October Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 8 of 38
Go to
  • Just finished my first week on Insanity. YAY I survived. I haven't had dinner yet but I figured I post my menu now seeing as though I know exactly what I'll be having.

B- Peach oatmeal; milk; wheat bread with strawberry jam
    S- Cinnamon apple sauce; 1/4 cup dried cranberries
    L- Slimfast Chocolate monkey shake
    S- String Cheese
    D- Chicken cranberry salad (1 chicken breast; dried cranberries, lettuce; feta cheese, balasmic dressing
    S- Baked apples

Water - 8 glasses

I actually planned on having the chicken for lunch today but never got the chance to cook it because I'm obsessed with this site called smart.fm. I using it to learn Japanese since I love the music, movies, and anime of the country. I've always been a terrible learner but the words are actually staying with me and I'm having fun with it.

IDream Thank your for your support.

Ruth back atchya

Tummy Yep and it always happens during the last day or two before grocery shopping day. Gotta love it. LOL
  • shasha - Day 1 of c25k was GREAT! THanks for asking! One of the best parts is that it's my "me time!" I can't even take a shower without watching that my 20mo old stays out of the bathroom trash! I'm looking forward to day 2 this weekend. My days are T/Tr/Sat or Sun. I figured I'd be flexible on the Sat/Sun run so that I can work it in depending on the weekend plans and have no excuse to miss it.

Today has been fine so far... but we're going out for Mexican this evening. My hopes is to not stuff myself so full I can't work out tonight after LO goes to bed!
  • What is a slimfast chocolate monkey shake???

Quote: Just finished my first week on Insanity. YAY I survived. I haven't had dinner yet but I figured I post my menu now seeing as though I know exactly what I'll be having.

B- Peach oatmeal; milk; wheat bread with strawberry jam
    S- Cinnamon apple sauce; 1/4 cup dried cranberries
    L- Slimfast Chocolate monkey shake
    S- String Cheese
    D- Chicken cranberry salad (1 chicken breast; dried cranberries, lettuce; feta cheese, balasmic dressing
    S- Baked apples

Water - 8 glasses

I actually planned on having the chicken for lunch today but never got the chance to cook it because I'm obsessed with this site called smart.fm. I using it to learn Japanese since I love the music, movies, and anime of the country. I've always been a terrible learner but the words are actually staying with me and I'm having fun with it.

IDream Thank your for your support.

Ruth back atchya

Tummy Yep and it always happens during the last day or two before grocery shopping day. Gotta love it. LOL
  • Quote: What is a slimfast chocolate monkey shake???
    Simply it's just 1 scoop of slimfast milk chocolate powder, 1 small banana smashed, 3/4 cup fat free milk and 3 or 4 ice cubes blended.
  • Hey everyone. Still using the iPod to at least check in. The computer is going to head up to get fixed though so hopefully I'll have it back in a few weeks. Am still having TOM but I think this week three is going to be the last one. If not might have to give in and go to the doctor and figure out what is going on. Gave up dieting the past few days though and tried to eat extra calories to try and get my body back on track. Didn't want to check the scale today since it has been a jerk these past 3 weeks since TOM arrived. Might check tomorrow or might wait till if goes away. Anywho hope everyone is doing good!
  • Evening all,

Taurie - Truer words have never been spoken, if it's going to hurt tomorrow then it better be good.

Cle - Sandye was our resident drill sergent for awhile so we like to bug her but she's the best tough love we have around here

Ruth - Ya I would imagine that a goat could get in the way of traveling, I found a dog to be difficult and I can't imagine a whole yard full of critters. That sounds like tons of work but it must be worth it in the long run or you probably won't have them still right? Maybe once the kids are grown up and you guys can sow some wild oats.

Shasha - It's only bad at the beginning when you have the whole thing ahead of you, otherwise it's pretty nice, time to think and it's really the longest I get by myself. I've come to guard my workout time very closely. OMGoodness, another pound you're rocking it again. That must feel awesome, WTG!

