I'm new & looking for others who eat EVERY 3 HOURS

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • I don't purposely do this...like watching the clock. But I do eat six small meals a day which breaks up to about the same.
  • Nicki
    Is that how you are losing weight - by eating 6 meals a day? Have you done this before to drop weight?
    People stress eating 3 meals and 2 snacks but I found that doesn't work for me. I spread my food intake for the day out evenly into 5 meals. I don't count calories or anything but just making healthier choices. When I had a salad yesterday I ate a wheat roll instead of white.
  • I've been eating every three hours for four days now and I've lost a total of four pounds so far!! ^_^ I haven't had any candy, chocolate, ice cream, none of it! Four whole pounds! ^_^I'm four pounds more from being under 200lbs!! I haven't been under 200lbs for months now and this is very exciting to me. ^_^_^_^_^_^
  • Migo - Wow so eating every 3 hours seems to be working for you!! I bought that chocolate bar I was telling you about. It's 3.5 oz and cost over $2.50 or so. It's organic and is a dark chocolate. To my surprise it's not bad!! So my idea is if I do crave chocolate I will just have a small piece. (Not because of the calories but because of the cost) It's called Green & Blacks.
    Keep up the good work!
  • Quote: Yes, I eat every 2-3 hours:
    1. To keep myself full, and not craving naughty things
    2. To make sure I reach my calories for the day
    3. To keep my metabolism constantly working.

I've lost 10lbs since dec.26, and its the first "diet" I've ever been able to keep up with.
    Those are my reasons too! I have lost almost 50 pounds since last May doing this. Love it because I am constantly eating!
  • I also do the 3 hour thing, breakfast, snack,lunch, snack. dinner, snack, This keeps me from becoming ravenous and eating anything that doesn't move.
  • bargoo - I see you have been a member since 2006. So is there a forum or area on 3FC that is specific for people who eat every 3 hours? I am new to this site and haven't seen one yet.
  • I don't know of a forum especially for those who eat every 3 hours but I know many who do, they are scattered around in different forums.
  • Quote: Redneck Charger - How often do you weigh yourself?
    Hi.. I don't have a scale yet.. But do measure myself once a week with a tape measure.. Started 2 weeks ago yesterday, started with a waist measurement of 48.. and right this moment it is..46" So I have lost 2" in two weeks..
  • I'm sure there are lots of people who eat every 2-3 hours. I'm a calorie counter and i eat every 2-3 hours. I have my breakfast between 8:30 and 9am. I have a snack around 11:30-noon, i have lunch at 1pm. Then another snack around 4:30-5pm...then i go home and have dinner around 6:30-7pm. I find that if i have snacks in between my meals, i don't get that starving feeling. But i try to make sure they are healthy, filling snacks but low in calories. My meals are usually high in protein too. I love egg white omelets w/fat free cheese and a slice of deli turkey...lunch is a can of albacore tuna and sugar free pickle cubes and dinner is usually some sort of chicken. I have yogurts and bannanas and low fat popcorn as my snacks alot of times. I eat around 1200-1300 calories a day and drink 60-80 ounces of water a day. I drink 2 travel mugs of coffee a day too. I use splenda and sugar free creamers. I just started back on my "diet" and i'm not getting any excersize at the moment, so it's a little slow going. But i have done this successfully twice before and lost 63 pounds. Now, i am back to drop the 24 i put back on from being careless and hopefully drop just a couple more and be at my goal.
  • I think you'll find a lot of dieters or people trying to lose weight will eat smaller and more frequent meals.

When I was at my biggest I ate only two times a day many times. No breakfast then a big lunch which would make me not hungry until late like after 7 or 8pm and by then I was starving and I would eat a HUGE meal.

I work for myself so I kinda keep a weird schedule but I probably eat about every 4 hours with two snacks in between where ever I need them.

So far it is working for me.

I have roamed all over this site and I have not seen a forum just for people who eat every 3 hours.
  • I also eat every 2-3 hours. I also use a technique called "front loading" where I eat my big meal at breakfast or lunch and taper off. My supper is usually really light. I find this is effective for me and works with the natural timing of my body. If I don't eat small frequent meals I get some unpleasant symptoms like headaches and issues with my vision (I am hypoglycemic).
    I have also started removing all sugar, and most processed carbs from my diet, getting most of my carbs from fruit and veg. I feel so much better and my mood and energy have also levelled out preventing me from feeling starved.
  • I have also looking for a thread for others who are eatting everyone 3 hours to lose weight.
  • Hey eveyone I am new at this whole 3 hour thing but I am so ready started tues. but have been going to the gym every day for an hou atleast so here I go
  • Well since there doesn't seem to be a thread for people who eat every three hours I guess this can be it. I've received PMs from a few people who either do this as their plan or eat every three hours incorporated into their "plan" Whatever the case may be for someone, I think the main idea to eating every three hours is to keep your metabolism running. I used to feel ups and downs ( I guess from my sugar levels) but I haven't had that feeling since I started eating ever three hours.
    Oh yeah..this morning I was able to put on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear since 2007.
    Mamabear - I haven't started working out yet but I plan to get a Bowflex soon. The gym is too far for me to go to.
    Redneck - two inches..that's GREAT!!! Way to go!