Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #31  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I started eatting every three hours today and I was suprised I didn't have any really cravings for junk food. Today was my cardio day so that is done. Tomorrow I will have a long day at work so I have to make sure I make enough food.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #32  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

Bev- I have the same problem when I have long days. LOL. I have to pack my entire fridge! LOL. But I don't find myself so hungry
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #33  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Bev - How are you doing with eating every three hours? I've been doing it since Jan 1st and I can't believe how much more energy I have.
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #34  
Bev

Quote:
Originally Posted by delafax View Post
Bev - How are you doing with eating every three hours? I've been doing it since Jan 1st and I can't believe how much more energy I have.

I am doing pretty well eatting every three hours. It really has helped with my cravings. I believe this is something I can really stick with.

Bev
Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #35  
Let It Go

Hello Everyone,
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I am amazed how I don't have cravings and I haven't overeaten or binged since I started eating every 3 hours.
I'm eating 5 meals during the day when I work and then on the weekends I manage 4 meals. I like to sleep late on Sat and Sun.
I have lost almost 15 pounds. I should be able to put a weight ticker in my signature line soon....can't wait.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

delafax that is awesome. do u keep track of calories or do u just eat whatever every 3 hours. I am going to try this as all my other 'diet' attempts have failed. I do get really hungry because i go too long without eating. I am also having energy problems and feel tired and unmotivated. How soon did you notice the increase in energy? I just always forget to eat... maybe I should get a watch with a beeper on it. Good luck just 10 more and you'll be under that 200 mark!!!!
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #37  
Let It Go

I don't count calories or anything. I have tried "diets" in the past and lost weight but then put it back on and then some. I feel like I am basically eating the same amount of food but just spreading it out throughout the day. Of course I am more mindful of what I am eating. But...I am not pigging out, eating too much or binge eating anymore because afterall I eat every three hours. I did switch from Coke to Coke Zero. I am also drinking hot tea. I'd rather drink hot tea than cold water right now. That's the only changes to what I eat I have made. I haven't exercised yet but plan to start in a month or two.
Within one week - I noticed I had more energy, feel better and my mood is better. I don't need a nap after work anymore. The absolute best part is I feel like I eat plenty and this is something I CAN do for the rest of my life.
One more thing I noticed..it has evened out my sugar or insulin levels and I don't feel the ups and downs like I used to feel after eating a meal. Seems like I would crash and the only way to feel better was to eat again.
I eat breakfast at 7am, lunch one at 10am, lunch two at 1pm, dinner one at 4 pm and dinner two at 7pm. I think too much about food to forget about eating..LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #38  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

i don't like to say i'm "dieting". i am involved in a lifestyle change. how i am eating now is how i plan to eat for the rest of my life. healthier choices and exercising to take care of myself. it is always good to eat many small meals throughout the day.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

darnit, i didn't do it today... i'm so lazy... I have food in my fridge but I just wander into the kitchen don't want to make anything and wander out than was so hungry later I ate a whole Totino's pizza. duh, I need to make a super conveinent grocery list so when I stock up I can have pre portioned foods ready to go and my lazy butt won't have an excuse. I did this one time and got the individual portion veggie packs, apple slices, fruit cups, yogurt, even single portion chips to go with my premade sandwhiches or whatever my meal is. I have read so many times about eating smaller mini meals and you will lose weight. I usually just eat 2 big meals a day, but I guess I do snack and munch on crap too.

I am going to start making a conscious effort to eat every 2-3hours 5-6x a day. I usually don't wake up till 10, I work 2nd shift... so I will try to eat at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm & 10pm. Hmmm... maybe I'll have to adjust that a little for 6 meals. Or I'll just start trying to get in 5 and then add a 6th mini-meal after I get used to doing this. I really need some energy, I've just been draggin at work and I'm worried about my performance.

I like that idea of calling it Lunch 1 & 2... reminds of LOTR when the hobbits are talking about 2nd Breakfast. Hee-Hee! I'll have my 1st Breakfast, My 2nd Breakfast, My 1st Lunch, My 2nd Lunch & My Dinner!!! Maybe if I think about it like that it will be 'funner' to eat and plan my meals, cuz I usually dread it and get frustrated and just eat whatever.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 240/232/197

Height: 6'4

Cool

Still eating five times a day.. sumtimes 6.. and haven't had any junk food, fast food.. and feel so much better.. this Sunday will be a month.. I'll let you know what I am down to...
Redneck Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #41  
Bev

I am also still eatting every 3 hours. I can't say i have not had any junk food though. That is someting I am still working on. Some days I count calories and some days I don't. I also drink hot tea instead of plain water though. I don't like drinking cold water in the winter.

bev
Old 01-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 240/232/197

Height: 6'4

Cool

I still don't write down what I have been eating other then posting it here, but know for nearly a month I've eaten noting but good ol'healthy food..
Redneck Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #43  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

hi everyone! i too make sure i eat every 3-4 hours and it was a really huge advantage to me as well at work since i'm a nurse's aide...and my 15 min break and lunch break is 4 hours apart...not 3 but its ok for me >D at home i do eat every 3 hours and for me, its better because it doesnt make me overeat and i enjoy savoring my food more especially the veggies.
PiXiEgAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #44  
Oh Me Oh My

S/C/G: 196/192/140

Height: 5'6" - I am shrinking!

Hi everyone - Eating every 3 hours or so sounds alot like the South Beach Diet practice. They recommend breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner & snack. It does work as long as you stick with it, like anything else. Good luck everyone!
2old2quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 278/264/120

Height: 5ft.3

Funnily enough, I never heard of the 3-hour plan, but gradually,adhering to my plan which is high-protein mostly, it worked itself out into 3-4 hour meals. I lost the sugar-cravings very early on, I just feel hungry when I miss or postpone a meal, and then a protein snack (omelette or salad) suffices. Beauty!
I have noticed, though, that the more regularly I eat, the faster I lose.
fractal is offline   Reply With Quote