Nella - yes let's call it muscle! I don't have high hopes for tomorrow either as it's my 1800+ calorie day today and I usually stay the same the next day. Oh well just keep on keeping on. Ohh have fun on date night! I hear ya, step daughters or not, it's nice when bio daughters go somewhere for the weekends too

Jenn5366 - Welcome, and most certainly make yourself comfy and jump right in.

Brook506 - Welcome to you too! Always nice to have some new folks to spice up the general chitty chat.

FitGirlyGirl - By all means! And you're soon to be in the oh so wonderful 100 land! That must be super exciting, can't wait to celebrate that with you.

Butterfly diva - Well that looks a little less creative than yesterday, lol, but very yummy nonetheless. So how are you enjoying insanity? I'm thinking that might be a Chirstmas wish list item for me but wondering if it's really as hard as it looks.

Amy - Have fun out for dinner, yes, mexican and working out could be interesting, let us know how that goes, lol.

Jessicado - Glad you popped in despite the teeny tiny screen size and here's hoping those computer ppl get it up and running right away we need ya back!

A delightful neighbour dropped by a huge bag of apples and another of carrots from her garden today so it was trying to figure out what the heck to make with it all and not taunt myself too bad with apple pie. So i found some apple muffins for 113 calories a piece, 3g of fat and that's with oil too. I tried them according to recipe and maybe next time I can try Sandye's applesauce trick and lower them even more but the applesauce I'm making from the bag isn't done yet so maybe next batch. I think maybe a carrot bread tomorrow and if I manage not to eat it all.

Night all!
  • ShrinkingAmy, I've seen you post in a couple places about doing C25K. Have you read through the C25K thread over in the exercise forum? There's lots of good info, advice, etc. to be had there.
  • FitGirlyGirl - I haven't! I'll check it out! Thanks!
  • Tummy The goats I think are worth it because the milk is very valuable to me, its very hard to get raw milk if you don't have your own animals. Raw milk (especially goat's) has major health benefits. The rest I wish we didn't have anymore, except maybe my cats Since the kids schooling is more involved than it was when they were smaller, I find I just don't have the time for everything and it can it quite stressful sometimes. We raise European German Shepherds too, as a hobby, most our dogs are imports. They are working line dogs for police officers, trainers, and people who want an excellent family pet. There is a ton of time involved in it, not just the taking care of the dogs, but all the paperwork, website, emails, etc, etc. Before our vacation I was starting to really get stressed because my husband kept pressuring me on getting a paperwork situation resolved on some puppies that we had where the breeding had taken place in Holland and I was doing everything I could and I felt like I was about to break. The vacation really helped. Anyway, I'm rambling, thanks for listening lol!

Today went very well, got plenty of exercise in and calories are good. Hope to see something good on the scale in the morning. I'm going to have to be careful tomorrow, I was planning on making a homemade healthy pizza and salad but MIL wants to have a cook out I think (we'll actually do the cooking, she supplies the meat). My in-laws live next door. Well, we have 9 acres and they have 9 acres so we're not right next to each other but maybe a couple football fields distance. It has its advantages...and disadvantages lol.

See you girls in the morning!
  • Quote: Evening all,

Butterfly diva - Well that looks a little less creative than yesterday, lol, but very yummy nonetheless. So how are you enjoying insanity? I'm thinking that might be a Chirstmas wish list item for me but wondering if it's really as hard as it looks.

Hey, they can't all be winners. lol.
    To be perfectly honest. Yes. Insanity is hard, it's the most difficult workout I've ever done and I'm use to high intensity. That being said it's so worth it and fun too. You are encouraged to take small breaks when needed (in fact the people in the video will stop mid rep to rest) but it pushes you very hard. But again it's worth it and you feel so much better afterwards.

Here's my planned menu for today. I'll be back later to post my water.

