June 1st - July 1st Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Re: results
    Quote:
    Originally posted by maggie jane
    Hi everyone sorry for the lack of posts but both the baby and I have been sick as well. Well I weighed in on Sunday and I had lost 1 pound. This week so far isn't going all that bad I actually did my situps and today was my first day back walking I feel like I am finally shaking this flu bug and getting back on track. I went through more summer clothes today lets just say it made me more determined. I took them downstairs to be washed as they had been put away for a while. The support here is really helping thanks guys

MJ
    Maggie,

I hope you and the baby are feeling better. My cough just doesnt want to go away. Sucky.

Congrats on losing the 1 pound!! Keep up the good work. You are on your way now!

I also appreciate the support. Posting and reading here keeps me on track and determined. Thanks!

-Tanya
  • Re: more muscle = less fat
    Quote:
    Originally posted by stopat2
    tonic,

just a thought. if you have been using weights , or any resistance, maybe you built muscle, which makes you burn more calories, even while doing nothing, which means you lose more faster .

angela

good job!
    Angela,

I have been lifting weights actually. The treadmill also tilts so its like I am running uphill. So maybe thats it. I am so excited though. I weighed myself again today and it was the same. So I guess my 1.5 pound lose wasnt a fluke.

Thanks!

-Tanya
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Monique
    I hope everyone is on track with their own personal challenges! Congratulations to those who have lost weight!

I have not lost anything, I am exactly the same weight as on June 1st: 136 pounds. I gained 2 pounds and went up to 138, mostly as a result of a potluck dinner on June 5. I have now taken those 2 extra pounds back off. So I am back where I started.

On a more positive note, I am 100% on program with my exercising. I am quite proud of myself for always managing to fit in my aerobic/cardio exercise (5 times/week) as well as my weight training (3 times/week), even though I have to get up at 6 a.m. to do it!

Monique
    202/136/130(120?)
    Monique,

Those last few pounds have got to be the hardest to lose. I admire you and how successful your weight loss has been. Sounds like you are doing everything right.. so keep up the good work. Congrats though! I cant believe you get up at 6am.... I would never be awake enough to get a good workout.

-Tanya
  • lack of posts
    well I thought that flu bug was gone but its back!!! Anyways I forgot to weigh myself today. I can say that is a first!! Usually I am so anxious to get on the scale . I think I may leave it until next sunday. Maybe if I slowly wean myself off and take the pressure off myself the pounds will come off more easily. I hope everyone has a great week.

Thanks MJ
  • Is it too late?
    I know that the month is over half over but I was wondering if I could join your challenge with a mini-challenge or my own? I am new here and could really use a goal to keep me on track.

I would like to lose 3 pounds by the end of the month. That would take me to 180.

I also want to go to the gym at least 5 times before the end of the month. I am in the process of renovating my kitchen and tearing down plaster, moving appliances, etc. takes most of my energy.. I don't want to get completely out of the habit of going to the gym though.

I hope no one minds me joining in so late!

Thanks,
    Emily
  • Re: lack of posts
    Quote:
    well I thought that flu bug was gone but its back!!! Anyways I forgot to weigh myself today. I can say that is a first!! Usually I am so anxious to get on the scale . I think I may leave it until next sunday. Maybe if I slowly wean myself off and take the pressure off myself the pounds will come off more easily. I hope everyone has a great week.

Thanks MJ
    Sorry to hear you are still sick... I hope this week is the last of your illness. Dont worry about weighing yourself.. its better to be in the habit of not weighing yourself as much. I bet next week you will be very happily surprised when you step on the scale.

As for me.. the scale was not friendly to me today. But that coulda been cause of the brownies I had all this weekend

-Tanya
  • Re: Is it too late?
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Emily
    I know that the month is over half over but I was wondering if I could join your challenge with a mini-challenge or my own? I am new here and could really use a goal to keep me on track.

I would like to lose 3 pounds by the end of the month. That would take me to 180.

I also want to go to the gym at least 5 times before the end of the month. I am in the process of renovating my kitchen and tearing down plaster, moving appliances, etc. takes most of my energy.. I don't want to get completely out of the habit of going to the gym though.

I hope no one minds me joining in so late!

Thanks,
    Emily
    Emily,

Welcome to the challenge! Its never too late to join. Sounds like you have some good goals set.

So tell us a little about yourself. Whatcha doing to your kitchen? Sounds like a lot of work but I bet its worth it in the end.

Well.. keep us updated.

-Tanya
  • Congrats on losing a pound Monique!!!! That is awesome!

-Tanya
  • Sunshine Day?
    Ugh. I am depressed. I hate my hair. Superficial I know.. but I just dont know what to do with it. I have had bangs for my whole life (as long as I have had hair!), and I decided to grow them out. But I am not sure if I will look good without them. My parents are a bit disapproving.. saying things like "so.. you have decided you dont like bangs anymore. We like you with bangs."

Grr.. I dunno if I should just cut them or what. I cant really tell how it will look till they are grown out long enough to tuck behind my ears. I have one length hair otherwise.. and once the bangs grow out I was thinkin about getting layers or something simple to liven it up.

