New Moving out of the 150s challenge!

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Wow...looks like everybody is doing really well.

Weigh-in was today and I weighed in at 154, so I lost 1.4 lbs in the past week. I am aiming to lose 2-3 more lbs by New Year's Eve, which will bring me very close to my original goal of 149 by NYE. I should hit 149 sometime in early January, which is fine w/ me.

I'm finally at a healthy weight according to the BMI!

Amba, congrats on the loss!

KurleQ, I'll keep your cousin's daughter in my prayers.
  • Hello ladies! I've been weighing in at 149 for a few days now so it's time for me to move on... it's hard for me to believe I'm looking at the final 10 lbs, you know? It seems like I have been doing this foreeeever!

Keep up the great work, everyone!! See you all in the 140s thread very soon!!
  • ugh been at 150.5 for what seems like forever. I'm at my parents house for the holidays and staying on track has been hardddd!
  • Woohoo fat pants! Hopefully I'll be joining you in the 140's in January!
  • Way to go, Fat Pants!! I won't be joining you any time soon. LOL

Amba, thanks for your thoughts! For some reason I wasn't even thinking about Christmas. LOL I'm a bit frazzled lately...

Echo, enjoy the rest of your cousin's visit!

EsperanzaBella, Thank you! They released her from the hospital last night and today was the first time I saw her in almost a week. She is so darn happy you wouldn't believe there is anything wrong with her. She talks about the hospital like it was a grand hotel and she refers to the nurses as her friends. She was more worried about me because I told her I was sad. The only time she even cried today was when they had to change the bandage. She required one stitch and the incision is about the size of the tip of my pinky. That may seem REALLY small but she's REALLY small. She's only a little over 2 ft tall and she weighs 20 pounds.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders for now. They haven't received the results yet but she does have an appointment for Christmas Eve. Here's hoping everything is perfectly fine.

As for weight news, I definitely gained this week. It's to be expected but I am disappointed in myself. It was about a pound gain which isn't THAT bad considering I drank three nights and ate a bunch of really horrible things. My official weigh in isn't until tomorrow night so I'll change my ticker then.
  • I have been so bad this past week and a half--I'm frustrated with myself!! I haven't completely pigged out, but I have been eating really unhealthy food (and not just Christmas dinner). I haven't exercised one bit. I've drank way too much wine & beer. And I'm still teetering in the 159-160 range (the 157 weigh in I got went back up the very next day). I'm actually happy I haven't gained 10lbs...I feel like I should have!! I try not to make excuses for myself--I don't have a good excuse. But I know that the reason for this slip-up is because all of my really good friends are in town for the holidays (and they're at my house A LOT). They'll all be leaving this coming weekend and I can get back to my normal routine. Until then, I'm going to start eating better--even if they're here and want to order pizza for themselves, I'm not eating it!! And I'm going to try to squeeze at least a few workouts in this week.

The GOOD news is that I had a couple NSV's over the past week or so!! We had an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party on Wednesday and I got a TON of compliments about how "skinny" I am getting (I still think "skinny" is an overstatement, but it was nice to hear it!). Also, I went shopping on Christmas eve....I hadn't bought clothes since I started dieting because I didn't want to spend the $$ on clothes that would probably end up being too big. But all of my jeans were getting way too saggy and they looked funny. At my high weight I was wearing 14s...and most recently I was wearing 12s. I figured I would be buying size 10...so I tried them on...and they were too big!! I ended up buying size 8!! I was ECSTATIC!!! That is a SINGLE DIGIT!!

Sorry this is so long--I haven't had the time to get on here lately! How are the rest of you doing?? Kurri, any news about your cousin's daughter?? Hope all is well!
  • Well I have not pasted In a while. I have been sooo busy being home and christmas and all of the festivities . The wednesday before christmas I weighed 149.8 and I could not believe it! I was so excited but I kind of knew that it wouldnt last... I weighed in at 152.6 this morning some of that probably is a real weight gain and some of that is probably water weight with so many of my foods being extremely salty. Today the plan was to get back on the healthy eating plan because around christmas I didnt even try to count, I ate what I wanted. I dont know why, I wont do that again I felt so sick! Anyway today I was pretty good but I did have pizza for dinner bc we went to a friends house and that is all that they had, But I only had one slice. Well I will read everyone elses news soon and I hope everyone had a great holiday!
  • So I mentioned in my last post about having an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party this past week. Well I decided to go back and look at the pictures from the same party last year--and OMG! I can't see the difference in my body so much (mostly because it's partially blocked in the pic from last year), but MY FACE!!! Even though the recent picture isn't as close and is kinda blurry (my hubby doesn't know how to work a camera lol), the difference is pretty obvious!

