MRC..Come on Over..Take 33

You're on Page 29 of 34
Go to
  • I had my WI today and lost 2.5lbs...that is a total of 4.5 on my recommitment to the program. Woo Hoo!!
  • Quote: Congratulations! That is fantastic!!
    Thanks! I appreciate it!

~Shannon
  • Hi all! Newbie here.

My mother and I visited the MRC in Longview, Texas last Thursday. I'm still in the pre-conditioning stage and I've already lost 14 pounds. And it feels great to be able to say that. I think! I just hope I'm not losing too fast or anything?

I'm going to attend a food instruction class tomorrow (Friday 17th), after which I'm supposed to start the actual diet. I can't wait! The ladies at our center are so bubbly and kind...it's a true blessing...

It's good to have found this forum! I've been reading through various threads and all the progress I read about is so encouraging.
  • Quote: Hi all! Newbie here.

My mother and I visited the MRC in Longview, Texas last Thursday. I'm still in the pre-conditioning stage and I've already lost 14 pounds. And it feels great to be able to say that. I think! I just hope I'm not losing too fast or anything?

I'm going to attend a food instruction class tomorrow (Friday 17th), after which I'm supposed to start the actual diet. I can't wait! The ladies at our center are so bubbly and kind...it's a true blessing...

It's good to have found this forum! I've been reading through various threads and all the progress I read about is so encouraging.
    Welcome OmegaJane, you are really off to a great start! 14 lbs is excellent Check out the recipe section of this forum, lots of great ideas to use once you've started the plan. Good Luck!
  • Quote: Just wanted to post to say that I Finally got to sign the 30 lb board!

So it is 30 lbs in 87 days! I am so excited...people are calling me skinny! I don't know about that yet, but it is sure nice to hear!
    ~Shannon
    Shannon - Congratulations!!! It's so exciting to hit those key mile markers on this journey!! Keep going!!

Quote: I had my WI today and lost 2.5lbs...that is a total of 4.5 on my recommitment to the program. Woo Hoo!!
    Congratulation on the loss and recommitment!!!

Quote: Hi all! Newbie here.

Fantastic loss on pre-conditioning!! Keep up the good work and enjoy your food instruction class. Make sure to check out the recipe thread for lots of great ideas to keep the menus from becoming boring!!.
  • Boy, I thought I lost y'all. We had a death in the family last week. I couldn't check email. Then I could not find where we were. I have been dealing with a migraine for over a week. I am having trouble eating when I should, etc. Hopefully it will go away soon. Congrats on all of the recent weight losses.
    Have a great MRC day!
  • sabatoge, encouragement and why I love my bff
    Hi Ladies!
    Let me tell you, I have had a rollercoaster of a week. On just about every diet I have been on I get to around 200 pounds and I give up...I start to cheat and sabatoge everything. I swore to myself that this time was different. When I got to 205 I knew I was so close to finally getting under 200. I started workign out a little more to try to move the scales, but then mid afternoon the HSN wasn't enough so I had a serving of salted almonds. I thought "no damage done" because I didn't gain anything, but then I had a WI and I didn't lose anything either. I continued to have those darn almonds everyday, had another WI and lost another 2lbs, so then what do I do? I eat THREE servings of almonds 2 days in a row. It honestly made me feel sick after eating them. I had another WI, lost NOTHING, so I said at my WI I am NOT going to stop at 200lbs like I have all the other times and gain it all back. That was 9am monday morning. 3pm on Monday I went back to those freaking almonds and then jelly beans...two large handfuls. Tuesday I had almonds and more jelly beans (two huge handfuls again) my stomach was cramping from the bad food. I called my bff (been friends since 4th grade) and we talked for over an hour about my weight, my healthy, my obsession, my addiction, and of course about almonds and jelly beans. She is a "tell it like it is" kind of person, but also knows how to make me laugh. She really opened my eyes to a lot of stuff. She knows this is where I always fail and she doesnt want to see it happen again...nor do I! i got off the phone feeling so motivated, like I did when I first started the program. I also watched the Biggest Loser on Tuesday night and there was so much emotion for me while watching this episode..probably more than any other epidsode I have ever seen. I was on my treadmill for an HOUR watching it and was really filled with emotion and inspiration. Since then I have been to the gym kickin butt everyday and hoping the cheats didn't cause too much damage when I weigh in in the morning. I soooo want to be in ONEderland!!!
    The crazy thing about the almonds and jelly beans is that most people would think "ohhhh, a few handfuls of almonds or jelly beans isn't a bad cheat..why obsess about it" but for me it WAS huge. I have been faithful 100% like I had been with WW, Nutrisystem, Atkins, South Beach...you name it, Ive tried it...but the weight comes back on when I start with a small cheat, but the small cheats turn into BIG cheats...first its jelly beans, then its binge eating and McDonalds.
  • Hey Jane My name is Lyndsey And i as well go to the Longview Texas center. lol im 19 years old and me and my mom went to mrc and we both started the preconditoing and love it soo if you need any support im in the same area, My email is [email protected] and congrats on your lose. THATS SOOO exciteing i hope to have lost as much as you. lol anywhos i would love to hear from you. so just send me a message gal ttyl bye now
  • Hey all~

It's been close to two weeks since I have been on here. I have still been having a lot of stuff going on in my personal life that I am dealing with and it is making this harder for me. Not that I want to cheat but when I get upset I just don't want to eat and I am having to force myself to finish my servings.

I am pretty happy this afternoon though. I went to WI and down another 2 pounds since last Friday. I an almost under 200 by their scale (by my scale first thing in the morning before I eat anything I am 198 on mine) But there scale makes it official.

