Summer salads (Potato, macaroni, slaws)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I made this over the fourth and got many recipe requests from non-WW and WW alike! It was delicious and very easy to make. I did substitute balsamic vinegar for the red wine because it's what I had in the house. I think the red wine would have been slightly better, but not by much...the balsamic was dee-lish! Thanks for a great recipe.
  • We recently got this recipe at a meeting. I hope it is what you are looking for:

2 hard boiled eggs
    2 10oz bags of cauliflower
    1/2 chopped onion
    4TBSP. Fat Free Mayo
    2TBSP bacon bits

cook and cool cauliflower and mix in remaining ingredients. 1 cup = 1.5 points
  • Thanks for the recipe. Although it isn't the one I was looking for, it really looks good and I will try it. Thanks again.
  • Does it call for 1/2 a can of the soup or is it 1/2 fat soup???
  • Hi
    Its 1 Can of 1/2 fat cream of celery soup (Campbells)
  • in search of: cole slaw with pineapple
    I recently ate at a Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant in Orlando, and tried their cole slaw, and it was GREAT. It APPEARED to have only 2 things in it, the shredded cabbage and crushed pineapple, with a really good thinish (as in NOT thick and creamy) lighter tasting dressing. Does any one have anything close to this, that they might care to share. My S-I-L said she remembered a WW Cole Slaw recipe for many years ago made with pineapple.
  • Pineapple Coleslaw
    I make a Pineapple Coleslaw that contains a little low fat mayo, lots of garlic salt or powder, a big can of crushed pineapple, and shredded cabbage. You can mix it according to your own preferences. I hope this helps!!
  • Cold Slaw
    I think Sweet Tomatoes thins their mayo with milk and probably add sweetener. You could try thinning the mayo and add some Splenda. That is the kind of dressing I would use on fruit.

Try plain yogurt with Splenda and see if you get the taste you want.

Ann
  • Do you know the points for this?

SueJo
  • Its is 2 Points per 1 cup serving.... :-)
    Sounds Delish!!!!! Thanks 4 Posting...
  • From your ingredients, it looks like it would make 18 servings only if they were 1/2 cup each.

Also, this salad "shrinks" if it sets for any length of time. Be careful of serving size.

I've had this recipe for years, using seasoned rice vinegar.

Karen
  • This is a great recipie. I thought it was 3 pts ber Cup though.
  • KFC Coleslaw Clone
    8 Cups Cabbage, grated
    1/4 Cup Carrot, grated
    2 Tablespoons Onion, minced
    1/3 Cup Splenda Granular
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1/8 teaspoon Pepper
    1/4 Cup Skim Milk
    1/2 Cup Fat Free Mayo
    1/4 Cup Buttermilk
    1 1/2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
    2 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice). This is easier if you use a food processor. Combine the Splenda, salt, pepper, milk, mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add the cabbage, carrots and onion. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Serves: 6 (1 Cup Each)
    Per Serving: 61 Calories; trace Fat (6.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 365mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

• Potato Salad
    2/3 Cup Kraft Fat-Free Mayonnaise
    3 Tablespoons Skim Milk
    1/4 Cup Hormel Bacon Bits
    1 teaspoon Dried Parsley Flakes
    1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
    18 oz. Peeled and Chopped Cooked Potatoes (weigh after cooking)
    3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Celery
    1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
    2 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
    1 teaspoon Prepared Mustard
    Salt to Taste

In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, skim milk, bacon bits, parsley flakes, pepper, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, celery and onion. Add eggs. Mix gently to combine. Stir in mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate over night. Gently stir again just before serving.

Serves: 7 (1/2 Cup Each)
    Per Serving: 153 Calories; 4g Fat (22.6% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 420mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates