What's your favorite vegetable

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • My favorite vegetable is cauliflower, but I must say that there are tons of good vegetables that I have not tried. What's your favorite vegetable?
  • Green peppers... true they make your breath stink a little bit... but there's something about their crunch that gets me
  • I love them all, except lima beans. My current go-to veggies are eggplant and mushrooms.
  • My favorite lately is a dark, leafy green salad with real vinaigrette. But I'm fond of most veggies, and my favorite changes all the time. I really like cucumber - to munch on or to chop on top of things. I like broccoli in things, but I'm not crazy about just steamed or roasted broccoli.
  • Hummmm.........

I would really love to say corn...with a lot of butter

but for the purposes of this site I better stick with my second choice...

spinach ...in all forms!
  • Carrots are a favorite of mine. cooked or raw.

Broccoli is also high on the list.

Sweet potatos, too. I like mine baked then sprinkled with cinnamon.
  • It's a toss up between
    buttercup squash & sugar snap peas

But I love pretty much all veggies..
  • Most cooked veggies I just can't stomach besides corn, corn on the cob preferred. I do love raw carrots, celery, green peppers and mushrooms.
  • Hmm. Carrots! Followed by green beans, broccoli, and tomatoes. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are even above carrots, but I try not to eat them too much - too starchy, but yummy.
  • Kohlrabi!

Does it even exist in the States?
  • Asian veggies like..
    green onion
    nappa
    daikon
    nagaimo
    sweet potato

and anything leafy and green, chard, kale, brussel sprouts. Seriously I LOVE my veggies.
  • I haven't met a veggie I didn't like...if you make it I will eat it!

Lately I've become obsessed over zucchini. Sliced thin, lightly sauteed (just a quick spritz of oil--the less you use the more crisp it will stay), & just as it's done sprinkle some parmesan cheese over it. If you haven't had fried food in forever it will remind you of fried zucchini. My whole family loves it (well, not the hubby but that just means more for the rest of us!).

Drool.....
  • I love brussel sprouts. Cut them into strips, steam for a few minutes then saute with some leeks and it's delicious!

Chard, it another fav, steamed and sautéed. I also love roasted broccoli. The only veggies I dislike are green peppers and mushrooms. So I'll eat just about anything.
  • Gosh, hard to decide.

I love the versatility of the squashes--subbing them for pasta, pureeing for soups, etc.

I love the taste of sauteed brocc. with my eggwhites and onions.

I love smashed cauliflower with all the fixin's in it. (5 calorie butter, diced ham, green onions, parmasean)
  • Quote: Kohlrabi!

Does it even exist in the States?
    Yes, of course it does. It is more popular in Europe though.