Daily Check-In: Support for all chickies

You're on Page 40 of 44
Go to
  • ER welcome sounds like your a busy lady. I like to try new recipes and like the one from ww that is a white cake mix with pineapple. It is so good hard to only eat a 2''.
    Penny how long has Marie been gone. Your right some how I had you both mixed up. At any I got it straight now. Good news on the decrease every little bit counts.
    I had a graduation party today. Not crazy on cals but not real great either. But I am starting on Mon. to get on track and write in my journal and jump the scale yes the scale. I have been staying off that box for awhile and like it or not it does help us to stay on traCK and walking and one day to the gym.
    ER I work with people with Developmental Disabilities Adults. In the line of a Social Worker.
    MABear calorie counting is may way to make a difference too. I have tried other ways and it seems to be best for me personally. I use my handy little cal. counter it just got put in my purse to get me on track..
    Well have a great week and lets make some good strides in our exercise and eating healthy choices.
  • Hello everyone... I am finally getting back to posting our house is finally organized and we are all settling in pretty good. I can't believe it through all of the move and not eating so great I still managed to take off a couple of pounds. Yeah... So for my first month I lost a total of 9lbs.. So here we go on for another month.... I am going to set my goal at just 6lbs this month. I thought I might slow down a little after the first month so I didn't want to set myself up for failure... I was sure how much to put for my goal but thought 6lbs I could achieve....

Hope you all are having a great day... It is a beautiful sunny day here and we have the day off for our civic holiday.... Have a great one and I'll check in later with you.
  • Hi guys! I would love to join this thread!! Today is my day off therefore catch up day. I slept in till 9 which was amazing (during my work week I start work at 4am) and then made banana bread and have been cleaning the house which is almost done (its almost 1 lol). The plan for today is to go grocery shopping and for a run in the trails once my boyfriend gets off work. Lasange for dinner...yummy!!!
  • Welcome, Saffytaffy!

Mystical, congratulations. That's great, to lose so much while in the midst of moving, which is always stressful.

Penny, I love Netflix. There's no fees or pressure. Congrats on continuing to lose. It all adds up!

Carol, just keep thinking about Hawai'i...

Well, my brother headed out today. He's visiting friends in the area--and they got fabulous tickets for tonight's baseball game, so I'm watching now cuz I can see him sometimes sitting in the front row!

judy
  • Carol - Good for you to get back to journaling. It can be very helpful to keep on track. Marie has been gone from our thread for several weeks now. I think she was looking for a more active thread.

Saffytaffy - Welcome! I love banana bread too but I find it too tempting to have around as it's so 'more-ish'. Lasagna isn't too bad - a regular sized portilon comes in at around 300-400 calories, which is what I try to aim for for a main course.

Mystical - Way to go losing 9 lbs. on your first month! I still have 4 o 5 lbs. to lose to reach my goal on the 18th. Not sure if I'll make it but I'm trying!

Judy - How fun that you could see your brother on TV at the game!

It's cooled down a lot today - in fact I'm wearing a sweatshirt it's so cool! I'm so glad our heat wave is over. Now I can get out and do some much needed yard work. My poor flowers are looking very tired from all that heat! I'm still on plan but it's been a bit frustrating staying the same weight for 3 weeks since I really want to be in the 100's by my birthday. It's still do-able, but time is slipping by fast. Wish me luck!
  • What a damp and dreary day! It's the kind of day I'd rather spend at home on the couch instead of at the office. But I'm knocking a few important items off my Task list, so it's good that I dragged myself in.

Penny, I hope you can reach your goal by your birthday You're almost at One-derland...

I'm trying to bear down again after having a little too much fun these past few days. I did a weight workout at home this morning, but no cardio. I'm going to hear some jazz after work this evening, so I won't be able to fit a workout in later on. So it's off to the gym in the morning for a hard, 60 minutes on the cardio machines. Last night I lost a battle with the carb monster, to the tune of at least 300 extra calories . I need to move away from the TV when I start feeling munchy.

I hope that everyone is looking forward to a good weekend.

judy
  • I hope you are all having a good weekend! I've been moving things around in my apartment and catching up on filing. A good friend is having a birthday dinner tonight at an Indian restaurant, so I'm going to workout before leaving home

judy
  • It has been weeks since I've been here. It's not that I haven't thought of all of you. I trust this finds you all doing well.

We have been so busy. Football practice has started and on the 24th school will be starting. Where has this summer gone? My Grandmother always told me that the older you get the faster the days go, and as a teenager I didn't believer her, but I sure do now. Wow it is flying by.

Have a good night of rest everyone!

Kathy
  • Judy - I hope your weather has improved. It's lots cooler here now and a welcome relief from our boiling hot temperatures recently. How was your Indian dinner? I loooove Indian food! We have a fabulous Indian buffet restaurant fairly near here in a dingy little strip mall next to K-Mart. It's a terrible location but the food is wonderful - very fresh and a huge selection. We only go there on rare occasions as it's just too tempting to load up on all those goodies but it's a great place for a treat.

Kathy - It's good to hear from you. I agree that time flies by quicker and quicker as you get older. I sometimes wonder what it's like for those giant tortoises that live to be 200+ years old! Maybe a month is like a day to them!!

