MRC Take 32

You're on Page 20 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Quick question...Is anyone taking CLA with Tonalin amongst taking all the other supplements? I know it shrinks fat cells and is proven...I took it in the military, but haven't on this diet? Just seeing if it is a-ok to do, since it is not listed on our supplements that we can buy through the center! Thanks and keep up the good work everybody!
    I don't know what that is, but I would take it in the center to have them tell you if it's alright. There were a few supplements that I wasn't sure about (that I purchased elsewhere) and just took them in for the ok. They just checked the ingredients out for me. Sorry, wish I knew the answer on that one.
  • Congrats to everyone on their losses and NSVs.

Denise you are amazing! Congratulations on making it to stabilization. You have showed such diligence and commitment and have been such an inspiration to us all. Bravo!! Bask in the glow of satisfaction. You've earned it.

Tina, I agree, we are kindred spirits and seem to be at the same place in our weight loss journeys. Hopefully we can provide support to each other. We really don't have that much farther to go. We can do it, sister!

I'm 2 days for 2 op after my diet vacation and all is well. I've been to the gym 2 days in a row now, too. So here's to a long string of op days.
  • Quote: Congrats to everyone on their losses and NSVs.

Denise you are amazing! Congratulations on making it to stabilization. You have showed such diligence and commitment and have been such an inspiration to us all. Bravo!! Bask in the glow of satisfaction. You've earned it.

Tina, I agree, we are kindred spirits and seem to be at the same place in our weight loss journeys. Hopefully we can provide support to each other. We really don't have that much farther to go. We can do it, sister!

I'm 2 days for 2 op after my diet vacation and all is well. I've been to the gym 2 days in a row now, too. So here's to a long string of op days.

YEAH!!! Good for you! And yes we can do this! I didn't get the exercise in but after doing laundry, picking up a house that the kiddo's didn't touch all weekend, and grocery shopping I just ran out of time! But I did have an OP day!!! Good luck tomorrow. I do need to go face the scale tomorrow, will let you know how it goes!
  • Quote: Sorry this post is so long...but I must go get on my sneakers...I gotta leave for the gym in 10 minutes Look---I inspired myself!
    AMAZING...You wrote your story...tears in my eyes...and...youare your own inspiration...who could beat that! xoC
  • Quote: Hi Everyone,

I've been MIA for a few days. I decided to take a diet vacation for a few days. It sounds crazy, but I just needed a break from the structure and all the forbiddend foods.

So I had whatever I felt like, and did over eat. It's interesting that I really didn't enjoy the food as much as I expected and felt pretty gross.

The vacation's over and it's back to program. I am more enthusiastic and am looking forward to following the good old green menu. I feel so much better on it. So the vacation served it's purpose.
    Oh boy...I hear you on this one...enough so, ...I'm back on plan 100%...my "vacations" kicked my booty Glad I'm not alone! xoC
  • Quote: Thanks!

Yes, get the family together and make one. I'm actually going to have my son do one with me. I think it's good for everyone to have one!

I went in on Saturday and totally forgot it was the stabilization party! Can you believe it!!! Everyone was all dressed up and ready to celebrate! I ran back home and changed really fast (I was in my sweats at first). It was great and so exciting. You will be there!!!! Thanks for the kind words, and wonderful thoughts/energy! I needed it. I'm fine now!
    Of course you are ...but, I continue to learn soooooooo much from you! xoC
  • All of you are so motivating and amazing. I have been on the meta-slim plan for 2 days now after 5 on preconditioning. I am excited to see what my loss has been this week. The center is like 45 minutes away so I will only do one weigh in per week. I slacked off a little on preconditioning but my counselor said I am not on ketosis in preconditioning so that kinda made me cheat a little, but I have been 100% on plan for two days and don't feel hungry I was nervous of being hungry and cheating, but i have managed to stay on plan, I do crave sweets, though, but i am restraining myself hopefully they will go away after a few days. I will post tomorrow after my weigh in. I made the zuchinni lasagna and my hubby and kids loved it. Little by little i will be incorporating the meals so they can also eat healthy. My daughter is 17 yrs old and has lost 25 lbs just by not eating dinner and walking on the treadmill for an hour a day. Of course, she is young and her metabolism is at its peak. But for me, I need extreme measures.
  • Quote: All of you are so motivating and amazing. I have been on the meta-slim plan for 2 days now after 5 on preconditioning. I am excited to see what my loss has been this week. The center is like 45 minutes away so I will only do one weigh in per week. I slacked off a little on preconditioning but my counselor said I am not on ketosis in preconditioning so that kinda made me cheat a little, but I have been 100% on plan for two days and don't feel hungry I was nervous of being hungry and cheating, but i have managed to stay on plan, I do crave sweets, though, but i am restraining myself hopefully they will go away after a few days. I will post tomorrow after my weigh in. I made the zuchinni lasagna and my hubby and kids loved it. Little by little i will be incorporating the meals so they can also eat healthy. My daughter is 17 yrs old and has lost 25 lbs just by not eating dinner and walking on the treadmill for an hour a day. Of course, she is young and her metabolism is at its peak. But for me, I need extreme measures.
    Congrats on those first steps! You will do awesome. Make sure that 17 year old is eating I think that's how so many of us mess up our metabolism is by skipping meals! Our body's need to be feed just with healthy foods!

