New Years Goals

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I know its a bit early to be thinking about it, but do any of you have goals you want to reach before the new year? What about goals for 2009?

My personal goals are to be in the 150's by new years, even if its 159. In 2009 I want to attain my ultimate goal weight of 134, which would be an overall 100 lbs loss. I also want to begin training to run a marathon. Yes, I have lofty goals.
  • I'd like to see myself in the 170's.
  • if I can just lose 20 lbs before the end of the year, I will be a very happy camper...Ya'll know I've been stuck FOREVER...but I haven't stepped foot on the scale in a very long time. I probably gained 60 lbs knowing my luck. Last years resolution was to lose 60 this year...so far, I lost 30, if I lose 20 more, 50 for the year won't be so bad.
  • I'd like to see the 160's but I'll be happy if I can run for an hour without feeling like I am going to collapse! (does that happen??)
  • My New Year's goal is to lose 20 pounds by New Year's Day (which I have lost 5 so far). My 2009 goal is to get down below 200!!
  • I would like to reach my final goal of 140! That would be great
  • At new years I want to be at my goal weight. My resolution for 2009 is to keep up the exercise. I feel so much better for exercising so I really need to keep doing it!
  • I would love to lose 15-20 lbs. by the new year. My goal for the 2009 year is to lose at least 50 lbs. and to learn Spanish!
  • I think my goal for the New Year would be to not obsess about weight like I have been. I want to incorporate working out and eating right, but not have to think about it...and without feeling the guilt of splurging or "falling off the wagon".

Sounds tough though...
  • Quote: My New Year's goal is to lose 20 pounds by New Year's Day (which I have lost 5 so far). My 2009 goal is to get down below 200!!
    Same here! I'd like to be under 200 by New Years! What a way to ring in 2009, even if I'm 199.9 I'd be thrilled to pieces!!!!!!
  • My goal before new years day is being 300 lbs or less. I'm not sure if this is realistic since I don't know how much weight I'm actually capable of losing in that period of time. But if im not under 300 I won't be dissapointed because I'll know in my heart that I tried my best.
    My resolution for the year of 2009 is 50 lbs.
  • I really want to be able to run 5k And i wouldn't mind hitting 130 .. although i wouldn't mind if i didn't :-D
  • Goals for New Year's Day:

Be completely on plan with C25K
    Still be committed to working out 6 Days a week
    Be at 245 or under

Goals for 2009:

Hit goal weight
    Run a 5K
    Conceive!!

I am most excited about the last one!
  • I want to get down to 210, which seems do-able since I am now 218!!! Do you all think I can lose 8 pounds by then??? My body loses weight pretty slow
  • I think all of your goals sound doable.
    Heather, your last goal sounds fun...lmao!