I weighed in the same today . Oh well, at least I'm not gaining. I have another week to go on my mini goal, so hopefully I can lose a pound or two. I've been a bit bad with my DH away last week - too many snacks!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Hi, Kathy! I hope that things are going well for you. You're right, summer flies by so fast....

Penny, I hope you can post another loss toward your birthday goal!

The Indidan dinner was to die for. Probably the best Indian meal I've ever had. About a dozen of us dishes family-style, which made it easier to overeat. Still, I stopped when I was comfortably full, and of course, I had to avoid the yummy naan bread.

I had a good weight workout today, and over an hour of cardio. If I wake up early enough, I'll go to the gym Monday morning for the rowing machine. Otherwise, I'll do a dance workout at home, plus my 30-minute walk to work. I've been eating on program today, and determined to have some mint tea and not evening munching--even though I'm watching the Iron Chef

judy
  • Wow, it was too hot and muggy yesterday (nearly 100 degrees) for a power walk! This morning was slightly better, so I did my 30-minute walk on the way to work. I'm excited thinking about "training" for the retreat in a few weeks, when hiking meditation will be a big part of the week.

I have been trying to get out of some of my eating ruts, while working around limitations, like avoiding soy and dairy in the morning (calcium interferes with the thyroid meds). This morning I made a smoothie with frozen banana, a scoop of whey powder, a tablespoon of peanut butter, almond milk (almost no calcium) and a little ground flax seed. Oh, it sounds disgustingly healthy, but it was so good! Last night I grilled a few sea scallops with some onions, garlic and red pepper, and they were delicious, if I do say so myself.

My sister in Ohio lost over 50 lbs and counting this year! It will be great to see her soon. She's in a group that avoids all sugar and flour, logs everything, meets weekly (a la WW or OA) and meets individually with a counselor. She's been heavier than me for several years, but now she's down to a size 16. I know that seeing her will be a great motivation for me. She's much younger than me, so we aren't competitive, but still, I don't want to be huge in comparison .

So what's going to happen to our little thread? If you chickies want to keep it going, you'll have to check in! If you've moved on, speak up so that I'll know what's up.

judy
  • Hi Judy - Yes it is a bit quiet around here lately. Where is everyone ? Looks like it's your turn for a heat wave. It's probably humid in your neck of the woods too at this time of the year. Your smoothie sounds a lot like the one I have for supper sometimes. Yesterday I made mine with protein powder, banana and frozen blueberries. It was soooo yummy!

Congrats to your sister for losing 50 lbs. That must be a real inspiration for you. I've also been trying to cut out some flour as it does a number on my digestive system. I had a few sandwiches when my DH was away last week and I still have tummy trouble from it. It's funny how you crave things you know aren't good for you .

I hope everyone else is doing well and staying on plan.
  • Hello ladies sorry I haven't check in lately I have just not been feeling well, Since our move, I have had so many allergy problems since there use to be a cat in this house. I am finally feeling better and I am up by 2lbs... Yikes... I am hoping since things are organized and things are starting to settle down that I can get my eating and workouts back on schedule... I don't know what happened to me but I was like on this bad sugar binge... Please help I need a kick in the bootie LOL
  • Judy - I'm sure your sister is an encouragement to you. It's great that you two can work on this together.

Penny - I hope all is going well with you.

Mystical - I hope you are feeling better. Allergies sure can mess a person up. My are driving me crazy right now.

My DH and I made a big decision this past week and that was to resign as foster parents. We will have our 3 boy that we have guardianship of, but the foster child we have will be moved on Friday. This was a hard decision and one we have prayed about for a long time. Our purpose for getting in to foster care was to adopt and have a family. The Lord blessed us with 3 great kids and we feel it is time to be that family and take care of the 3 boys we have. We are excited about our decision and know we are in God's will.

I have not been eating well this week. I've been under a lot of stress. Our foster child finds out tomorrow that he is leaving. Once he knows that he will be leaving on Thursday or Friday. I'm ready for this change and to be a family with our 3 boys, but until this is all done I'm wind up tight as a drum. My neck is killing me because of the stress.

I trust you all had a good day and hope your Wednesday is happy and healthy!

Kathy
  • Oh, Kathy, this sounds so hard! My thoughts are with you and your family--including the little boy--this week

Hey, Mystical, here ya go: Like you, I really want "bad" food when I'm feeling bad. Part of it's comfort, part of it's distraction, but it also feels like a chemical craving, somehow...anyway, I'm glad you're in your new place, cat dander and all.

Penny, summers can be miserable in DC, that's one reason the Founding Fathers saw fit to have Congress go into recess for August. We've had a relatively mild summer, so I shouldn't complain. The heat is unusual in your part of the country, though. I hoep that your garden survived it.

I ate on plan today, but I was surprisingly upset by something I saw online late this afternoon (in respect to the health care reform "town hall meetings") and suddenly I was desperate to leave early and go out for a drink. My original plan was to go to the gym after work--oh well . I'll set the alarm and go in the morning. It was actually good to find a friend and do something spontaneous to let go of the stress--I probably should come up with healthier alternatives for the future!

judy