June Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 34
Go to
  • Joci, okay girl, you're on the list!

Delphi, please check yours. Is that right? Or did you want to replace what you had before?
  • Welcome Squeeze! I've added you to the list! Glad to have you! I think we're going to appreciate your sense of humor! Good luck!
  • June Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--June Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172689. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

Jacqui_D: Strength train 3 days per week; exercise for 30 additional minutes on strength training days; exercise for 60 minutes on 3 other days per week
    Delphi: Complete 2000 minutes--exercise for 1400 minutes; strength train for at least 600 minutes
    Wifey: Walk the dog for 30 min each day for a total of 900 minutes; work out at the gym for 60 min twice per week for a total of 480 minutes; powerwalk for 45 min once per week for a total of 180 minutes; start using Wii Fit
    FullSteamAhead: (Goals to be announced)
    Ja23: Jog for 30 min 5 times per week; do floor exercises 5 times per week
    Glutio: Walk 5 miles per week for a total of 20 miles; strength train at the gym for 30-45 min 5 days per week
    Gatorgirl6: Attend physical therapy and exercise as able (further goals to be announced)
    Lumifan4ever: Exercise for at least 45 total hours, including classes, the treadmill, the elliptical, and strength training
    Jacque9999: Get up to 60 minutes cardio on pilates days; start hiking or some other outside activity; work out at the gym or do outside activity on Sundays; complete a total of 1900 minutes of exercise; take 10,000 steps each day
    Squeeze: Do 45 min of cardio 5 times per week; do toning for 20 min 5 times per week
    Crazymamaof4: Strength train 3 days per week (further goals to be announced)
    NewShinyMe: Complete the 30-day EA Active Challenge; add an extra workout on all but one of the remaining days each week
    JasonsLea: Make and keep a gym routine
    SharMar: Do at least 45 minutes of pool activity each day, Monday-Friday
  • Yeah, just replace it Jacqui if you don't mind. I'm going for 2000 minutes total but keep them separate for me puhleeze. I've got my tickers ready to go. Now June needs to start.
  • Delphi, WOW!! I've just paid closer attention to your June goal! You've come a LONG way!! I remember when you were excited for accomplishing your first mile! Look at this! This was your first post in the May exercise thread!

Quote: I'm new but can I contribute as well? Would love to join! I have a goal of using my treadmill every other day for at least thirty minutes.
    And this was your next!

Quote: Thanks for adding me

May 2--30 minutes on the treadmill and walked over a mile. Ya!!!
    Aw, still sweet as ever, but you are an EXERCISE BEAST now, girlie, lol! 2000 minutes?! Amazing!! I'm so proud of you!!
  • I know!!! I just was so modest. If it weren't for you guys and our two threads, I don't know if I would be pushing myself though. I may have exercised etc..., but not to the point of wanting to really WORK for my goals. I'm gonna make it to my goal, and I hope it will be at the side of all you wonderfully inspiring ladies! I'm a cancer, so I'm a bit on the emotional side anyways, but the more we all chit chat and share this experience together, the more you feel like that virtual barrier is down and you're not on your own on this journey. Rather, you're taking it with friends! There is not a better feeling than knowing you don't have to struggle through this by yourself.
  • Delphi~ you are so right! I keep wishing that I could meet all of you ladies in person and give you all hugs and high 5's for doing such a fantatic job and for being so supportive and encouraging!

I'm still figuring out my June exercise goal...I know I'm going to keep on doing the Strength Training 3 days a week, but I'm getting bored with the treadmill and might start throwing in some other dvds or routines in the mix. I also think I might try taking a day off of exercise once a week as well...still not sure.

Why did I even bother replying to this thread when I still haven't got my goal figured out?! Hahaha! Oh, that's right, to agree with Delphi of course!

I'll think on it and be back later to state my Official Goal.
  • Delphi, I couldn't have put it better myself!! We really aren't alone in this journey! I've never felt support in my weight loss efforts like this before! And it's all because of you ladies! This whole site is amazing, but posting with all of you in these two monthly threads really has made a difference!!

CMof4, you're so funny! Lol! I'll put down your strength training since you know you're going to do that again, and then we can edit it when you figure the rest out!
  • Of course I am in again!
    My goals are:
    To complete the 30 day EA Active Challenge and to add an extra workout on the rest days (except for one day a week). I might add a minutes goal for this month again, but I will have to figure that out.
  • Hey y'all!

I just came from the June's Weight Loss Challenge thread.

My exercise goal is a bit complicated. I swim; and I plan to go to the pool 5 days per week.

The thing is that I'm not going to be able to differentiate between general lap swim and aqualogix class. I've been doing about 45 minutes of general lap swim and a full hour of aqualogix classes. However, whether I get to attend aqualogix classes depends on if I have a client appointment during the day and time of the class. If I don't, then I can attend; if I do have an appointment, then I won't do aqualogix that day, but will instead do general swim (because I can go early in the morning for that).

Ideally, I'd like to do general swim twice / week and aqualogix thrice / week . . . but . . .

I think instead, I'll make my exercise goal to be at least 45 minutes of pool activity each day; Monday - Friday.

Thanks!
    SharMar

• SharMar, welcome! I've added you to the list above! I think that's a great compromise on how to list your exercise goals! Glad to have you here! Good luck!
  • A big hello to SharMar! to the June Exercise Challenge Thread.

...and Jacqui and Crazymomma big 's to you guys!
  • Jacqui_D
    Can you add to my goals....1900 minutes of exercise and 10,000 steps a day? I may change that by June first, I have to do some calculations to make sure it is realistic. Do you think it is?
  • Joci, yes, I definitely think you can do it, especially since the 1900 min would be covered by all your exercise--cardio, hiking, bootcamp drills, everything you do to exercise. If I've calculated it correctly, that's 63.3 minutes of exercise each day. And the 10,000 steps, which is a common recommendation, will be covered by your everyday walking and your hiking and other activity. So yes, I think it's do-able, especially for someone as active as you!
  • Okay ladies...I love this forum. You guys have been a big part of where I am today. The support, the encouragement and the all around camaraderie is just amazing. Thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!

I hope I do the same for you all as you have done for me!!!