Good luck and can't wait to hear how your WI goes.
  • Okay so I went and faced the music today and I managed thru my weekend away to maintain my weight! Now it's time to kick it into high gear and stay OP until I start stabilization! I did measure and inches lost is up to 57!!! That was pretty exciting.
    I had a great NSV yesterday I ran into a neighbor who hadn't seen me all winter and we chatted for a few minutes at the grocery store and when we got home she called and told me they hardly recognized me and wanted to know what I had done to lose all the weight! It was fun to tell her all about the program and to hear from someone else that you looked good! I truly don't see it in myself until I see pictures!
  • Back on the saddle again....
    I just started MRC. I went on it years ago. There are none near me, so I am having to pull out all my old stuff, dust it off and see what we can do!

I purchased Special K protein powder stuff to put in water - to use as my HNS. I lost Day 1-4, but just modified my Day 5-10 to eliminate any sodas...anything extra that isn't clear.

I recall being able to have soda and chocolate pudding on day 5. WHAT a treat that was.

I am new to this webpage and new to posting... not even sure if someone will respond, but I need support now more than ever.

I want a MRC cookbook. I emailed the closest location (several hours away) two times to see if I could buy one, but no one responds to me.

It is super expensive and feels so crazy paying so much, but MAN...it works. It has worked so incredibly well for me in the past. I tried other diets - southbeach, Body for Life, Weight Watchers...but nothing compares to this one.

If you can hear me, send a reply!!!! I am ready for success. I am SOOOOOOOO ready for success.

I am on DAY 2 - heading straight for Day 5 and I guess, I'll just make some sugar free chocolate pudding on day 5 (FRIDAY). ....or maybe buy a pack of southbeach hi-protein bars or something to replace the HNS'. I got Vitamin B and Hydroxycut (for replacement of MR6)...

I'm starting to do yoga in the a.m., running in the evenings (for the first time ever) and lifting weights in between.

Here we go...........
  • Quote: Okay so I went and faced the music today and I managed thru my weekend away to maintain my weight! Now it's time to kick it into high gear and stay OP until I start stabilization! I did measure and inches lost is up to 57!!! That was pretty exciting.
    I had a great NSV yesterday I ran into a neighbor who hadn't seen me all winter and we chatted for a few minutes at the grocery store and when we got home she called and told me they hardly recognized me and wanted to know what I had done to lose all the weight! It was fun to tell her all about the program and to hear from someone else that you looked good! I truly don't see it in myself until I see pictures!
    Whoo hoo...you go girl!! Glad you didn't gain any weight. Onward to stabilization and beyond....maybe we'll be starting about the same time. I'm staying clear of the scale cuz no matter what it seems to derail me. If it's up I get discouraged and if it's down I cheat, so I'm just following plan and let the rest play out as it will.

Quote: I just started MRC. I went on it years ago. There are none near me, so I am having to pull out all my old stuff, dust it off and see what we can do!

I purchased Special K protein powder stuff to put in water - to use as my HNS. I lost Day 1-4, but just modified my Day 5-10 to eliminate any sodas...anything extra that isn't clear.

I recall being able to have soda and chocolate pudding on day 5. WHAT a treat that was.

I am new to this webpage and new to posting... not even sure if someone will respond, but I need support now more than ever.