I started on my green menu..YIPPPEEEEE. I have found a counselor at my center that I LOVE. Two weeks ago when things at home got really bad I went in there and she pulled me to the back and we Shared stories and it turns out she has been in a similar situation. She is now taking me under her wing to keep me on this program and give me a ear to talk to and some perspective from someone who has walked the shoes I am now in. I am soooo grateful for her.

Congrats to everyone on their recent loses.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyzjydO/]
  • Bonnie I did something kinda similar to that. I didn't do it daily and it wasn't always the same thing but I got more comfortable than I have been in a long time and started to not pick out the carrots on the salads I was getting and I quit measuring my portions. I've grabbed a little piece of candy at work here and there and I've NEVER measured 4 oz of meat since I got on the green menu. I still don't do any traditional working out *hehe* but after my big "screw it" meal 2 weeks ago I've been hungrier. I also started chewing Stride shortly after that so I'm thinking that maybe the gum is like a tease to my stomach, com'on, when ya gonna swallow it, com'on! I don't know but it's about to drive me nuts. The BF is coming over tonight and I told him I wanted to cook for him and he asked for chicken fried steak and the fixins. *sigh* I can't cook w/o tasting because then I won't know if he's lying about how good it is just to save my feelings. I already tasted the potatos *not even a tsp total between all the tastes as I added stuff* and the green beans which don't matter. He's visiting his gramma in the hospital so I'm waiting to start the rest till he gets on his way so it won't get cold but DAMN if I don't want something already. I baked my tilapia last night and didn't butter his green beans so I cld keep what's left of those for my meals. I skipped WI tonight and I'm kinda wishing I hadn't now since I'll have to go tmw night when I get off and the tiny tastes to get it right might throw me off the scales. I think I just barely started losing again.

I think my issue is I'm real money conscious. I have to be cuz it's just me taking care of me you know. I think I've been focusing on my dwindling wardrobe *good feeling* and knowing I can't replace it *bad feeling*, maybe I've been sabotaging myself to save the money. I've been scrimping to get the drinks as well and I HATE scrimping for any reason. I think I'm more uncomfortable with scrimping to make ends meet than eating the menu. I've gone over my budget and out of the optional things I have, the only one left to cut back is how many times a week I go out of town to see my BF and as of yet I'm unwilling to cut back on that. We've been fighting this for 2 years *that's a saga* and now that he's taken this step, I'm not going to waste any time. Too old for that. I really think that's what my deal is. Is that weird?

Use your friends cuz that's what they're there for. It's awesome that you've got someone like that to support you and talk you through it. I just don't happen to know anyone that wld REALLY understand this situation. I'm also real argumentative which is why it's a wonder that my friends put up with me!

See ya in Onederland soon girl!!!
  • I haven't cheated yet but I have really wanting to because I've been in a plateau for almost 2 weeks now. I'm hoping that's going to end soon because I won't have anymore stress after tomorrow for about 2 weeks and then finals hit but then I'm done so a lot less stress. Also I've been going to the bathroom a lot today without increasing water anymore than usual and that usually means I'm going to drop some weight. I WI tomorrow afternoon so we'll see. I'm really hoping to break this plateau because I need to the reassurance that this will work and it's my body being weird and not the program not working.
  • Hi guys! Wish me luck! I am leaving to go for the weekend to Dallas to the Scarborough Renaissance Festival. They have turkey legs there, so that is my hope and I guess i will take a couple of HNS in my bag. I am really feeling fat these last couple of days. I haven't weighed since Monday, and i had lost 4 lbs, but you know how you have days where you feel it, and days where you just dont?? I am not discouraged, exactly, but, I don't know, I just am a little tired.. I will let you know how it goes..
  • Coming Back
    Ok, well I feel like somewhat of an idiot. Went off plan a few weeks ago; posted that I was quitting MRC and it just wasn’t for me. Well, wanted to go back to calorie counting and just can’t seem to keep my eating under control now. I lost about 50lbs on my own before, but can’t seem to get back into it this time. The main gripe I had with MRC is the lack of flexibility. I sometimes feel that I need to grab a cheeseburger if I’m in a hurry and just count that into my daily calorie allowance. I could do it before, but it is really hard now. So I called my center last night and I am going back in today to weigh in and get back OP. Wish me luck!
  • Quote: Ok, well I feel like somewhat of an idiot. Went off plan a few weeks ago; posted that I was quitting MRC and it just wasn’t for me. Well, wanted to go back to calorie counting and just can’t seem to keep my eating under control now. I lost about 50lbs on my own before, but can’t seem to get back into it this time. The main gripe I had with MRC is the lack of flexibility. I sometimes feel that I need to grab a cheeseburger if I’m in a hurry and just count that into my daily calorie allowance. I could do it before, but it is really hard now. So I called my center last night and I am going back in today to weigh in and get back OP. Wish me luck!
    Good luck! One thing they told me in my food instruction was that it's not that you can't have the bad foods or off program you can have them you just won't lose weight as fast if you do. That's really helped me when I see my friends eating mozzarella sticks and fried chicken I just remind myself that I can eat those foods but how will I feel after I do? So far the answer has always been I will probably feel physically sick and I will feel guilty and off emotionally. I don't know if that will help you or not but if you can get to the point where you can say that cheeseburger looks and smells delicious but I don't want to eat it then I think you'll find the plan really works for you.

On another note I weighed myself this morning and I lost weight! I broke 175 which makes me very happy - I was actually dancing around after I got off the scale. So hopefully this means my 10 day plateau is finally over.
  • My home scales have been stuck at 194 for the last two weeks and they broke yesterday morning to 193 and this morning to 191.5 so I don't know how much I'll show tonight when I go in but I'm hoping it's like 3 or something!