through all of them so I could get an idea for what was on there. Tom did some of the Yoga and some of the Games as well. I think the kids will get a kick out of it, too. I didn't think there would be anything on the Wii Fit for the kids but as soon as I saw that math one, I knew they'd be all over that.

I really wanted to get my bubble through the river but never made it. I tried ten times and then figured I'd give it another go a different day. I think my favorite was the martial arts one. I liked the music that went with it.

What a fun activity to keep me off the couch at night!
  • Kara - I'd never say the weight was under reported I kind of hate seeing that little line every morning. Glad you had fun with it

Jenn - See now I want to go back and figure out why it isn't recording my punches. I'm still thinking about adding the Active but feel a little guilty because I never use the Biggest Loser. Hmmm
  • Sell the biggest loser on ebay and buy wii active! It's the only time you will see me running and not knocking myself out!
  • Kara-my hubby has finished the bubble thing. I am not too coordinated on this one. I bust my bubble quite a bit. LOL

Cyndi I wnat the biggest loser.

Jenn great job on the workouts.

Tammie
  • Tammie, I am determined to get that bubble through the river maze. It might take me a year, though!

Cyndi, I read several reviews (on Amazon, I think) that said it underreports the weight 10-15 pounds. I was really bummed last night!
  • Kara, mine seems to be reporting my weight correctly. It's higher than I thought, but it has gone steadily down since Saturday.

I did the step thing this morning, and it was pretty fun, but I did get messed up a few times. I tried the boxing, too, but I can't quite figure out what I'm supposed to do with the numchuk thing. Do I click the buttom with each punch? I wish it would explain each game a little better, or maybe I'm just too dense to understand it. I did the beginner's run 3 times and really enjoyed that one.
  • I didn't click the button at all for boxing and my punches registered. I did find that I could only do the jab punches and not mix it up with any other kind. The other kinds didn't seem to register.
  • Thanks, Kara! I'm such a novice that I'm glad I'm the only one home when I'm doing it. I think Jake would be rolling on the floor, watching me.
  • For boxing, it really is rhythmic. I tend to be sooooo off sometimes and other times I am fine. Make sure you start from holding the wii-motes in front of your body (like you are blocking a punch) and that the sensor is level with you (slightly above). If you moved the Wii lately, you might need to recalibrate it.

I punch about a millisecond after I see the target, not hear him tell me to punch.

Want me to youtube myself doing it? God embarassing but for you gals, I'd be willing!
  • i used the wii fit a lot and dh got me the plus for Christmas and me and ds 3 play it daily. I love the marching band, bike riding, and the flying chicken thing. I play a lot of them though. It goes by quickly and though I know its not 30 straight minutes of cardio it is movement and calories burning. I aim for 120-140 calories burned each day. I also get quite a burn from hula hooping for 10 mins!!

As for the scale, I always put my board on the hardwood to weigh myself. It came with the little extensions for carpet. I think carpet can skew results, at least as far as weighing is concerned. I would try using it on a hard flat surface, plus using a different scale tends to give different results I would use one as your reference and stick with that one. In your case I'd stick to the one saying you weigh less!! lol