I want a MRC cookbook. I emailed the closest location (several hours away) two times to see if I could buy one, but no one responds to me.

It is super expensive and feels so crazy paying so much, but MAN...it works. It has worked so incredibly well for me in the past. I tried other diets - southbeach, Body for Life, Weight Watchers...but nothing compares to this one.

If you can hear me, send a reply!!!! I am ready for success. I am SOOOOOOOO ready for success.

I am on DAY 2 - heading straight for Day 5 and I guess, I'll just make some sugar free chocolate pudding on day 5 (FRIDAY). ....or maybe buy a pack of southbeach hi-protein bars or something to replace the HNS'. I got Vitamin B and Hydroxycut (for replacement of MR6)...

I'm starting to do yoga in the a.m., running in the evenings (for the first time ever) and lifting weights in between.

Here we go...........
    Welcome. I know you'll do just fine. I am no longer going to the center and just following the plan on my own.

I bought the Special K protien mixes, too. Then I compared them to the HNS sold at the center. The Special K has 5 grams of protien and 6 grams of carbohydrates per serving and 30 calories. The HNS has 15 grams of protien and only 1-2 grams of carbohydrates and 60-80 calories per serving. Because of the protien and carbohydrate ratios in the Special K, I think you may not go in to ketosis. You can go to dietdirect.com to purchase HNS similar to the ones sold at MRC. They are still spendy, but not as much as at the center. The Proti-rite and Bari-wise brands seem closest. You can also purchase pure whey protien mix to use; but make sure the calories are around 60-80. You can adjust the amount you use. For example, I buy a brand called 100% Pure Whey Protien-chocolate flavor and just use between 2-3 tablespoons which gives me between 12gms of protien and 60 calories (if I use 2 tablespoons) and 18 gms of protien and 90 calories if I use 3 tablespoons. I don't consider them creamies because they don't have milk in them. You can also use egg whites in place of protien supplements-6 gms of protien and 30 calories per medium egg white. I make scrambled eggs in the morning with 2 whole medium eggs and 3 egg whites. That counts as my protien and my HNS for breakfast. Eggs are only about 20 cents a piece so much cheaper than the HNS and a lot less chemicals.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Also, chocolate pudding on program is one of the creamy HNS. The plan doesn't allow for fat free/sugar free pudding until maintenance. On plan you can have only 1 creamy per day after day 5.
  • Quote: I just started MRC. I went on it years ago. There are none near me, so I am having to pull out all my old stuff, dust it off and see what we can do!

Here we go...........
    You will do great, if you are ready for it. I would not do any of the other protein bars because they are full of carbs. You should look into a protein powder called "Nectar". It has about the same carbs as HNS but a bit more protein and the same amount of calories. IT is about $40 for a lg container and you mix it with water. Be careful with hydroxycut, it has alot of side effects and also high in caffeine, which you should avoid during program.
  • Quote: I want a MRC cookbook. I emailed the closest location (several hours away) two times to see if I could buy one, but no one responds to me.

Have you looked at the MRC recipe thread here? I have found it to be significantly more useful than the cookbook. A lot of the recipes in the cookbook are posted there as well.
  • Quote: ) You can also use egg whites in place of protien supplements-6 gms of protien and 30 calories per medium egg white. I make scrambled eggs in the morning with 2 whole medium eggs and 3 egg whites. That counts as my protien and my HNS for breakfast. Eggs are only about 20 cents a piece so much cheaper than the HNS and a lot less chemicals.
    What a great idea using the egg whites instead of the HNS, i like that its less chemicals!!! I make a wonderful breakfast with 1 egg and 1 oz of pepperjack cheese and a 1/4 C of beans. Its so yummy and adding 3 egg whites instead of having my HNS would make it so much better!! Thanks for a great idea. I get sick of the sweet HNS all of the time so its nice to know its ok to subsitute something i can add into my food.
    That would also be good with a salad for lunch, add 3 hard boiled egg whites in a salad...
  • Quote: Have you looked at the MRC recipe thread here? I have found it to be significantly more useful than the cookbook. A lot of the recipes in the cookbook are posted there as well.
    I totally agree!!! The MRC cook book is not organized very well, and sometimes confusing. I've found a lot of great recipies on the thread here as well as recipies from some of the cooking classes different centers offer. My center has a notebook of copies of recipies from the classes and things that people have brought in..