MRC..Come on Over..Take 33

You're on Page 26 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I also make Cheese & broccoli soup as often as possible for my lunch. It's my fav and there is no meat in it so it's fast and easy to make.
    To make prep quicker, I would buy the big packs of chicken breasts at Sam's and then freeze them in individual baggies with the marinade already in them.
    What is the recipe for the cheese & broccoli soup, or is it in the MRC cookbook?
    What did you marinade your chicken in?
    Thanks so much for all of your advice! I have been on the program for a little over a week & I got to sign the 10 lb board on Friday!
  • HI Everyone,
    So I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm on the green menu, I just started this Thursday, and as of right now I have no idea where my menu went!!! I always lose everything!!I was wondering/hoping if someone could just give me a brief overview of what food groups to eat. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! And thanks for this beforehand!!!!
  • Good Morning everyone. I had my weigh in yesterday and was down 2.5 for the week 4.5 since I started MRC. I am so excited to see the scales move downward instead of constantly going up. I had a different counselor who really explained the meta balance menu. The other one had told me I HAD to eat everything including the snacks which was just too much. The one yesterday told me to focus on the meals and the HNS because the meta balance was geared more toward caloric intake. Whew what a relief. I feel more confident that I made the right choice by joining MRC now.

Hope everyone has a blessed Easter.
  • Quote: I started the program 2 weeks ago today. I've lost 8 1/2 pounds so far but I'm in a plateau right now. I think it's because 1) I have a presentation and 3 tests next week and I'm really stressed. I haven't eaten any off program foods but I have eaten a little more than I should've. I ate 3/4 cup of blueberries at lunch instead of 1/2 cup. I'm just hoping that the plateau will go away at the end of the week when I'm a lot less stressed. My scale at home has tenths of a pound so I have lost a little every day like four tenths of a pound but nothing big. I'm just wondering if people see a big loss after a plateau or does it just go back to being fairly steady?

I have been on the program 3 times and this time (last time ) I was given a handout about Plateaus and weight loss...this alone helped me realize that the weight does not come off in a straight line...it comes off more irregular "zizzaz" line. So on day 10 to 18 I just sat at a Plateau...then on day 19 I lost 4 pounds and another 2 the next WI. I plateau periodically...and know that it will pass as my body adjust to the weight loss. This is the difference I am experiencing this time around on the program. Before I would get so upset and question "why was I spending this money" on a program that wasn't working. Now I know if I keep on going the plateaus will pass.
  • Congrats
    Quote: Surprise for me today.....I hit my goal!! I had a 2.5 lb. loss again this week so that put me right at my goal My scale didn't show that this morning, but I'll take it anyway! It's hard to believe it's almost been 7 months since I started!

Welcome to all the newbies....keep posting! It inspires me to keep going when I hear all the excitement you all have when those big drops happen in the beginning!

For those of you struggling with plateaus.....keep on keepin on! We all hit them and they stink...but that's just part of the process. You'll keep losing if you stick with it through the hard times and stay on program! You can do it!!
    Congratulations! I am very happy for you!
  • Quote: Surprise for me today.....I hit my goal!! I had a 2.5 lb. loss again this week so that put me right at my goal My scale didn't show that this morning, but I'll take it anyway! It's hard to believe it's almost been 7 months since I started!

Welcome to all the newbies....keep posting! It inspires me to keep going when I hear all the excitement you all have when those big drops happen in the beginning!

For those of you struggling with plateaus.....keep on keepin on! We all hit them and they stink...but that's just part of the process. You'll keep losing if you stick with it through the hard times and stay on program! You can do it!!
    Congrats! YOU are awesome!
  • A huge congratulations to keepinonandon
    I think its fantastic that you hit goal weight. I have been reading everyones wonderful accomplishments and things its amazing. And I will say it is great to see someone make the final jump into goal. I am glad to have all the support that I found on 3FC's. Its helped me more than anything else has. I hit my half way mark on Saturday and know I can hang in here for the duration. Once again, thank you to everyone for your support, even though you might know just how wonderful it is to hear from each and every one of you! Huggers
  • Thanks so much! It makes total sense. If you can go off and right back on it may be ok to have a little treat, but if that is hard don't do it. I feel like holidays will get easier the longer I am on the program. Right now in the first week or so I am still getting on the routine....craving are still high. Hopefully those go down soon. Also thanks for the welcome.
  • Quote: Surprise for me today.....I hit my goal!! I had a 2.5 lb. loss again this week so that put me right at my goal My scale didn't show that this morning, but I'll take it anyway! It's hard to believe it's almost been 7 months since I started!