B- Blueberry oatmeal; wheat bread with jam (I'm on an oatmeal kick right now)
    S- mixed veggies; 1 small banana
    L Turkey sandwich with mustard, lettuce and tomoto; cinnamon apple sauce
    S- String cheese; apple
    D- Tomato-cucumber salad; baked chicken with peanut sauce
    S- chocolate dipped strawberries
  • Saynde running for 91 mins is inspiring! I can do about 5 km and I think I was doing well!!
    Thanks for all the weekend advice, I just have to stay focused! I dont find it so bad when its just me and the bf and baby, but when we have his kids too oh boy, smores, drinks, and hotdogs at the cabin! So it just so happened the ex wanted to switch weekends, so I dont have so many worries! But it will be there next weekend! I was OP yesterday, and followed exercises too. I got on the scale and 167.2! I might actually change my goal to 160...maybe I shouldn't be so wishful! But who knows! Have a good weekend girls!
  • Good morning!!!

Welcome to all the new chicks. Glad you joined our challenge. These are great.

Delphi congrats on the move and maintaining sanity. I know when we moved we were under the same conditions as you were, but it was still enough to make we want to commit myself for a few days.

Shrinkinggirl thanks for your kind words. Congrats on hitting the 20 lb mark!!! It is a great feeling.

Canadian Angel I have to agree with Idream. I don't have kids, but I work 12 hour shifts as an RN plus have class 2 days a week. When I have a group of days together that I know I wont have anytime for, I precook and then measure out into little plastic containers. Cut veggies into single portions and also place into little containers. That was I grab what I need and am good to go. My family would laugh when I would cook 3 pounds of chicken breast at a time, but then it lasts me for a few days. When I could eat bread, I would pick up 2 foot longs at subway without any vinegar or dressing and then wrap them in individual bags so that I had a couple of meals.

Tummygirl A 91 miunte run!!!! YOu are my new hero!!!!

Taurie I agree with you 100%!!! If you are gonna go off plan make it really count. Not just some Doritos, but something really spectacular. For me doing the low carb/hi protein there are many times. Yesterday at work they were trying to get me to eat m & m's so not worth the 27 pounds that I have lost. That was a great feeling to say no and mean it. I really didn't want them at all.

Nello Great adjustments using your videos. I had a cast on for 4 weeks last summer and it sucked. I just sort of gave up until it came off. You are perservering!!!

SW 251.4
    CW 251.2
    GW 239

I will do this!!! Have a great weekend everyone. I am looking forward to Monday when We post our first WI!!!! Let's all go red for goal met this month!!! :c arrot:
  • Helloooo Chickies!

Well, the internet has decided to temporarily behave so after obsessively updating my facebook status and checking my email, reading through all the posts on here and looking up calorie information for the trip today I've decided to test my luck and post! I know, I'm a wild wild woman.

TOM is here and oddly enough I'm down a lb from yesterday which means I've seen 205.8 on the scale.. too soon to call it 205 since it's not .5 or below but man is that exciting. I weigh myself a couple times a day because I like to see the high/low fluctuations and man is it crazy to step on at my "high" time of day and be expecting 212 or 211 like I've been seeing for what seems like forever and to see 208. It makes me all giddy.

I guess you could say 199 is my first mini goal because I've promised myself I can buy a new pair of eye glasses when that happens and I'm overly excited about that, let me tell ya. Not that I don't love my current ones, but I'm feeling more confident and I'm thinking about doing a hair/glasses change.

OH!!! I almost forgot! Since I've been running out of clothes I can wear, I went shopping last night for some shirts and I bought 2.... both an XL in a REGULAR store. I modeled one of them for my husband last night and he was like "omg that makes you look TINY" I love his delusional mind! On the way home we were talking and he said "you haven't gone clothes shopping in a store in a really long time" and then he stopped and thought about it and said "woah, you haven't gone shopping for clothes in a store since our honeymoon." And he was right. That's almost 4 years ago. So I'm feeling GREAT! Ok, before I write a full novel here, I'd better get on to personals!

canadianangel Wow, 13 more months without your DH, kudos to you for dealing so well! As far as eating, I plan plan plan. Whenever I have a spare moment, I plan my meals pretty obsessively and I'm always packaging things the night before so I don't even have to think about my meals during the next day because if I had to stop and think about it... it wouldn't get done. Usually I take about half an hour right before bed and do all my planning, prepping and packaging. I'd suggest finding a time that works for you and doing the same so all you have to do is watch the time, grab and go!

