JM's 30 Day Shred: Reanimation

You're on Page 9 of 26
Go to
  • Quote: Mindi:
    Your husband is nuts to think you're not exerting yourself.
    Tell him to grab some 8-10 lb weights and come and do the shred with you. We'll see what he thinks.

Nicki:
    Maybe this'll help?
    http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/...surements.html

So...
    I'm on Day 8 today, and I'm kinda annoyed. My weight loss has entirely stalled numbers-wise. I've been at 153.4-153ish for 8 days straight... and I KNOW, I know that I'm gaining muscle, and sore muscles can retain water, and blah blah...

But I haven't seen the numbers on the scale go down, and none of my measurements are going down either. It's very disheartening.
    Awesome!!! It does help thanks! And don't get disheartened. Everyone hits a plateau at some point. Keep it up and break through it!
  • Oh, the husband will hear about it, believe me....

I challenged him over the weekend to see who could do more push ups. It was the girly kind....but I still won!!!!
  • YES!!! Power to women! I do think that you should have him do the 30DS with you
  • I've been trying to get him to, but he won't do it. I even told him I'd "give" him $100, that he could use any single way he saw fit to spend it, if he could make it all the way through workout one without a break. He hasn't taken me up on the offer yet...
  • LoL he's scared.
  • lol nice. Im about to start my JM 30 day shred in a few minutes. im hoping that it will get me out of this dark cloud Im under. I just ripped my bf a new butt hole because for the past two weeks he hasn't gotten around to deleting anything off the computer and every time I turn it on it takes forever and a day to upload.

and I haven't worked out in two days, and I ate a soft taco yesterday so I feel really fat!

• Day Eight
    Woooooooooo.
    Did it. Huahhhh. Y'know, I'm still tiiiired, like panting, out-of-breath at the end of the workout, and it's day 8. I'm wondering if I should be moving on to the 2nd level already by day 10? What'd'you guys think?
  • You know I wondered the same thing. Day 5 & 6 I was like pro. One through 10 I was tired again. What I figured was, 2 is going to be more intense and more work so it wouldn't hurt to move up. If it was too much for me I figured I would just do level 1 a few more days.
  • completed day 6 . . . I noticed that I am doing the moves with much better form and intensity, so I hope that after day 10 I am ready for lvl2 but if not its no big deal.
  • Quote: Day Eight
    Woooooooooo.
    Did it. Huahhhh. Y'know, I'm still tiiiired, like panting, out-of-breath at the end of the workout, and it's day 8. I'm wondering if I should be moving on to the 2nd level already by day 10? What'd'you guys think?
    I think you should, because it isnt hard then it isnt working. dont stay on level one till its easily done.
  • Whoo! Day 2 Level 2 done!

I was prepared for the worst after taking such a long break, but it wasn't that bad. I made it through without stopping (some slowing down, but no stopping)
  • Ok guys I hope you think I'm not being a flake but I just can't do it today, unless I do it after I get home at about 1:45am. But keep me accountable, cause I want to stick with this!
  • Hi ladies.

Im new here, but I have been doing the 30DS for 3 days. Today will be day #4 on Level 1.

I feel behind! But thats okay.

The first day killed me, and walking??? Forget it. I couldnt walk right for two days! But I am back to normal, and I'm continuing my routine!

I took some measurements on day one... here they are:

Bicep: 10"
    Chest: 35"
    Wasit: 33"
    Hips: 36.5"
    Thigh: 22.5"

Ill be taking new measurements next week.

Glad to join you!
  • Just finished day 3 of level 2. My sore throat is back somewhat sadly. I woke myself up twice coughing last night, but the fits weren't as bad as they have been, so I guess that's something.

Also I realized why it was so easy. Doing 30DS pre-breakfast (like I normally do) is 10 million times harder than after work when I've had food. But that's sort of when it fits in my day. Oh well. At least I'm getting it done.
  • Day 5 last night. Felt much easier. I have a hard time on the first cardio circuit. Between the jumping jacks and the jumprope, my legs start burning like crazy. I usually have to stop. LOL. But I did really good. I didn't feel as out of breath.

Thanks again jelb for the measurement link. I'm gonna take them tonight! Down another .5 today!