Hello From One Fat Chick In England #14

You're on Page 5 of 32
Go to
  • Me clever have set my time to GMT + 1 hr!
  • Am in pain above knee and to the side of knee does anyone know what that bit is called?
  • Just had a look at forum team am the only moderator online so better stay here until someone else comes on
  • Sending hugs over to you Smiling Sal. I am sure something will turn up, but I know exactly how he must be feeling.
  • Veggie you are a clever cookie - GMT + 1
  • Me not so clever - can't find out where I change to GMTV +1hr

Whoops - obviously not as fick as i fought i woz

No doubt someone will disagree
  • can some one please tell me how to do it???? I am an hour behind everyone else (story of my life!!!)

Jan
  • Don't worry Jano, I'm five hours behind everyone else....LOL! Sarah and Vegie, well done on becoming mods for the forum. I'm sure you'll do a right super job. Carol, chin up luv, you are such a smiler, you and hubby will be sorted again soon, here's hugs for you and him {{{{Carol & Hubby}}}} Tracy, congrats, and TQ, hope you feel better soon and your noisy chest quieten's down some. Hello to everyone else, hope you're all doing fine. I am, really enjoying this week off from work...having some lazy days...Monday will appear far to fast tho, I just know it.
    Everyone have a wonderful day today.
    Chris.
  • Veggie - I am not a medical person, but I think the bit where you are in pain is called your 'leg'!

Jan - to change the time you need to click on 'profile' at the top of the screen (under the title that says 3FC's Healthy Weight Loss Support Forum' - then click on 'options' and the time selection thing is in there.

Great news yesterday.... I found out that we had got lost in the Social Services fostering system.... our assigned social worker had decided to leave and didn't bother doing any work during her notice period so we got overlooked. This means that technically we have got to somehow have 8 hours of one-to-one assessment (individually and jointly) with our new social worker before the 16th April when post assessment training starts!

The other problem is that we have already met our new social worker.... and we don't much like her. She is the one who came round to do our first interview and was three and a half hours late with no apology, who didn't much like gorgeous George (dog) and who tried to pressurise us in to fostering troublesome teenagers (her speciality) .... oh goody! Talk about a really bad start - we even complained about her attitude when we had our training. So... this is the person who is going to ask us a million and one questions about every single aspect of our relationship/ household/ families/ background, etc, etc, etc and who will ultimately sit in judgement on us!
  • Yeah, I'm having problems with social workers too. Mom is in this home on a temp. basis and to make things permanent she has to have it sorted by a social worker. Well, 2 weeks down the line, has anything been done?????, has it heckers like.

Sorting out her bungalow at the mo. Does anyone know of a charity organisation who collects stuff??, there is bedding and all manner of things!!
  • YEEEEESSSSSS I did the time thingy!!!
    Thanks Sarah
  • Jan - there are lots, but it depends on what charity you like to support. I usually donate things to The Heart Foundation - they actually came and collected the last lot, but I don't think they make a habit out of it - I think you usually have to take them in to their shops.
  • I'd like to apologise to everyone for when it seems like I am obviously on line when I look like I am off line or when it looks like I am ignoring people on instant messenger or have to disappear really fast. I have got a problem with my Brother in Law and I don't know how to deal with it. He's signed off work to lose a lot of weight and has bought a PC to fill in the time - so now he is just discovering the delights of instant messenger and/or social emailing - and I'm his ONLY contact.... or should I say 'victim'! Its a shame there aren't any sort of etiquette rules governing these thiings - if I'm showing as on line he wants to chat for hours, even if I tell him I am already busy with something/someone else! HE'S DRIVING ME NUTS!
  • Jano, I believe MENCAP collect everything, i am sure you will be able to find a good home for everything, hope so, this isn't a pleasant time for you, we are all thinking of you at this time.
  • Poor Sarah... can't you intoduce him to some chat programmes?. There are always people who will chat there for hours and say nothing....keep him busy for a while. Seriously though, I expect he is wanting to practice.!!

TQ thanks for your support. I thought I would do the job a little at a time. There are things that I will keep and she can have in her room, but there are things like bedding etc. I found, yesterday a cheque from a building society for interest on a savings account for £109... its is 20 years old. What's the chances of claiming that then! Mom just didn't know what she was doing with money.

I (with the support of DH) have decided to let her bungalow out. Selling is so final and what do I do with the money ( now don't all rush at once!!! LOL) What I mean is, there is no rate of return on money these days, better to leave it in bricks and mortar. Anyone got any tips on renting out? Going to see an agent tomorrow but I am sure he will only tell the the bits he wants me to know!

Any tips I will be grateful for.