Daily Check-In: Support for all chickies

You're on Page 42 of 44
Go to
  • Hi! Just a quick hello. I'm with my family in Ohio for a few days. My mom doesn't have a DVD player in her living room anymore, and I've already had a piece of fried chicken...but I'll make it all work somehow.

At some point I will be at a computer, and I'll check back in. Have a great weekend!

judy
  • Judy & Kathy - Thanks very much for your birthday wishes .

We just got back from the coast - we had a really wonderful time at Newport and Florence. The weather was great (opposite of forecast). It would be lovely to live near the ocean. I'm almost afraid to step on the scale tomorrow at the end of my 'birthday week'
  • Hi All!

Last week was crazy, but this week is starting out well. I still have not heard anything from the job interview I had. The last I knew they were still reviewing applicants. I'm getting anxious, because I really would like to have this job.

My DH is waiting to discuss finances so I must run. I'll visit with you all tomorrow.

Kathy
  • Yaay, I'm back home, for a couple of days. I see that my post form the other day didn't make it onto the thread somehow.

Kathy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! If they are still interviewing candidates for the job you want, it might take a while before they get back to you...waiting is so hard!

Penny, I hope that the scale wasn't too frightening. I'm glad that you had a great time celebrating your birthday week.

I had a good visit with my mom, sister and brothers. Scrabble, a baseball game, shopping, lots of goofing around. My food choices got better each day that I was away, but not enough hard workouts. Now I have two days of office work, errands and packing before flying to New Mexico on Saturday. I'm setting my alarm tonight, so that I will have plenty of time at the gym tomorrow.

judy
  • hey there ladies sorry I haven't posted in awhile, things have been very busy here. I am trying to get the boys ready for school, and my birthday is coming up and I think we are going out of town for that. I haven't really lost much weight this month. Just a couple of lbs, hopefully this next month coming up I will be able to get back on plan and my workout schedule on a daily basis and not so much of this bouncing around schedule LOL... Hope everyone is doing well. I will do my best to check in later. Have a great day!
  • Hi all! Hope you all are doing well.

Judy - You are one busy lady. I don't know how you keep OP and get exercising in. Keep up the good work.

I did well with my food intake today, but I need to get back to exercising. Still no word from the job interview, but DH said today that he would rather I stay where I'm at because the job I interviewed for would require me to occasionally work some nights and weekends. He doesn't want that. I also have to think how this will affect my kids. With my DH working 4:30pm-1am, someone needs to be at home with the boys. I guess I'll wait to see what happens.

My kids started school this past Monday and that means football games! DH2 and DH3 both have a scrimmage tomorrow night. After this DH3 will have his games on Thursday and DH2 will have them on Friday. That will keep me hoping, and I don't think I"ll get to all of the away games, but I'll do the best I can.

I must run. Need to pay the bills. Have a good Friday.

Kathy
  • Mystical, congratulations on losing a few pounds in a very busy month! That's even better than maintaining when life is a bit crazy.

Kathy, I have some bills for you,, while you have your checkbook out . I hope you're offered this job, so that you have a choice. However it works out, you are on a new path for the future.

I slept thru my alarm this morning--and it felt great I got in two hot and sweaty walks today, going to meetings, and ate on program.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

judy
  • Kathy - I hope your job situation gets resolved soon.

Mystical - It's hard to stay on plan when things are hectic - hopefully things will soon be on a more even keel for you.

Judy - It sounds like you had a fun time with your family and a chance to unwind. I know you like shakes and also Indian food, so I thought I'd share my recipe for Mango Lassi Protein Shake: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=738854
    I really love the mango lassi drinks they have in Indian restaurants, so I came up with this shake and it's so delicious my DH even asks for it as a meal replacement and he usually doesn't care for the other shakes I make.

I gained two pounds during my 'birthday week' but have since lost them so I'm back to 205. Now I'm back to eating more sensibly I'm hoping the scale will start cooperating again. I've made a new Thanksgiving Goal of losing 8 lbs.
  • Penny, thanks for the shake recipe! I'll definitely check it out. I love mangos...congratulations on getting rid of the birthday pounds so quickly!

Well, chickies, I'm heading to the airport shortly. I won't have Internet or cell access again until next weekend. So I'll check in then, and let you know how my week of silent meditation went. One subject that I know I'll meditate on is this journey, and what needs to happen mentally (or psychically, or spiritually) so that I can move to a healthy weight.

Have a good week!

judy
  • Enjoy your week of reflection Judy!
  • Hello ladies, can't believe August is already at the end where did the year go LOL. Well I didn't meet any of my goals for this month but I am not giving up I have set another goal for September and I just know this will be my new begining month since it is my birth month and all... Sounds like a good month for "New Beginings" I am doing my best to lose weight and get on a steady routine with my workouts this month... This has got to be the month for me.... Hope you all are having a great day! I'll check in again soon... Keep up the good work! & Drink your water! LOL
  • Hi there! First time joining in here

well, this week's pretty....lazy. I have some project I have to do and suddenly I don't exercise D: I'm able to hold my eating to some point but I slip out every now and there I feel pretty sad. Not to mention the eating outside which my family does every weekend...

Need to gather that willpower to workout even when I'm busy D: and to -not- eat too much..

sorry for whining so much in my first post here.
  • Hi there Trefle . We all have times when it's hard to stay on track - please don't call it whining - we just say we're sharing - venting is good for us once in a while! Here's some willpower dust

Mystical - Good luck with your "New Beginning" - I think we all need a bit of a kick in the butt to get us going in the right direction again!

I had a busy day with lots of yard work and month end bookkeeping. It's amazing how much I can get done when I finally get a good night's sleep!
  • I'm back on the grid, and slowly readjusting to "civilization" by splurging at a beautiful jistoric spa in New Mexico. The retreat was wonderful, challenging and emotional. I'm still processing it all.

It's surprising how tiring it is to sit perfectly fit, or walk at a snails' pace...We went from 6:30 AM-9 PM, with not muc unscheduled time. So except for hiking up and down to the casitas and the outhouses (!) a few times a day, I can't have burned many calories. And while I feel marvelously relaxed, I also feel pudgy from the carb-heavy vegetarian meals. The food was excellent.

Nice to meet you, Trefle!

Mystical, it's anew day--you can do it!

Penny, glad that you got some sleep! I will sleep like a baby tonight.

Judy
  • Judy - Welcome back . I don't know what a jistoric spa is, but it sounds lovely and relaxing. I'm sure you have learned some good relaxation techniques.

We're getting some much needed rain and I'm so glad I won't have to do so much watering in the garden.

I've been pretty much on plan but still not losing. Hopefully, I'll soon get a whoosh - I'll know on Sunday (my "official" weigh in day).