Keepin!!! I am SOOO happy for you! You are such an inspiration to all of us newbies! Your support means more to me than you can know, and knowing that you did it keeps me going through this stupid plateau. Today is four weeks since i started pre-cond. I am sitting on a flippin plateau that just does not seem fair! My counselor swears it is a good thing and that if i just keep going I will go down a chunk next time, but boy, oh boy, is it hard!!Did you have a lot of plateaus, and how long did you stay on them??
    Again, CONGRATS to you!!! YAY!!

• Quote: I started the program 2 weeks ago today. I've lost 8 1/2 pounds so far but I'm in a plateau right now. I think it's because 1) I have a presentation and 3 tests next week and I'm really stressed. I haven't eaten any off program foods but I have eaten a little more than I should've. I ate 3/4 cup of blueberries at lunch instead of 1/2 cup. I'm just hoping that the plateau will go away at the end of the week when I'm a lot less stressed. My scale at home has tenths of a pound so I have lost a little every day like four tenths of a pound but nothing big. I'm just wondering if people see a big loss after a plateau or does it just go back to being fairly steady?
    Boy, I feel you fireice! I am on a plateau, too. I actually GAINED a pound! I was SHOCKED! It just does not seem fair, does it?? My counselor explained it to me when i called her in panic. Still, I am with you, does it come off in a chunk afterward? I am drinking water like a mule, and started doing the 15 min mile on tape. Something has to give, right???? Please???? lol
  • YAY!!! Well, I did my WI this am and I had lost 4 LBS!!!!! So that does go to prove that these dang plateaus go away!!! That is a total of 15 and today is 4 wks! (since pre-cond)

• Quote: YAY!!! Well, I did my WI this am and I had lost 4 LBS!!!!! So that does go to prove that these dang plateaus go away!!! That is a total of 15 and today is 4 wks! (since pre-cond)

I wish you could see the huge grin I had on my face when I read this post!! I'm so happy to see that you made it through the plateau and you had a nice drop at the end!! I went through some later on but I didn't have a lot of them in the beginning so I know that had to be rough. That means you must have been strong over Easter holiday.....that is awesome!
  • Quote: What is the recipe for the cheese & broccoli soup, or is it in the MRC cookbook?
    What did you marinade your chicken in?
    Thanks so much for all of your advice! I have been on the program for a little over a week & I got to sign the 10 lb board on Friday!
    Congrats on the 10 lb. board!! 10lbs in a week is so awesome!! You're off to a great start!

The Cream of Broccoli soup is in the mrc cookbook on page 230 in the maintenance section. The cookbook is full of errors and misprints. I can't figure out why this is in the maintenance section but there is nothing in it that you can't have. I use sharp cheddar instead of Swiss. The seasonings I add are: 1 tsp. onion powder, pinch or 2 of garlic powder, 1/4-1/2 tsp pepper and a dash or 2 of sea salt. I also don't cook it the way it instructs. I just bring the water, HNS & seasonings to a boil then add cooked broccoli until it's heated through. I always have cooked broccoli in the fridge ready to use. Then I add the cheese and heat and stir until it's melted. Be sure not to let it boil once the cheese is in or it will curdle. It still tastes fine but it looks gross

I would marinate the chicken in a couple of things. One is just the light italian dressing from Walmart (Great Value brand)...super easy. The other is a recipe I have for lemon basil grilled chicken using lemon juice and olive oil. I'll post it on the recipe thread so you can try it. It was my favorite on the grill even before I started MRC.
  • Quote: YAY!!! Well, I did my WI this am and I had lost 4 LBS!!!!! So that does go to prove that these dang plateaus go away!!! That is a total of 15 and today is 4 wks! (since pre-cond)

Congratulations on the HUGE drop! That had to make a WONDERFUL start to your week!
  • I went to WI this morning and was down 1.5 pounds...I am excited about this not because it is such a great loss, but it is the most that I have lost in a single WI since March 19th. I have been on something of a plateau...I think. I hope that this is the start of actually beginning to lose again for me. I think my body just needed a break for a little while. I have almost lost 70 pounds, but I'm not quite to my halfway point.

Tonight I am going to restart the C25K program. I want to be at a point where I can do a 10K in mid-September. In order to do that I need to be able to do a 5K first!!

Hope you are all having a good day!