MissMallee Colds suck! I hope you feel better soon, don't forget to drink plenty of fluids and you'll be feeling better in no time! How's school going?

idream Aww shucks, you say the nicest things! Thank you! I've got some girlfriends who are good will fanatics and they find the best stuff and I've always declined going with them since I have always been afraid I won't find anything to fit me... maybe I should say YES one of these days! I hear ya about the knee brace, I hate running in it, but since I've put it on I really have seen all of my knee problems disappear so I grin and bear it. And finally... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR 5K!!! You're likely running it right now! I'm so excited for you!! Let us know how you did! And show us a picture of you running through the finish line!

Tummy My true colors shine through when I read about your 90 minute run. Instead of thinking "man, what an accomplishment" I started thinking "man, if I can work up to that... think of all the food I'd be able to eat in maintenance after a run like that!" I'll need to find that little node in my brain and make sure it means HEALTHY food and not a bag of chips and a beer! Congrats on the run though, you've motivated me to think past my 30 minute accomplishment and strive for more!

shasha I joined 3FC in July but I started my whole weight loss journey around June 16. It's been a progression though. For the first 2 weeks I just focused on working out at Curves. After that I began to count calories and boy oh boy did I eat crap at first too! 100 calorie packs of cookies, chips, crackers. I lost 2 lbs the first month and was devastated. So then in July I had my birthday and my surgery which means I ate like crap for 2 weeks. Lost 4 lbs in July though because I really cracked down the last half of the month. And now I'm averaging about 2 lbs a week. It's taken me a while to get here but it's much much easier now than it was in the beginning. I see you've started SB and I hope it works out for you! My family doctor was always trying to get me to start SB saying it's the way everyone should eat... after Atkins though, I really kind of decided I'll never go on another diet that tells me what to eat.... of course, I've done that one my own now... but it's alllll about the mindset!

Nella Thank you! I'm sorry you had a disappointing morning. I'm glad to know that someone else banks calories when they know they're going out! It's not that I starve myself all day, but I definitely don't eat any more than what I have to because I want to truly enjoy what I eat when I go out! I hope you enjoyed your pad tai!

jessicado It's good to see you check in! Can't wait until your computer problems are gone!

I think my internet is about to fritz out again so I'm going to cut my personals short. Welcome to all the new peeps and I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!
  • Good Morning all you amazing chicks!!

well its 1031 am, and so far i have ran on the treadmill for 5km, taken both sons to hockey, 1 daughter done swimming lessons, and i managed to get in a protien shake for breakfast.

thank you for all the advise on how to get my food in on the run....i think that it has to do with planning, wich i do for the kids, but seems for me i am busy doing something else as they are eating....

i think after the rest of todays sports activities, we are going to to head to the beach for the day, it to cold for water, but playing in the sand is always fun.

hope everyone has a great day today!!!

ang
  • well, I'm incredibly behind on posts but wanted to say hello! hope everyone has a great Saturday

I started logging my food and journaling again this week and though I've been a bit over, I've logged it so that has been something quite empowering! AND even thought I have been over... it has actually stopped me from going even MORE over in points (I do WW) because I am able to say to myself "do I really want that? because I'm going to have to LOG it!" that has stopped me several times!!

And though my official w/i day is Tuesday, I did take a sneak preview this morning and I still think that I will have a result in a few days. As of today it was 1.5KG lower than when I told you guys my weight last. that's more than 3 lbs! That's 5 days of tracking and 3 days of exercise so far (running). So, if that's not proof that this works, I don't know what is.

Anyway, I'll not get too excited over numbers yet... I've logged today as well so that's 6 days of my 3 month journalling challenge!