But this is driving me nuts.. grrr.

As for weight loss. Scale has been so depressing. But thats because of a certain time of the month.. I think. I have been exercising everyday.. so who knows.

-Tanya
  • Sorry it has taken me so long to respond!

Thanks for letting me join in on the challenge. This is my second time around... I lost 75 pounds with Weight Watchers (reached my goal weight November of 1998) and kept the weight off until late last year when I was treated for Graves Disease. I had radiation treatment on my thyroid so now my thyroid is underactive. As they have been trying to get my medication to the right dose it has been nearly impossible to keep the weight off. The doctor warned me that I would gain some weight but I didn't expect it to be so much! I have gained almost 40 pounds!

I have to say that lately I have "fallen off the wagon" and been eating WAY too much. It was like once I started gaining weight, I just reverted back to my old ways. It is so discouraging because I was able to keep the weight off for over 3 years! I've just been trying to remember that I did it once, so I can do it again. I'd like to get back down to 145 (I'm 5'8").

My husband and I bought our first house last year and right now we are completely replacing the kitchen... walls, ceiling, floors, appliances, etc. It is a lot of work but has given me something to do when I'm home other than eating! I know it will be worth it in the end. It's sort of a challenge dieting without a kitchen though. My only options are microwaveable food and eating out!

Anyway, thanks again for letting me join in. I know from my first time around how important it is to have people to share setbacks and successes with. It sounds like you are all doing really well with your challenges.. it is encouraging!

-Emily
  • Monique,

I was worried when I made the transition too. I guess they were right about me.. I regained it. The hard part is that you lose the thrill of shedding pounds. I remember how motivated I felt when I was losing, I felt like I could do anything! It's such a great feeling of accomplishment!

I stopped writing down all of my points and kept track in my head. I was also sort of loose about how many points I would eat a day..I allowed myself a five-pound range that I had to stay within. Once my weight would get towards 150, I would get strict again so that it wouldn't get out of control. I think that if I had stressed about my diet every day, I would have gotten really tired of it. Also, going to meetings really helped. Seeing people who were still losing weight made me always remember to stay on track.

You must be so proud of yourself.. you have lost so much! Isn't it fun when you see people you haven't seen since before you made the change?

-Emily

P.S. I vacationed in Montreal a few weeks ago, it is such a lovely city!
  • tonic,

just a suggestion. in my mom's town in florida, there is a salon that will take your picture, put it in the computer, and let you check out different hairstyles, bufore you get it cut. there is a charge, but i don't know how much. maybe you should call around, and see if there is anything like it in your town.

angela
  • hello
    hi everyone I am having a pretty good week as far as exercise and the food part well not so bad. The baby is finally starting to feel better ....thank god!!! Now she has found a new independence since she has been sick I guess she figures she has time to make up for not being very active. It is very hard to get anything done as my husband works late. But I have a friend in the same situation so now we have started walking later in the evening around 8 or 9. So I feel better about myself . I love the baby dearly but we are never apart. So this hour gives mommy some time to get back in touch with herself and get motivated. I can't believe what a difference this time alone makes and how much I look forward to doing it each evening. So, starting tomorrow because Olivia is feeling better I should be getting in two walks every day. One in the morning with her and one in the evening with my buddy. Wish me luck !!! I should have a substantial loss I'm hoping at least 4 pounds in the next two weeks. Have a good weekend everyone!!!MJ
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by stopat2
    tonic,

just a suggestion. in my mom's town in florida, there is a salon that will take your picture, put it in the computer, and let you check out different hairstyles, bufore you get it cut. there is a charge, but i don't know how much. maybe you should call around, and see if there is anything like it in your town.

angela
    Thats a good idea angela.. I sorta live in hickville USA (just until I get my Masters).. so I dunno if they have that.

I'm just gonna grow them out.. and just see how it goes. Some days are just harder than others.

Thanks so much for the support!

-Tanya
  • Re: hello
    Quote:
    hi everyone I am having a pretty good week as far as exercise and the food part well not so bad. The baby is finally starting to feel better ....thank god!!! Now she has found a new independence since she has been sick I guess she figures she has time to make up for not being very active. It is very hard to get anything done as my husband works late. But I have a friend in the same situation so now we have started walking later in the evening around 8 or 9. So I feel better about myself . I love the baby dearly but we are never apart. So this hour gives mommy some time to get back in touch with herself and get motivated. I can't believe what a difference this time alone makes and how much I look forward to doing it each evening. So, starting tomorrow because Olivia is feeling better I should be getting in two walks every day. One in the morning with her and one in the evening with my buddy. Wish me luck !!! I should have a substantial loss I'm hoping at least 4 pounds in the next two weeks. Have a good weekend everyone!!!MJ
    Sounds like you are doing well maggie. I'm glad you have a buddy to work out with at night.. and that alone time is probably going to help your sanity My roommate occasionally works out with me.. and my bf will go now and then too. So I understand how nice it is to have someone to workout with.

I hope you lose the 4 pounds. Only 1/2 pound loss for me.. but its that time of the month.. so thats probably why.

-Tanya