• Amba, I posted on the photo albums pics but thought I'd do it here as well. Your face has changed soooo much! You look awesome. I did really bad this week too! There's been so much stress and I just can't really handle it that well. December is giving 2009 a bad rep for me.

The test results came back for my little cousin and she has acute TB. I haven't seen her since last Wedneday but she will have to go for a chest x-ray and be on antibiotics. I really don't know anything else about it.

Today we got the bad news that my best friend's best friend/ex died. My sister and I went over her house to console her and it had to be one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. Upon leaving I turned to my sister and I said I need comfort food and I need a beer. We settled for medium combos from Wendy's and one Bud Light each. I'm in such a "when will it end" mood that I don't even really care about weight loss at the moment.

I spent the last four hours deep cleaning my bedroom and doing laundry I have neglected for the last few weeks. Whenever I get upset, I clean. Ever since I was a child. So weird.
  • Awww, Kurri!! My thoughts are with you..and your little cousin..and your best friend. I truly believe that no matter how hard things get in life, we are never dealt more than we can handle..and everything will eventually be ok in the end. You just have to stay strong and fight through it. It WILL end..and probably sooner than you expect. You have a lot going on, and if it were me, I wouldn't be as focused on weight loss either. I would just try to stay conscious of what you're eating in order to maintain until things settle down some. Hang in there!! And btw, I clean when I'm upset too!! But that's good--burns calories without feeling like an actual workout!
  • Kurri, to you. Amba gave you some very wise advice, which I concur with. Don't focus so much on weight loss right now. Just focus on treating yourself well w/ good foods and exercise so that you are better able to handle whatever comes your way. I clean and organize stuff when I am stressed too. At least something good comes of it! Sending prayers for you, your cousin and your best friend.

Amba, you look sooo good! It's amazing how much you have changed in a year. It sounds like you enjoyed the holidays and you didn't gain much at all. You'll get back to 157 (and lower) before you know it. Fitting in size 8's is an awesome NSV. Good job getting back on track!

CollegeGirl, I'm sure once you get back on track you'll be back to the 140's in no time. You're doing great.

As for me, I weighed in at 152.8 today. Totally unexpected b/c I've been hovering around 154 lately, but I'll take it! I am trying to get as close to my NYE goal as possible.

Hope everybody else is doing well.
  • Esperanza- well done! thats awesome to see a loss after hovering over a number for a while

Kuri- I am so sorry that all of this is going on right now! Best wishes, I know you have the strength to deal with this in you. *hugs*

Amba- those xmas sweater pics are so cute! I can really see the difference in your face you look great!

As for me I weighed 150.2 this morning whoot whoot! I guess it was water weight so I am back on track... I am almost out of here I cannot wait for us to all be celebrating in the 140's thread together.
  • You girls have me choking up here. This is the first time I'm really on this side of death. Whenever someone close to me has lost someone in the past, I've been connected to the person as well so the grieving came (dare I say) easy but now I'm grieving for my friend who is still here but will never be the same again. I don't even feel like being away from her because I'm scared I'll lose her too. On top of this all, I'm usually very emotionless (my mom calls it "being the rock") and I don't really know how to comfort people. I spent most of the time rubbing her head (a headache reliever that I learned when I used to get crippling migraines and then taught her when she had her first hangover) and sitting in silence. I've read multiple places that I should be silent when she doesn't feel like talking and willing to have a conversation when she does. It's all very confusing.

My cousin is doing really well. I babysat her and her 3 year old sister today. They were wild playing with all their Christmas presents. Santa left the baby a big girl bed and she was so excited by that, she took the steps two at a time to show me it. Every thing I read last night on acute TB says that it's highly fatal but I found something else called tuberculous lymphdentis which seems more like what she has. The particular study said that it is most common in children under 14 and often is cured by a mix of antibiotics and the body's own immune system. Here's hoping.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I truly believe that every thought and every prayer helps the healing process.
  • Hi guys, I know I haven't been around for a long time. I'm going through a painful separation from my husband and the last thing I've felt like doing is exercising. But I did weigh in yesterday for the first time in several weeks, and I'm 157.9 - lowest I've seen in a year, so that's good.

I realize my goals can't just stop because life sucks so much right now, nor can I keep binge eating just because it's comforting, so I'm hoping to get back on the weight loss track. Tomorrow I start exercising again. My goal is to lose 10 pounds before March 1st when I audition for a theatre - I'd like to be back at the weight I was last time they saw me.

I've missed you guys and hope you had good holidays.
  • Rainswept- I am so sorry to hear that. Big *hugs* to you. That is awesome about 157 though! I am glad you are back, even if I dont always talk about my struggles on here the feeling of support on this site helps a lot.

I am down to 150.0 today so here is hoping that I will be out of here tomorrow!!!